Jampacked Entry Details

Captainnana

Jul 29, 2019
For those of you entering JamPacked we now have details on how you need to enter your modpacks and maps. This post should contain all the details you need to complete your entry.

First you will need to download the example modpack that can be found as an attachment to this post. The two images included in the root of the zip are displayed when the pack is loaded into the FTB Launcher.

The info.txt file should also be completed before submitting your modpack, this mostly contains details for how the modpack should be displayed on the launcher but also the permissions for the modpack. This spreadsheet can be used to help you with permissions however you should have already contacted mod authors for mods that require you to contact the mod author to use the mod in a modpack.

Finally you will need to include your modpack and map inside the minecraft directory, set it up just as you would a standard minecraft install or multimc instance, more details on how this should be setup can be found here

If your modpack can’t be launched like a conventional modpack (for example it requires a server) then just include all the required files in the zip as you would with a standard third party pack along with instructions on how they should be used. If we have any issues with your submission we will contact you via a private message on the forums.

Once you have completed the zip setup you will need to submit your entry to the competition, for this you will need a forum account so sign up now if you don’t have one already. You can then follow one of the links below to submit your entry:

Individual
Team

The deadline for entries has also been extended due to the delay in opening the contest, the deadline is now the 10th August 2014, it will not be possible to submit packs after this date.

Please note you do not need to submit your pack as a third party modpack you only need to upload it to the entry pages quoted above.

Terms and conditions of the contest can be found here

Attachments

• examplePack.zip
    3.9 KB · Views: 362

Lumaceon

Popular Member
Jul 23, 2014
Not Kansas
Thanks for getting this up for us! I have a few questions about the terms and conditions though:

"15. The winner agrees to the use of his/her name and image in any publicity material. ..."
Does this refer to username and avatar, or will it require birth-name and photo? Also, what kind of publicity material would this refer to?

Secondly, what ever happened to conditions 16 and 17?

Reactions: Nerixel

CaptPanda

Nov 20, 2012
Britland
I'm a little curious about 9., Since I personally think that notice should be given, but I can roll with the rule as it currently is, especially since we have no confirmation of the prize/estimated value of said prize.

This, and Rule 15 is something I want to hear further detail about.

Lumaceon

Popular Member
Jul 23, 2014
Not Kansas
I'm a little curious about 9., Since I personally think that notice should be given, but I can roll with the rule as it currently is, especially since we have no confirmation of the prize/estimated value of said prize.
Well there was the one picture of the individual prize here: https://twitter.com/FTB_Team/status/489064602945466368

Pretty sure the graphics card alone is something like $500-600, so it's nothing to sneeze at.

Nova Storm

Jul 29, 2019
I can't submit my pack, It won't let upload my mod and map pack, it just says the file is too big

Captainnana

Jul 29, 2019
I can't submit my pack, It won't let upload my mod and map pack, it just says the file is too big
My bad, I've increased the allowed size but if it still doesn't work feel free to provide a link to it hosted somewhere else in the details section

Nova Storm

Jul 29, 2019
Still won't let me upload my pack, and won't let me submit without an attachment, when I put a link to it in my dropbox

Captainnana

Jul 29, 2019
Still won't let me upload my pack, and won't let me submit without an attachment, when I put a link to it in my dropbox
I've defiantly fixed the issue now, you should now see a field for a link to your modpack and the requirement for attachments is gone. Thanks for your patience :)

Captainnana

Jul 29, 2019
With regard to the spreadsheet: Can you clarify columns C and D?

And F?
You will be creating the equivalent of a third party unlisted modpack so you only need to be looking at C and D. The colour of these columns denotes the type of permission and the content links you to the appropriate pages

Captainnana

Jul 29, 2019
Private? Isn't this for anyone to download?
Formally known as private packs they are actually now called third party unlisted packs. Basically you have to know the private pack code in order to access a modpack on the launcher but this code can be given to anyone so in effect they are actually just unlisted

Lumaceon

Popular Member
Jul 23, 2014
Not Kansas
Formally known as private packs they are actually now called third party unlisted packs. Basically you have to know the private pack code in order to access a modpack on the launcher but this code can be given to anyone so in effect they are actually just unlisted
So how would currently listed packs be submitted? Basically submit it again through this system?

Captainnana

Jul 29, 2019
So how would currently listed packs be submitted? Basically submit it again through this system?
Yeah pretty much, the format is basically the exact same. If you could just specify in the details section that your pack is already listed then that would be helpful for us :)

Reactions: Lumaceon