Jampacked Entry Details

Talonos

Jul 29, 2019
Any word on how judging is going? The terms said that we'd be notified no less than 28 days after submission. Does it look like you'll take the full 28 days, or are you already narrowing things down?

Also, I heard on the other thread that some judges might choose to stream their experience while judging. Where can I find more details about that? It seems as though some people know who is doing the judging, and knows what streams to monitor. Is that the case, or is everybody as "in the dark" as I am?

Also @Cadok: The confusion mostly came from This post, in which Captainanna said the duedate was EST. Before that, I used this post as a good "best guess", but when I was told that I had an extra four hours, I certainly wasn't going to say no!

Nerixel

Jul 29, 2019
The terms said that we'd be notified no less than 28 days after submission.
"No less than" also means any possible amount of days after the 28 days. It's not a question of the full 28 days or less, it's a question of 28 days or more.

Of course, that assumes the terms did say "no less than". I can't see them anymore, so I can't check.

Talonos

Jul 29, 2019
Oops. You're right. I meant what I implied, not what I said.

11. The winner will be notified by email within 28 days of the closing date. If the winner cannot be contacted or do not claim the prize within 14 days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.

Terms found here.

Talonos

Jul 29, 2019
So, are things looking good for results to be posted on the 7th, or are we looking at a 10 day extension for the judges as well? There's been very little info released about the judging process and the state of the judging...

Reactions: buggirlexpres

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com
So, are things looking good for results to be posted on the 7th, or are we looking at a 10 day extension for the judges as well? There's been very little info released about the judging process and the state of the judging...
I do wish we could have more info about it.

Talonos

Jul 29, 2019
Speaking of which, have entrants been notified yet? Because I haven't been notified, and I'm wondering if that implies I haven't won. Will the update you mentioned you would post be concurrent with the E-mails, or do you notify people so they know they won prior to making it public?

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
Speaking of which, have entrants been notified yet? Because I haven't been notified, and I'm wondering if that implies I haven't won. Will the update you mentioned you would post be concurrent with the E-mails, or do you notify people so they know they won prior to making it public?

If you have been reading the thread continuously as I have (even though I don't "have a dog in the show") you would see that your question was answered 2 posts above yours. :D

Talonos

Jul 29, 2019
I read that post. That post was in response to my post the day before.

I know they will, at some point, post an update. But will they notify the winning authors before posting the update, or will the winners be given prior notice?

The reason that I ask is that the terms of the contest state that the winners will be contacted within 28 days of the contest ending. It does not say when winners will be announced to the general public. The fact that I have not received an E-mail, therefore, implies that my team may have not placed, and I should quit working on my 1.6.4 modpack and start work on my 1.7.10 modpack. It could also imply that the judges are late, which is cool, but would be nice to know.

For example, what if the winners have been E-mailed, but one has not responded? Term 11 allows 14 days for a winner to RSVP before the organizers pick a replacement winner. What if they're waiting to make the official announcement until all winners RSVP?

Reactions: parcel31u

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
I read that post. That post was in response to my post the day before.

I know they will, at some point, post an update. But will they notify the winning authors before posting the update, or will the winners be given prior notice?

The reason that I ask is that the terms of the contest state that the winners will be contacted within 28 days of the contest ending. It does not say when winners will be announced to the general public. The fact that I have not received an E-mail, therefore, implies that my team may have not placed, and I should quit working on my 1.6.4 modpack and start work on my 1.7.10 modpack. It could also imply that the judges are late, which is cool, but would be nice to know.

For example, what if the winners have been E-mailed, but one has not responded? Term 11 allows 14 days for a winner to RSVP before the organizers pick a replacement winner. What if they're waiting to make the official announcement until all winners RSVP?

If "the judges are finalizing their results" before posting an update that pretty much indicates to me that a decision is still pending. Captainnana as a web developer probably has a procedural-oriented mind, and I cannot see an important detail such as when contestant would be notified being left out of his message if indeed such e-mails were to be sent before the post was updated.

Talonos

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, but that was Friday, two days before the "28 day" mark mentioned in the terms. The reason I re-asked was because the 28 day mark has come and gone, and I'm wondering what it means that we have no notification yet.

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
Yes, but that was Friday, two days before the "28 day" mark mentioned in the terms. The reason I re-asked was because the 28 day mark has come and gone, and I'm wondering what it means that we have no notification yet.

Probably means that they are still deciding.

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
Probably means that they are still deciding.

My point exactly. Why would they decide and then not tell anyone? Are they scrambling around looking for cheap boxes of pens to replace the good prizes like that fake Minecraft show back east did? I think not.

Reactions: Padfoote

Talonos

Jul 29, 2019
My point exactly. Why would they decide and then not tell anyone?
Seems pretty simple to me. It said that authors have 14 days to accept that they won, or a replacement winner would be picked. It'd be poor form to say "Person X won! Everybody download his pack once it goes public, because it rocks!" then to wait two weeks, then say "Never mind. Person X and his pack seem to have disappeared. Person Y actually won. Person Z, who had third place, now has second. And person Q, who we never mentioned, got third." For example, they certainly can't send out prizes unless people have RSVPed. It's possible they're delaying the announcement for the same reason.

And I'm certainly not accusing the organizers of scrambling around for boxes of pens. I don't even mind if they haven't finished the judging yet. (They gave us a 10 day extension, which was quite kind, and I see no reason not to return the favor.) I just took "Judges are finalizing their results" in response to "how are things going? Does it look like you'll meet the deadline?" to mean "Everything is smoothly going according to plan." I'm trying to invent ways things can be "smoothly going according to plan" that involve us not having an official announcement yet.

But until we get a word from the organizers, none of our speculations even matter. If you think my viewpoint makes no sense, so be it. I see no reason to keep suggesting it, lest it get into a battle of pride over whose viewpoint makes the most sense. But if the organizers are reading this, please understand I'm certainly not accusing you of scrambling for cheap pens!