[JamPacked 2] Absolom Lives

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Tommyboy212

Jul 29, 2019
Well, the v1.0.5 may be out soon probably on saturday or sunday.Not gonna be too much added but we will add some surprising things that you guys/gals will find out when you guys/gals play it.

Tommyboy212

Jul 29, 2019
By any chance is it deadly?
Well..... dont want to give it out but I will add some end game stuff like some draconic evolution quests.I've added something but it's nothing to deadly cause you have to visit it at like mid game.ItsPando is adding something so dont worry cause it's not far along till you see what things we've done.

(P.S I may even add flux crystals so I might include it end game as well)

terrianneellen

Jul 29, 2019
Hey I'm not sure if this is a bug or not but if I but I built myself a small 5x1 mobfarm for my early game and it just filled up repeatedly with an insane amount of bats. Can that be fixed? ^^,

Tommyboy212

Jul 29, 2019
Hey I'm not sure if this is a bug or not but if I but I built myself a small 5x1 mobfarm for my early game and it just filled up repeatedly with an insane amount of bats. Can that be fixed? ^^,
uhh yeah still gotta tweak what mobs can spawn and such gotta deal with it for now, sorry :( but I will fix it.

ItsPando

Jul 29, 2019
Well, the v1.0.5 may be out soon probably on saturday or sunday.Not gonna be too much added but we will add some surprising things that you guys/gals will find out when you guys/gals play it.
Maybe not Saturday. Maybe Sunday, but no promises.

By any chance is it deadly?
Maybe

Oh cool sounds very interesting~
Both me and Tommy seem to think so

No worries I'll wait :) Enjoying the pack alot, thanks <3
Glad to see you're enjoying it! Any problems, Just PM me or Tommy. Also, sorry for my lack of activity on this thread, real life's taken over for a bit, but now I can work on the pack :D

Tommyboy212

Jul 29, 2019
The v1.0.5 might be out by tomorrow or later tonight depending on ItsPandos timezome it's probably gonna be out in 8 or 9 hours dont really know.It's up to ItsPando, but there's gonna be some structures added,some quests,some reward bags, and stuff you'll find out so make sure to watch out.

Awerick11

Jul 29, 2019
The slimes are OP. It's so easy to level up your tinkers tools with them!

Also, can you make it so that you can level up the tools more?

Tommyboy212

Jul 29, 2019
The slimes are OP. It's so easy to level up your tinkers tools with them!

Also, can you make it so that you can level up the tools more?
I will be fixing the slime spawning in v1.0.6 and the bat spawning, and maybe I will enable it to level up higher. :D

ItsPando

Jul 29, 2019
Slight downside. Lots of IRL Stuff today so no update for now. You'll have to make do with 1.0.4, and I promise work WILL be done and it should hopefully be finished by tomorrow. Just hang on tight!

ItsPando

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks to TwiiCe for the new logo!
Also, 1.0.5 will stay as 1.0.5, and there won't be much in it. Sorry! Lots of IRL stuff.

420Kebab1337

Jul 29, 2019
While this modpack is fun for the first 40 mins to 1 hour or so, the fun dies off fast. Here are the flaws that cause this:

• This modpack brings grinding to a whole new level. The fact that I had 3 broken aluminum ore and 1 broken iron ore after half a stack of gravel should prove that. I got lucky and found the platinum shovel and managed to level it up to full haste by simply using it, which in turn made breaking dirt creative mode-ish. But what if you don't find the cool secrets? You'll be spending an hour doing nothing but getting dirt. I think we can all agree that grinding is extremely tideous. You really get tired of sieving very fast.
  • Hunger is no problem what so ever. How can this be, you might ask? Walk a hundred blocks to any direction and you'll hit a million Pams Harvestcraft gardens. The fact that this map was made purely with just a superflat world ruins the fun, as this causes a hundred slimes to spawn at once, a long with tall grass and tons of harvestcraft gardens.
  • Add more exploration. I mean, what is the point of that sole ruin that you explore in a quest? It's extremely small, and you literally do nothing with it at all (as far as I can tell).
  • Tons of grammar errors in the quest book. Really, theres a lot. If I recall correctly, there are spaces missing in almost every quest text, along with just general broken grammar. I know this doesn't really matter, and it's understandable if english is not your first laungage. But it does ruin the immersion.

That's not to say this modpack is terrible. Its messy, but still unique and really fun (for a while).

Last edited:

ItsPando

Jul 29, 2019
While this modpack is fun for the first 40 mins to 1 hour or so, the fun dies off fast. Here are the flaws that cause this:

• This modpack brings grinding to a whole new level. The fact that I had 3 broken aluminum ore and 1 broken iron ore after half a stack of gravel should prove that. I got lucky and found the platinum shovel and managed to level it up to full haste by simply using it, which in turn made breaking dirt creative mode-ish. But what if you don't find the cool secrets? You'll be spending an hour doing nothing but getting dirt. I think we can all agree that grinding is extremely tideous. You really get tired of sieving very fast.
  • Hunger is no problem what so ever. How can this be, you might ask? Walk a hundred blocks to any direction and you'll hit a million Pams Harvestcraft gardens. The fact that this map was made purely with just a superflat world ruins the fun, as this causes a hundred slimes to spawn at once, a long with tall grass and tons of harvestcraft gardens.
  • Add more exploration. I mean, what is the point of that sole ruin that you explore in a quest? It's extremely small, and you literally do nothing with it at all (as far as I can tell).
  • Tons of grammar errors in the quest book. Really, theres a lot. If I recall correctly, there are spaces missing in almost every quest text, along with just general broken grammar. I know this doesn't really matter, and it's understandable if english is not your first laungage. But it does ruin the immersion.

That's not to say this modpack is terrible. Its messy, but still unique and really fun (for a while).
Let me try and work through them -
  • I believe that the default settings are on, but I could simply be mistaken. Wait, what platinum shovel?
  • I blame the FTB Team. Well, more precisely the team on FTB Terra.
  • I had hoped not to ruin the surprise, but new features are coming out that include more ruins. Thanks for making me reveal that.
  • English is my first language, but the majority of the quests were done by Tommyboy, with only the first chapter being my creation. Sorry if any immersion is ruined, however, and any future maps we make will not be like that.
Glad to see you think of it as unique and really fun. Can you try and guess how the ending will play out? Thats my challenge to everybody. PM me your answers please :D

Tommyboy212

Jul 29, 2019

Yeah The Sieving and everything I fixed a while ago but I havent updated it yet.If you look through this thread you can find the link to the download and follow the instructions.I will also try to fix the plant problem,and the dirt sieveing thing so it doesn't seem too grindy.I will add all of that in v1.0.6, sorry for it not being fun.It's still in early alpha so keep in openmind but we will work on all the problems and Squish those nasty bugs.

420Kebab1337

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah The Sieving and everything I fixed a while ago but I havent updated it yet.If you look through this thread you can find the link to the download and follow the instructions.I will also try to fix the plant problem,and the dirt sieveing thing so it doesn't seem too grindy.I will add all of that in v1.0.6, sorry for it not being fun.It's still in early alpha so keep in openmind but we will work on all the problems and Squish those nasty bugs.

I can fix the map problem for you if you'd so like. Will literally take me 5 minutes, probably less. Would gladly do it :)

• I believe that the default settings are on, but I could simply be mistaken. Wait, what platinum shovel?
Yeah, the defualt settings are defenently not on. The chance for getting iron in regular Ex Nihilo is around 20% or so I think, here its 2%. Or 3%. Something like that. Things like diamonds and emeralds literally have a 0% chance.
In one of the secret chests (cant remember which one), there is a full platinum shovel.

• I blame the FTB Team. Well, more precisely the team on FTB Terra.
In all honesty, I don't really see the point of using FTB Terra's map. Making such a simple map like the one for Absolom Lives would take no time, but it does use third party programs (which are easy to learn, and no, no MCEdit). As mentioned above, I can remake your map in no time if you'd so like! I find it alot of fun and I'd gladly help.

• I had hoped not to ruin the surprise, but new features are coming out that include more ruins. Thanks for making me reveal that.
I think a lot of us were already guessing (at least me) that more ruins were coming at some point. And, well, it isn't really much of a suprise. But still, sorry to ruin it, was not my intention at all. Unforseen consequences. By the way, I look forward to the update! Keep up the good work :)

• English is my first language, but the majority of the quests were done by Tommyboy, with only the first chapter being my creation. Sorry if any immersion is ruined, however, and any future maps we make will not be like that.
No worries, it's just a minor complaint.

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
The harvestcraft gardens isn't a result of terra's map. No matter what you do with the superflat settings, pams harvestcraft gardens and trees will spawn. Nothing you can do to stop that. You can however go into the harvestcraft configs and disable all of the gardens and trees from generating.

Tommyboy212

Jul 29, 2019
The harvestcraft gardens isn't a result of terra's map. No matter what you do with the superflat settings, pams harvestcraft gardens and trees will spawn. Nothing you can do to stop that. You can however go into the harvestcraft configs and disable all of the gardens and trees from generating.
I will do that thx for the advice was trying to figure out how to do that

Tommyboy212

Jul 29, 2019
I can fix the map problem for you if you'd so like. Will literally take me 5 minutes, probably less. Would gladly do it :)

Yeah, the defualt settings are defenently not on. The chance for getting iron in regular Ex Nihilo is around 20% or so I think, here its 2%. Or 3%. Something like that. Things like diamonds and emeralds literally have a 0% chance.
In one of the secret chests (cant remember which one), there is a full platinum shovel.

In all honesty, I don't really see the point of using FTB Terra's map. Making such a simple map like the one for Absolom Lives would take no time, but it does use third party programs (which are easy to learn, and no, no MCEdit). As mentioned above, I can remake your map in no time if you'd so like! I find it alot of fun and I'd gladly help.

I think a lot of us were already guessing (at least me) that more ruins were coming at some point. And, well, it isn't really much of a suprise. But still, sorry to ruin it, was not my intention at all. Unforseen consequences. By the way, I look forward to the update! Keep up the good work :)

No worries, it's just a minor complaint.
Yeah for ex nihilo I couldnt find the default settings where iron crushed ore is 20% any chance you could help with that?Also sorry about the quest thing I kinda made some of them on the spot so you may expect some grammar mistakes along the way but I will work on it.Also,sorry about how slow things are going as of now,ItsPando has a lot of irl things to do so he gave me the v1.0.5 update and I will probably release that today if I have the time.Strap on your seat belt cause v1.0.5 will be awesome well kinda well... not to superb but i will FIX Bugs and we've added ruins as ItsPando said.Also, report all the bugs cause I love fixing them.

(P.S Btw I will kinda remove the carpenter safes and change it around a little and not let you go ahead a lot just by finding more liek simple starter things)