keys "sticking" on ftb packs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daschundman

Jul 29, 2019
As said in my title my WASD, Space and shift keys are sticking (not literally on my keyboard the game is just registering that I'm pressing them when I have stopped). The only way to stop this is to either press Esc sometimes or I have to Ctrl+Alt+Del.
- this only happens on ftb
- I've tried restarting my computer, and re-downloading the modpacks
- I'm not sure what is causing this, this is why I have came here for help

All help is appreciated :)

Meldiron

Jul 29, 2019
Updating LWJGL would be a good start.
If that doesn't work then dissabling the voxel mods could be worth a try, especialy the map one.
If that doesn't help, then updating your java wouldn't hurt i guess.

And if none of those work then more information would be nice.

Daschundman

Jul 29, 2019
Alright I'll try these and let you know how it turns out.

Edit: I updated my LWJGL and still had the issue, after disabling voxel map it is working just like normal. Thanks!

steelblueskies

Jul 29, 2019
get this quite often when holding a movement key and opening the voxelmap. educated guess says its a litemod/liteloader issue which the voxelmods rely on( it was initially released along with a macro keybind system from the liteloader author... in the same post. so input issue after the switch to the litemods from rei's.. yep educated guess).

Daschundman

Jul 29, 2019
Well the keys sticking issue was solved, but with that a new problem arises. My shift key will work when sneaking in minecraft (and everywhere else on my computer) but when I use shift to quick move items it sometimes work and if it does it's on the like 3rd or 4th try. All I have done is disable all of the voxel mods and install rei's minimap.

Edit: Also if I left/right click while moving the game won't register that I'm pressing my WASD,Shift or Space key and i will just stop moving.

TheAtomicOption

Jul 29, 2019
I've encountered a similar problem today but disabling the voxel mods did not fix it for me.

The stuck key unsticks for me if I press it again, but another key will stick a little later. It's super dangerous in around lava and stuff as you can imagine!
It wasn't happening before today and i haven't updated or changed anything to my knowledge. It's super annoying. wtf?

The description on the updated LWJGL minecraft wiki page that Meldrion linked indicates it's probably the cause of your new problems. Apparently all the builds have one problem or another except version 2.8.4 or possibly the nightly build.

Edit: tried updating LWJGL and that doesn't fix it either. I'm stuck! :(

epoch86

Jul 29, 2019
My problem is the same as Atomics. Never happened before, just started today. I have tried Optifine, disabling all the Voxel mods, updating the LWJGL, and even restarting the computer and doing a fresh install of FTB.

epoch86

Jul 29, 2019
Bumping this. Im still having the same issue and its getting worse. Tried updating and rolling back the LWJGL, Java, and even did a fresh install of Minecraft and FTB Launcher. I've had to stop playing because it gets so bad. Please someone help. I love this game and do not want to stop playing because of this bug.

Its not a FTB only bug either. I have the same problem on Vanilla Minecraft.

Booker The Geek

Feb 26, 2013
Pacific North West, USA
Bumping this. Im still having the same issue and its getting worse. Tried updating and rolling back the LWJGL, Java, and even did a fresh install of Minecraft and FTB Launcher. I've had to stop playing because it gets so bad. Please someone help. I love this game and do not want to stop playing because of this bug.

Its not a FTB only bug either. I have the same problem on Vanilla Minecraft.
Have you tried reporting it on the minecraft forums?

People, I need logs. Console logs... in debug mode.... Link in my signature.

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
You don't need logs, it's a bug with voxel (zans) minimap. If you are moving and open the overlay map the keys stick until you repress it.

It appears to be fixed in 1.5.x versions.

Nerixel

Jul 29, 2019
All good. :p
He said he uninstalled that, then had the second problem.

If Java isn't version 7u21 (on Windows), update it (if you have 7u13, you'll need to uninstall that version and install the new one, the updater broke)
If you're on a Mac, you should be using Java 6u45.

epoch86

Jul 29, 2019
Ive already uninstalled every java and installed the newest 64bit version. Ive updated LWGJL and tried the older versions. It isnt a mod cause it happens on Vanilla Minecraft. You know, the no mods Minecraft. So that rules out Voxel. Ive tried putting all the graphics to the minimal. Nothing. Ive recently updated to the Ultimate Pack 1.0.2 but its still doing the same thing. Ive watched the console to see if any thing comes up in the Debug mode and nothing appears. So I cant send any logs.

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
He said he uninstalled that, then had the second problem.

If Java isn't version 7u21 (on Windows), update it (if you have 7u13, you'll need to uninstall that version and install the new one, the updater broke)
If you're on a Mac, you should be using Java 6u45.

I missed that part, but again I haven't had it happen in 1.5.x as of yet. It may be a 1.4.7 issue. I'll try to get on and play around sometime to see if I can get either of the above to happen.

If I remember correctly, neither issue shows up in the normal console log, but I never checked the full debug log if someone having the issues can post them.

Edit: ugh, I'm blind. Epoch, can you post those debug logs as soon as the issue happens?

Edit2: come to think of it, I need to check, but I manually removed all java from my computer and cleaned my registry before installing u21 and found a few leftovers from previous versions. Those leftovers may be what was causing it.

epoch86

Jul 29, 2019
It happens to me on 1.5.x also. Tried it on vanilla Minecraft. I can put the debug logs here but nothing pops up when the bug happens. How would I go about cleaning the registry?

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
Ah, ccleaner is used to clean the registry after manually removing java from your system, before reinstalling. It alone won't help.

I keep telling myself I need to post instructions for manually removing java, and never do once I'm home on my computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.