Issues with nVidia drivers (378.49) preventing Minecraft loading

• Tech Support section is for getting help with FTB related problems. If there's a repeatable issue that can be labeled as a bug, then please use the issue tracker for the pack or the app at GitHub issue trackers - If there's no repository for a pack that means that the pack is old and/or will not be updated. Bugs for older packs will not be fixed, unless they are critical.

Quetzi

Jack of All Trades
Retired Staff
Aug 20, 2012
quetzi.tv
There have been a lot of issues reported recently with nVidias 378.49 drivers. They are working on a fix but in the meantime the best course of action is to not update to that version. Alternatively you can try uninstalling 3D Vision as that has been reported to solve the problem for some users. There are a few things to look out for to identify whether this is the cause of your crash, these will be in your logs.
  • Game ended with bad state (exit code -1073740791)
  • 21.21.13.7849 - This will be on a line in relation to your graphics card and is the version number of the affected drivers.
  • The coremod X does not have an MCVersion annotation - This message isn't something to worry about and appears in logs under normal circumstances, however if your log ends and you have a line like this as the last thing in the log it could be this issue.
If any of the above applies to your crash the suggested fix is to rollback your graphics drivers until nVidia can issue a fix: http://www.nvidia.co.uk/object/driver_rollback.html if you would like to try uninstalling 3D Vision first then you can do as it has been known to help in some cases, as has disabling SLI.

Edit: nVidia have released a new driver hotfix addressing this issue: http://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4378/

Last edited:

Robijnvogel

May 8, 2013
Linking the Reddit post on this topic may be a good idea.

Also rolling back using that guide doesn't work for everyone (for me the option to roll back was greyed out), so some people might need to manually download the previous version of driver and install it manually (like primitives).

Due to issues of my own, that caused me one BSoD, but after that, everything worked smoothly again.

Sent from my torture dungeon in the hills of Mumbai.

Q

Quanyen

Help me :c

Attachments

• help me.png
    help me.png
    257.8 KB · Views: 380

_Zeldaman_

Jul 29, 2019
Rolled back drivers, now Curse wont launch Project Ozone 2 due to "The System file cannot be specified"

Origamiking

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks, I should of read this post first. I was having the same issue, a simple rollback really helped. Thanks guys, ya'll are a life saver. Now I can do my normal streams!

Reactions: Ashzification

Bloody_Wicklow

Jul 29, 2019
Thank you for the post.

I was receiving the "Game ended with bad state (exit code -1073740791)" after I updated to GeForce Game Ready Driver 378.49.

After rolling driver back per the recommendation, I was able to load Skyfactory3 without a problem.

Reactions: Robijnvogel
B

BuulecoomKing

This would explain all the screaming and yelling in my house earlier in the week, now I know for sure that there was a problem with it. Any ideas as to when they're going to have a fix for it?

B

BuulecoomKing

This is awesome news can't wait to give it a try out.

BAMvsGAME

Jul 29, 2019
This should be stickied on Reddit, I wouldn't have known about it had I not googled some more. Uhg, way to ruin Minecraft nvidia lol. Anyone remember the mianite days where nvidia had a kill count?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Robijnvogel

May 8, 2013
This should be stickied on Reddit, I wouldn't have known about it had I not googled some more. Uhg, way to ruin Minecraft nvidia lol. Anyone remember the mianite days where nvidia had a kill count?

Is there any reason to assume that this is entirely NVidia's fault? Maybe Minecraft or Java has a bug in it somewhere that only occurred because NVidia more strictly checked some things after the update.
Or is that out of the question?
I remember a Java Update that broke Forge (concurrent modification), because Forge was treating some of Java's "Iterables" sloppily.

BAMvsGAME

Jul 29, 2019
Is there any reason to assume that this is entirely NVidia's fault? Maybe Minecraft or Java has a bug in it somewhere that only occurred because NVidia more strictly checked some things after the update.
Or is that out of the question?
I remember a Java Update that broke Forge (concurrent modification), because Forge was treating some of Java's "Iterables" sloppily.

Whatever the reason Minecraft crashes on the latest nvidia drivers for me. Rolling them back fixes the crash on startup issue.

Robijnvogel

May 8, 2013
Whatever the reason Minecraft crashes on the latest nvidia drivers for me. Rolling them back fixes the crash on startup issue.

Fyi: There is a hotfix version of the driver as well.

Sent from my torture dungeon in the hills of Mumbai.