Is this thing possible?

efefe48

Jul 29, 2019
So lets say somebody made a map.
And you want the player to have specific armor.(For example you need full iron for a dungeon, or have a red cap to open a door)
Is there anything that can see your armor and send a redstone signal?
Oh and i didnt put this thread in mapmaking because that place is emptier than an air block.

LostBMe

Jul 29, 2019
Well...its like you need a specific uniform to enter a building and i dont want it that people just put it aside in a chest, I want them wear it there.

Maybe after putting it into the chest, they can get it back and then put it on to proceed?

CarbonBasedGhost

Jul 29, 2019
Well...its like you need a specific uniform to enter a building and i dont want it that people just put it aside in a chest, I want them wear it there.
Computercraft should do this. Test if they have the uniform. If so take down the gate (forcefield or TC drawbridges), if not don't take down the gate. This can be achieved by an if statement with 4 and statements. (ex. if (armorslot1 = item1 && armorslot2 == item2 && ...

Reactions: null123

efefe48

Jul 29, 2019
The only way I can think of is command blocks. http://www.minecraftforum.net/forum...0240-test-for-a-certain-item-in-an-armor-slot

I don't think you can use questing mods because I don't think they check armor slots. If they do they won't keep checking, but you can put command blocks on continuous pulses.
Well i could put a player detector so it doesnt constantly work.Hmmm thats almost a solution.

Computercraft should do this. Test if they have the uniform. If so take down the gate (forcefield or TC drawbridges), if not don't take down the gate. This can be achieved by an if statement with 4 and statements. (ex. if (armorslot1 = item1 && armorslot2 == item2 && ...
Oh god Computercraft
No, just...no.

I belive Steve's factory manager will do the trick.
Hmmm i never used SFM and probably never will.
Why? DING DONG THE WIKI'S DEAD.

I Thank all that replied to my stupid little question
The thread can now be closed