Java compatibility

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord
J

JoeAceJR YT

can a staff please lock this thread? i learned all i needed to and this thread would probably get flooded with spam.

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
No. The best way to stop the development of an argument.... is to stop posting here?

I don't mind tho. Seems like the whole FTB scene thrives on drama so it might do some good for all of us. You know, get some benefits like sparkly, silky skin and bright, white teeth

It'll be something to do for the Memorial Day weekend (3 day holiday in the US) :D

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
Hello everyone, this is JoeAceJR here and I recently discovered that java will not be compatible with many devices because of security issues. When will ftb make a launcher that does not run java?

To reply to this post seriously:

Your only option(s) of running Minecraft without Java, period...

1). Minecraft Pocket Edition - on a phone or tablet
2). Minecraft on a Console unit - PSx, XBox, Nintendo(?)
3). Microsoft Windows 10 beta - MUST have Windows 10 installed on system, meet memory/GPU requirements

Pros (from your point of view):

1). No Java - All versions listed above written in C++
2). All versions nearly 100% compatible with each other by now, 8 multiplayer capable via Mojang "Realms" servers.

Cons:

1). Nearly no mods beyond DLC skin-packs and maybe textures