July News

Discussion in 'Feed the Beast News' started by Feed the Beast, Jul 14, 2017.

1. Feed the Beast

Feed the Beast Administrator Team Member

Modpack News

With the release of Minecraft 1.12, we have yet again released a version of our unstable pack. This pack showcases new mods on the new Minecraft version as well as provides mod authors a platform to get a large amount of playtime for new, untested code.

Unstable is mostly just a tossed together collection of mods, but our lead modpack dev tfox83 has put together a list of the config changes he's added to the pack.

There is currently a crash bug if you are using the legacy launcher on a mac and try to launch a 1.12 pack.

Wiki News

The editathon mentioned in the last news post, the Let's Just Do It Editathon, was a success! Lots of mods got documented, lots of translations were made, and in total thousands of edits were made by the community. We thank everyone who participated for contributing. The winner of the $20 steam gift card was user SirMoogle for his "sufficiently Thaumic" contributions, or his documentation of Thaumcraft 4 and addons.

The wiki community is currently trying to come to a decision on what to do with the public wiki section on the forums. Input from community members, regardless of whether they have edited the wiki, would be greatly appreciated. You don't even need an account to provide your thoughts. And while you're there, there's lots of other important discussions happening and all input is welcome.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 16, 2017
    Yusunoha likes this.
  2. Drawdenion

Drawdenion Active Member

Dang, still nothing on Beyond 2.0. We're all hyped though! Can't wait till more is done on it!

3. Magzie

Magzie Well-Known Member

they already posted that all their dev was going to 1.12 modded.

4. Magzie

Magzie Well-Known Member

which mod was put in to the crafting table crap cause it is preventing the craft book to be use to insert recipes into the crafting station. Note: I found it. Crafting Tweaks. You might want to disable this one for now if you are playing the pack until it can be fixed. Note 2: On testing the craft book does work with the craft station from TiCo FYI. I'm leaving the Tweaks mod off though cause I don't need it. Also I tested most of the other crafting thing and most don't give access to the crafting book.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2017
  5. Shaun Dreclin

Shaun Dreclin Active Member

still waiting on the new expert pack D:

6. Magzie

Magzie Well-Known Member

The news said they were coming out with a new main pack first then expert. Don't know how long that will be seems like a while.

7. RSM

RSM Member

where did they say that? that makes me excited beyond belief :)

8. Magzie

Magzie Well-Known Member

there you go.

9. Migmag789

Migmag789 Member

There is so many missing mods wich remained in 1.7.10 like OpenBlocks (now in 1.10, in Aplha), MineFactory Reloaded (now in 1.10, in Alpha), Nether Ores, Twilight Forest, ThaumCraft, Reika's mods, ExtraCells 2, Witchery, Mystcraft (now in 1.11, in Aplha) and BuildCraft (now in 1.11, in Alpha)...
    But the 1.12 is a good version ;)

maxtrax likes this.
  10. Magzie

Magzie Well-Known Member

Allot of the mods that deiced not to update did so because they were waiting for 1.12 modded.

11. BenTheHun1

BenTheHun1 Active Member

So what's up with the new map for the pyramid modpack?

12. Magzie

Magzie Well-Known Member

As far as I know the maps are still on.

13. Migmag789

Migmag789 Member

But... where are the august news ? o_O

14. zBob

zBob Well-Known Member

Relax, it’s not normally posted until the middle of the month unless they have something substantial to say.

15. Migmag789

Migmag789 Member

Oh no, why not every 2 weeks ? It's better with many news... The july news is just about FTB Unstable...

16. Quetzi

Quetzi Jack of All Trades Team Member Director of IT FTB Mod Dev

Well, it wouldn't be a monthly newsletter if it was every 2 weeks.

17. Hambeau

Hambeau Forum Addict

...And reports of "Nothing to see here folks, move along." get boring after a while :D

18. Migmag789

Migmag789 Member

Yes, it's logic x)