lack of tin

mazza86

Jul 29, 2019
hi to everyone...

i've reed about the bug with the tin and i've try to fix it modifing the config file of ic2 but if i try to run minecraft it crashes...

any suggestions?

danidas

Jul 29, 2019
Their no longer is a issue with tin in all the new packs as they are using the thermal expansion tin generation with was specially configured by the mod pack team to fix any ore related issues.

What level are you mining at as tin is only between y 25 to y 50 so you will not find any at diamond level. In fact you will find very little ore at diamond level thanks to the new configs that force you to mine at a lease 2 to 3 different levels.

Here is the break down of the new ore heights.

Copper: 40-75
Iron: 20-40 (+0-63)
Lead: 20-40
Silver: 15-35
Tin: 25-50
Diamonds: 0-16
Gold: 0-32
Ruby: 0-32
Sapphire: 0-32
Apatite: 16-88
Emerald: 4-32
Coal: 0-110

Harro

Jul 29, 2019
I read that the tin setting actually affects silver and not tin.

I'm really noticing not having enough tin, I have lots of iron, copper, silver and gold but tin... not so much.

Sp0nge

Jul 29, 2019
Or just centrifuge lava(cells). Atleast in the mindcrackpack :).

Cant find it, make it!

mazza86

Jul 29, 2019
I'm using some turtle in the minecrack pack... So I.'m looking in quite all level but since now I've found just 3 ore

SeniLiX

Jul 29, 2019
Seems like quite a few players are having problems finding tin.

Am I really the only one swimming in mountains of tin here?
Almost got twice as much tin as copper atm.

The best advice is to NOT dig deep. There is no tin to be found at the lower levels.

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
I read that the tin setting actually affects silver and not tin.

I'm really noticing not having enough tin, I have lots of iron, copper, silver and gold but tin... not so much.

Just noting that this is not true - I've used a custom config with sparse, large tin veins in my current world and the settings definitely affected tin, not silver.

danidas

Jul 29, 2019
I have a mountain of tin and copper as well from basic caving and keeping the new ore heights in mind. As when your mining at their correct height levels you find tons of the stuff. My only issue is that tin looks similar to lead and silver when mining and I have yet to find any iridium.

Did you convert your beta pack world over to one of the new packs (Mindcrack or Direwolf) or are you still playing on the beta pack?

MavericK96

Jul 29, 2019
Plenty of tin here, not much copper though. I think that's due to mostly running my quarry in a massive ocean, so the top layer is probably below where most copper generates.

I also have way more silver and lead than I will ever need...

King Lemming

Jul 29, 2019
There is no tin "bug." That Reddit thread was outright incorrect, and I responded to it there. ;) What happened is that the configuration for tin was left unchanged from the default TE values, so tin is about 50% as common as it is with other mods.

It is not, however, "rare." A 30x30 chunk still contained 25,000 blocks of it on average. When you consider that two out of the other three mods which add tin(Forestry, RP) do NOT add ways of doubling the yield, it actually balances out.

As soon as you get into automated mining (or just try mining around levels 25-50), you will be swimming in tin.

Most of the rumors around the "tin bug" are simply due to people wanting every ore to spawn right around levels 12-16, and that's not how it works with the default configs.

Reactions: Bahnmor and Vauthil

TruculentMC

Jul 29, 2019
True, but the main use of Tin in Forestry (Bronze) is nerfed 50% by Gregtech (rightfully so, to match other Bronze recipe). RP doesn't use much Tin for the machines, but the alternate uses for it (Bucket etc) is once again nerfed by GregTech, so RP overall doesn't need much Tin. And it doesn't seem TE uses a lot of Tin, moreover it helps conserve it by enabling re-use of Cells and such via Liquid Transposer.
Meanwhile, IC2 needs quite a lot of it, especially at the start, but it seems to be sufficient by midgame. I still bumped the generation up a bit on my server, it can always be turned in to useful things, so I'd rather have extra later on than be shorthanded in the early game where it's really important.