[JamPacked 2] Absolom Lives

ItsPando

Jul 29, 2019
Absolom Lives is no longer being updated - After Absolom is its sequel and will have most of the attention thrown upon it by the Team

iDTQkWv.jpg

Thanks to TwiiCe for the new logo!

You shiver as you begin to wake up. The ground feels soft beneath you. Your hand brushes against the ground, and you realise what you lay in is dirt. You scramble to your feet and look around. You can see a small house and a little lake, and then nothing but dirt everywhere. You scream, not wanting to be trapped in this nightmare. You pinch yourself. You fall onto the floor crying, trying to do anything to get you out of this nightmare. You get no such luck. You stand up, almost falling over again, and stumble to the house - maybe there you can get answers. And you do. In the form of a book, and you pray you will find your answers.

Welcome to Absolom Lives. This is my submission to the Jampacked competition. I honestly don't mind if I win or not. Just doing this because it gives me a reason. Ironically enough, I was inspired by the FTB Terra, and as such have used the map (sorry!) but altered it ever so slightly. I will be giving more info as the game progresses, but I will be using Minetweaker to give you items from the ground. Enjoy getting muddy!
I have permission to use the FTB Terra base map!
That should be fine, so long as it's only the base map

Version 1.0.0
Initial Release!
- Added a house
- A chapter of the story
- A mystery note.....

Version 1.0.1
- Added changes to house
- Added Custom Main Menu
- Added Resource Loader
- More quests!
- More Reward Bags, some good, some bad....
-Updated most mods
-Changed name on launcher from [Jampacked 2] Absolom Lives to Absolom Lives

Version 1.0.2
- Bug fixes!
- Added Fastcraft

Version 1.0.3
We don't speak about it......

Version 1.0.4
Initial Curse Voice Release.......
or not
- Added more quests and mods
- Changed a bunch of recipe's
- New starting house!

I have been approved! The pack code is "absolom" without the quotes.

Note: I am aware this thread is a bit messy. As soon as Jampacked is over, I intend to create a new thread and use that thread, which will hopefully be a bit cleaner, to host all the info. For now, I will leave this as being messy.

Me and Tommyboy212 are working together as Team Absolom! He lost interest in developing his own pack, and decided he'd help me!

Last edited:

Bennyboo19

Jul 29, 2019
Not sure about using their map. It seems like it could be plagiarism. In a sense. But there's (most likely) no copyright/trademark on FTB maps. An FTB team member is the best person to ask.

Love,
Lucy

ItsPando

Jul 29, 2019
I think the ftb might not count your map invalid becuase your using their map

Not sure about using their map. It seems like it could be plagiarism. In a sense. But there's (most likely) no copyright/trademark on FTB maps. An FTB team member is the best person to ask.

Love,
Lucy

I have contacted Gideon, but as I have said it will be an altered version - the house and water locations will change and look different. So all I will be using is the base map, with just the dirt.

Tommyboy212

Jul 29, 2019
I have contacted Gideon, but as I have said it will be an altered version - the house and water locations will change and look different. So all I will be using is the base map, with just the dirt.
Good Luck on this project of yours and I hope you don't get into any trouble for "copying" their map.Hope to beta test it :)

ItsPando

Jul 29, 2019
This is kinda like Ftb Terra if it wasn't a april's fool joke right?
Yus :D That was my intention. Only this is a dark version, a side of FTB that's never been explored. Each "Chapter" ends with a note from somewhere mysterious. You are busy trying to work out why you are in this muddy world, and all the while fending off slimes....

jua2ja

Jul 29, 2019
Try to be different from the regular ex nihilo start, a lot of modpacks has it and because of dirt everywhere, it is also too easy in your modpack. If you want to be evil I recommend you to make mod killing a big part of the start. Also, please add inventory tweak and more rewards for reward bags (sorry, but two rewards are not enough.) Also, slimes don't spawn in peaceful mode, I am sure many people will be confused about that, because I needed a few minutes to know why I can't find a slime in the would world or any mob even

Last edited:
Reactions: egor66

ItsPando

Jul 29, 2019
Try to be different from the regular ex nihilo start, a lot of modpacks has it and because of dirt everywhere, it is also too easy in your modpack. If you want to be evil I recommend you to make mod killing a big part of the start. Also, please add inventory tweak and more rewards for reward bags (sorry, but two rewards are not enough.) Also, slimes don't spawn in peaceful mode, I am sure many people will be confused about that, because I needed a few minutes to know why I can't find a slime in the would world or any mob even
The peaceful mode thing is a bug - will be fixed in 1.0.1. Inventory Tweaks is something I meant to add but didn't. Again, will be fixed in 1.0.1. The reward bag thing is a problem, because I am nowhere near creative enough to be able to come up with the reward bag ideas. With regards to Ex Nihilo, maybe I will make it more difficult in 2.0.0, but for 1.0.0 onwards the general Ex Nihilo start is fine. If you have any suggestions for how I could make it bad, I would be glad to hear them. Also, I do understand the problem with dirt being everywhere - but again I have no idea what to do in regards to stopping people from abusing that. If there is anything else you think is a problem - tell me and I can work with it.

ItsPando

Jul 29, 2019
The peaceful mode thing is a bug - will be fixed in 1.0.1. Inventory Tweaks is something I meant to add but didn't. Again, will be fixed in 1.0.1. The reward bag thing is a problem, because I am nowhere near creative enough to be able to come up with the reward bag ideas. With regards to Ex Nihilo, maybe I will make it more difficult in 2.0.0, but for 1.0.0 onwards the general Ex Nihilo start is fine. If you have any suggestions for how I could make it bad, I would be glad to hear them. Also, I do understand the problem with dirt being everywhere - but again I have no idea what to do in regards to stopping people from abusing that. If there is anything else you think is a problem - tell me and I can work with it.

egor66

Jul 29, 2019

The other way to go, that some packs have used very well is omit the bags completely & give an item to help with the next quest in the chain, you could also edit it so that something else is needed besides dirt is required for basic items, or edit ex niliho so that it needs dirt from barrel only ie different item ID on the dirt, that's about all I can come up with at the moment.

Btw good work at turning the silly troll about face.

ItsPando

Jul 29, 2019
The other way to go, that some packs have used very well is omit the bags completely & give an item to help with the next quest in the chain, you could also edit it so that something else is needed besides dirt is required for basic items, or edit ex niliho so that it needs dirt from barrel only ie different item ID on the dirt, that's about all I can come up with at the moment.

That..... actually sounds like a good idea! Like I said, it won't be any major changes until 2.0.0, whether Jampacked 2 is still on or not.

ItsPando

Jul 29, 2019

That..... actually sounds like a good idea! Like I said, it won't be any major changes until 2.0.0, whether Jampacked 2 is still on or not.
Well, time to learn how to actually use Minetweaker :/

Tommyboy212

Jul 29, 2019
If no one knew I am kinda working with ItsPando in this pack maybe you could make a team for us ItsPando so it's kinda official XD

Tommyboy212

Jul 29, 2019
v1.0.3 is waiting approval. Ive added many more quests,Lots of recipe changes,More challenging,the questlines are not fully completed so I will still be working on that,the storyline goes more in depth, and me and ItPando are very excited to continously update this pack to make it more enjoyable and challenging. :) :p

Tommyboy212

Jul 29, 2019
V1.0.3 have fun with it and report any bugs you find.
Keep this in mind when playing the pack.NONE of it is fully finished or accomplished as you can tell when you reach the other questlines but the first questline is about 75% done maybe 50% but me and ItsPando will work on it very hard just enjoy the pack and tell us anything we could add or remove and report those pesky bugs. :D

You can contact me at : [email protected]

Last edited: