Java7

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Bomb Bloke

Jul 29, 2019
Define "nicely".

I don't have any prior releases of Java installed on my system. 2.1ghz dualcore, Mobility Radeon HD 4650, 4gb of RAM (system total, no custom allocations), 32bit OS, graphics set to fancy+far. Quite playable for me with the framerate hovering between 10-20FPS.

Reactions: lavarthan

lavarthan

Jul 29, 2019
Yes please define 'nicely' and include which OS you are using. With a Mac you must update the LWJGL to 2.9.0 to use Java 7 or else, provided you do not have Maverick or higher, you need to use Java 6. If you have Maverick you must use Java 7 and update the LWJGL to 2.9.0 Look here to update the LWJGL or downgrade to Java 6 if you are on a Mac.

DarthDax

Jul 29, 2019
I got maverick...and tried java 7 with LWJGL 2.9.0 and i got like 7 fps..i rolled it back to java 6 ..probably gonna dump this mac pro anyway since the new mac pro's are not game friendly

Bomb Bloke

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not sure what the new Mac Pros are intended for, full stop.

It's like they set out to make a new Mac Mini, then decided to show off with it and use that as an excuse to drop the real Pro line.

Reactions: Ashzification

NashuLee

Jul 29, 2019
Define "nicely".

I don't have any prior releases of Java installed on my system. 2.1ghz dualcore, Mobility Radeon HD 4650, 4gb of RAM (system total, no custom allocations), 32bit OS, graphics set to fancy+far. Quite playable for me with the framerate hovering between 10-20FPS.

What I mean is does it work. There was a time in the not to distant past that FTb launcher quite working and the problem if I recall correctly had in part to do with Java 7. I ended up having to remove it and go back to an older version of it in order to get the launcher to work.
as for the MAC not working or working for gaming, mine does just fine. I am running unleashed with optifine and I get great FPS, it is a non issue. The thing is I was looking at trying Resonant Rise and it looks like i need to update to Java 7 in order to do that and it scares me cause I dont want to screw up a good thing if you know what I mean.

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
What I mean is does it work. There was a time in the not to distant past that FTb launcher quite working and the problem if I recall correctly had in part to do with Java 7. I ended up having to remove it and go back to an older version of it in order to get the launcher to work.
as for the MAC not working or working for gaming, mine does just fine. I am running unleashed with optifine and I get great FPS, it is a non issue. The thing is I was looking at trying Resonant Rise and it looks like i need to update to Java 7 in order to do that and it scares me cause I dont want to screw up a good thing if you know what I mean.

That whole thing isn't an FTB problem. It's a problem with Java, LWJGL and forge. Predominantly Java and the way Apple re-wrote it to work with MacOS.

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
I'm running Java 7 update 45 (64-bit) on my PC running Windows 8.1, obviously also 64 bit.

Granted, my PC is pretty much cutting edge except for the video card (about 3 years old), but in single player mode I'm seeing 120 fps average, sometimes up to 240-ish.

I have an AMD 4850 CPU with 8GB ram. With FTB I dedicate 4GB ram to the game.
When I play Vanilla 1.7.2 I still see over 100 fps with the standard ram allocation and all the high quality settings.

In my opinion, MC and Java 7 are getting along famously, thank you very much.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
And I'm saying Mac's aren't meant for gaming at all.

xIrADyF.jpg

coQ2teK.jpg

sorry, couldn't resist :(

kheeler

Jul 29, 2019
That whole thing isn't an FTB problem. It's a problem with Java, LWJGL and forge. Predominantly Java and the way Apple re-wrote it to work with MacOS.

(Emphasis mine)

Apple has not distributed Java with their OS for the last two major OS versions I believe. They redirect you to java.com for the standard Oracle distribution.

NashuLee

Jul 29, 2019
OK, so I will re-ask the question in a way that maybe someone here can answer.... I am running a MAC that when I upgraded to JAva 7, it made my minecraft not work at all. I would like to play ResonantRise pack, but I am being told that I need to upgrade to Java 7 and I am hesitant to do that because I am having great success with my machine and FTB right now. So if there is any chance this may ruin my experience, then I will just wait.

Thanks

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
You have to update LWJGL to 2.9
OK, so I will re-ask the question in a way that maybe someone here can answer.... I am running a MAC that when I upgraded to JAva 7, it made my minecraft not work at all. I would like to play ResonantRise pack, but I am being told that I need to upgrade to Java 7 and I am hesitant to do that because I am having great success with my machine and FTB right now. So if there is any chance this may ruin my experience, then I will just wait.

Thanks

Reactions: NashuLee

NashuLee

Jul 29, 2019
You have to update LWJGL to 2.9

Can you point me in the direction to update this correctly?

I appreciate all the help you guys have thus far given me. It is always a nice feeling to know you can come to a community and get help when you have an issue.

Thanks.[DOUBLEPOST=1383316820][/DOUBLEPOST]
Can you point me in the direction to update this correctly?

I appreciate all the help you guys have thus far given me. It is always a nice feeling to know you can come to a community and get help when you have an issue.

Thanks.

I think I answered my own question, do you know if this is correct....

Mac

You should replace these files in minecraft/bin/natives/
  • libjinput-osx.jnilib
  • liblwjgl.jnilib
  • openal.dylib
  • libopenal.dylib
    • For this one, create a copy of openal.dylib, then rename it to libopenal.dylib
Taken from here http://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Tutorials/Update_LWJGL_(Legacy)

Reactions: Ashzification

Shakie666

Jul 29, 2019
This reminds me: Oracle got hacked a few months ago, so I haven't downloaded a new version of java since then. I guess its safe now?