JaRyCu's Builds - Sept 2016 - Infinity Evolved Expert Mode

Boqzo1

Jul 29, 2019
I started another Infinity run last night (regular mode) just to see how fast I could get to big power generation. In less than an hour, I was able to make a large mountain base (carved out the corner of a mountain) and mined enough stuff that I had a large smeltery and a 3x3x3 Big Reactor producing 262 RF/t. Filled up 4 leadstone batteries in that time, too. If anyone wants them, I can post pix, but I wasn't looking for a long play through on that one.

Fair enough, I'll give it a go. I don't have a YouTube recording setup (yet - saving up for a new graphics card first), but I can definitely do a blog-style LP here in the forums since yall seemed to like what I was doing before.
Awesome! I really hope you enjoy it!

Reactions: JaRyCu

JaRyCu

Sep 29, 2015
South Georgia, USA
Hear ye, hear ye! Boys and girls, ladies and gents, chill'uns of all ages! Since the devastating loss of my Crackpack (along with the loss of my desire to play it again), I've decided to play a far lesser-known modpack called Unstoppable for 1.7.10.

Day 1 - Setting Up Shop
Day 2 - Exploring My World

Day 3 - Automation & Altar-ing
Day 4 - Flying (kinda) and Moving
Day 5 - Starting a Magical Journey
Day 6 - Starting to Look Like Home
Day 7 - MOAR POWAH!
Day 8 - Exploring What's Around

Day 13 - A Whole New World

Just like I started to do last time, I'll be using this post as a table of contents, and I'll be ploading new pix of my world every few days to show everyone what's happening with it, along with my impressions of the modpack itself. In talking with the pack's founder, @Boqzo1, it sounds pretty fun and has some mods that I've never used before (like Deep Resonance and Electro-Magic Tools), and others that I've only scratched the surface of (like Mekanism).

I ask that you be horrible to me with all of your comments, and I promise to provide the worst experience possible to all involved. (See, if I set expectations like that, anything I do will be an improvement! o_O) Now, I'll be back in a few hours with screenshots.

Last edited:

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Hear ye, hear ye! Boys and girls, ladies and gents, chill'uns of all ages! Since the devastating loss of my Crackpack (along with the loss of my desire to play it again), I've decided to play a far lesser-known modpack called Unstoppable for 1.7.10.

Just like I started to do last time, I'll be using this post as a table of contents, and I'll be uploading new pix of my world every few days to show everyone what's happening with it, along with my impressions of the modpack itself. In talking with the pack's founder, @Boqzo1, it sounds pretty fun and has some mods that I've never used before (like Deep Resonance and Electro-Magic Tools), and others that I've only scratched the surface of (like Mekanism).

I ask that you be horrible to me with all of your comments, and I promise to provide the worst experience possible to all involved. (See, if I set expectations like that, anything I do will be an improvement! o_O) Now, I'll be back in a few hours with screenshots.
I had no idea just how much there was to Mekanism until I watched someone do a Regrowth series - it really is actually quite an in-depth, content filled mod and I'd be really interested to see you delve into all its wonders! :)

JaRyCu

Sep 29, 2015
South Georgia, USA
Day 1 - Finding Safety

Thanks be to the heavens that I landed safely in a peaceful region. I was on a routine exploration and charting mission to this solar system when I came around the moon of this planet, Zaphod-6, and directly into a small asteroid belt. One of the asteroids knocked a whole in my aft nacelle and I was forced to land here. Luckily I was over a mountainous region, not a desert or ice cap. It looks like I can setup shelter and see what this world has to offer until I'm rescued.

1uDWRut.png

SH9x54c.png

2rUusja.png

Stuck between a forest and a mountain, I decided it would be easier to carve out a small hole in the mountain and it would probably be safer as well. From my previous experiences charting other worlds in this system, I knew there were very deadly creatures and I didn't want to chance coming across anything in a dirt hut. The stone of the mountain should do very well in protecting me.

Over the next few hours, I managed to setup a workshop, and I found a small flock of sheep and sheared a few so that I could have a comfortable bed. As I did, I noticed that the plant life here seemed to have an ethereal glow to them, some even sending off "sparkles" into the air. I wonder if there are magics to be found in this world?

I don't know where to start with magic, but, being an engineer, I definitely know a little about tech, so I decided to see if I could find some metals and build myself a few things. Apparently I've gotten very lucky in this world, or maybe my mountain is just blessed, as I found enough gold and precious jewels to make myself rich back on Homeworld.

g594tE9.png

NUcK3Ny.png

I was excited, so I went back into my mines and dug some more, and I even setup a smeltery with materials I found in the river outside of my mountain. I've made myself a malleable, form-fitting armor suit made of diamonds, diamond-coated all of my tools to make them last longer, and now it's time for sleep. Before I lay down, here are the initial stages of my base:

mMGuwcb.png

Gmehaut.png

iCuEUB1.png

Vr2Wt11.png

Last edited:

Plasmasnake

Jul 29, 2019
You lied. You promised that you would give us the worst possible experience. I can't believe this... now I will be forced to not make fun of you. You don't keep your end of the bargain, I won't keep mine.

Ordinarily, I was going to keep this type of humor to myself, but then I saw you had almost 3 stacks of diamonds. Bro, that is more diamonds than I get in like a week of playing. I know when I have been defeated. Well played. :p

Boqzo1

Jul 29, 2019
Haha the ore generation is turned up quite a bit in the pack. I like to make sure you can just play with the mods without resource management being TOO much of an issue :p

JaRyCu

Sep 29, 2015
South Georgia, USA
You lied. You promised that you would give us the worst possible experience. I can't believe this... now I will be forced to not make fun of you. You don't keep your end of the bargain, I won't keep mine.

Listen up you dirty little...oh wait, this is a family friendly thread. I thank you for your attempt at belittling me, but I must ask that you try again as your effort only made me laugh. :rolleyes: BAHAHAHAHAHA!

Ordinarily, I was going to keep this type of humor to myself, but then I saw you had almost 3 stacks of diamonds. Bro, that is more diamonds than I get in like a week of playing. I know when I have been defeated. Well played. :p

Those screenshots were before I went back into the mines. I have over 3 stacks of diamonds -- I'm wearing a full diamond armor suit, which is 27 more diamonds. You are not only defeated, but completely vanquished and I'm only 1 day into my Bloggiplay. (I just invented that word. Don't steal it before I can trademark it.)

Inventory Management however...

I haven't even bothered with inventory management yet @KingTriaxx. A mixture of storage drawers and Jabba barrels up and running within the next 2-3 posts unless I see something else in this pack that I like better. I haven't looked to see if ProjectRed or Logistics Pipes are in it...if they are, I'll go down those rabbit holes instead of AE2 because, well, everyone does AE2 and I want to be different. :cool:

Reactions: Plasmasnake

Boqzo1

Jul 29, 2019
Listen up you dirty little...oh wait, this is a family friendly thread. I thank you for your attempt at belittling me, but I must ask that you try again as your effort only made me laugh. :rolleyes: BAHAHAHAHAHA!

Those screenshots were before I went back into the mines. I have over 3 stacks of diamonds -- I'm wearing a full diamond armor suit, which is 27 more diamonds. You are not only defeated, but completely vanquished and I'm only 1 day into my Bloggiplay. (I just invented that word. Don't steal it before I can trademark it.)

I haven't even bothered with inventory management yet @KingTriaxx. A mixture of storage drawers and Jabba barrels up and running within the next 2-3 posts unless I see something else in this pack that I like better. I haven't looked to see if ProjectRed or Logistics Pipes are in it...if they are, I'll go down those rabbit holes instead of AE2 because, well, everyone does AE2 and I want to be different. :cool:
Logistics pipes is indeed in the pack. After being forced to use it in FTB Infinity skyblock, it grew to be one of my favorite mods. It's like a big puzzle!

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
I adore Logistic's Pipes, but I'm mildly annoyed by the way it works with Storage Drawers. It tends to pick new empty spots even if it's already got a spot that's filled with the thing going in. I understand part of it is the distance thing since I have multiple drawer controllers, but even within the same Drawer block it does it.

So much nicer when you've got AE for it's storage. Even if I don't use AE for anything else, having that as the storage medium makes life infinitely easier.

JaRyCu

Sep 29, 2015
South Georgia, USA
Day 2 - Exploring My New World

Today I decided that my home, while not "home sweet home" yet, was safe enough and built up enough, that I could leave and explore my world a little. I needed to see if there was some sort of primitive society that I could barter for goods with and what types of resources the land held.

I started by climbing over the mountain that I lived under. My portable wrist map showed a small gathering of something just the other side of the top of my mountain, so I carefully investigated.

sPABNvc.png

There appear to be crimson-robed cultists worshipping a totem of sorts. I tried to approach them and they immediately attacked with no warning. I tried to defend myself with my sword, but it couldn't penetrate their armor and I was forced to flee before they injured me. I'll have to find a ranged weapon and come back - I don't want them finding my base and killing me in my sleep. At least I know there are other people on this planet. Hopefully some of them will be nice, or at least neutral.

As I finally cleared the foothills of my mountain, I came across something we would describe as prehistoric back on my home world: Flowers the size of trees! There seemed to be only 2 varieties (red and yellow ones), but they were amazing to look at.

c1aAKex.png

I broke the flowers off of one, but it only left an oily pigment in my hand. They also didn't smell edible, so I think I'll just admire them until I can find a use for them later. There are also tons of oak shrubs and those magical, glittering flowers in this area. I'm going to have to figure out what they're about at some point.

I did find some wildlife as I wandered, too. There were this world's versions of cows, pigs, and chickens, of course, but I found ducks as well! In all of my travels, I've never found ducks outside of home. They are just above endangered status there, but if you were lucky and rich enough, you would be able to enjoy one for a meal one time per year. Here, I found an entire flock so I opted to kill one and take it home for a gourmet meal tonight.

8ams6r9.png

At the very end of my wandering, I did find a village. They seemed to be very docile and not to have much of a verbal language. They are also completely obsessed with emeralds. This village had two large greenhouses, and I found a few crops that I stole to grow back at home. I'll have to see how to get the emeralds to setup trading with these people. Maybe they can even help me defeat the cultists?

Back on the home front, I've setup a series of machines that are able to double the number of ingots I can get from ores without the need for me to bring in lava.

4OAXN8z.png

The machines with the chests on top of pretty neat. The first one can enrich my coal with more carbon or my redstone dust and make them worth more somehow, just through the use of energy. Once I've enriched them, I can place them in the two machines on the left and then enrich iron bars into better materials. Behind the machines, I have heat generators that I can feed any flammable item (wood, coal, etc) and they produce RF. I quickly saw that I would need a better means of producing RF, though, as they ate over 600 pieces of coal and still weren't able to finish processing my ores. As much as I'm enjoying the mining here, I can't constantly be hunting for coal so I decided I needed something new. I quickly built a solar panel, then wired it to the top of my mountain. I also built a small battery to store the RF since the solar could only run at night. I forgot to photograph the panel, but you can see the setup here:

P9TRL89.png

Special Bonus!

Now that I'm beginning to travel down the road to technology in this world, I stumbled across something that could change life as I know it. I found a glimmering pond a few hundred yards from my side door, so I decided it would be a good place for some reading and a picnic. For (odd) reasons all my own, I like to put books in picture frames while I read them. So today, as I was eating and reading my framed book, something amazing happened!

XRr4pZA.png

X4P1rxw.png

The liquid pond literally starting spewing magic into my book. Once the book was filled to capacity, a pink explosion occurred and my Buffy the Vampire Slayer Fan Fiction Anthology was changed into a magic compendium. What kinds of things can I do with this new book? What kinds of power can I wield? What the hell happened in the story where Dawn, Buffy, and Faith all had a sleepover and were starting the topless pillow fight? It was illustrated dammit!!

RealKC

Popular Member
Dec 6, 2015
King of the Hill
LOL.

Now let's explain you how those machines work, in them they have a Philosopher's Stone in them. Whenever you enrich a piece of coal, redstone, diamond or whatever, you KILL a poor soul. You're a freakin' monster.

JaRyCu

Sep 29, 2015
South Georgia, USA
Now let's explain you how those machines work, in them they have a Philosopher's Stone in them. Whenever you enrich a piece of coal, redstone, diamond or whatever, you KILL a poor soul. You're a freakin' monster.

Really?? I'm going to make more of the machines now and enrich a lot more stuff! I wonder if I can funnel baby villagers and chickens into them?

Reactions: Mindfeak926

JaRyCu

Sep 29, 2015
South Georgia, USA
It comes from my hatred of everything. Killing baby villagers seems to be the most cold-hearted thing I could do. You just assume that I'm a good guy when I play through a mod - I could be an evil demon-god bent on the destruction on everything just so I can fill up vials with the souls of the formerly-living. You'll never know unless I stick to the entire modpack, don't accidentally erase it, and reveal my plans. BAHAHAHAHAHA :eek: