Is there still a hope for redpower2?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
Status
Not open for further replies.

ThatOneSlowking

Jul 29, 2019
There are loads of tits in our government I dunno about boobs tho.
image.jpg

Reactions: ApSciLiara

Petrus

Jul 29, 2019
I really don't like PR because every texture that was re-textured looks ugly as hell. The ores, the red alloy ingots, the everything is crafted stupidly and looks bad.

I just like the integrated timer block, so I don't have to build my own clocks. I agree with you about the ores and stuff, but I also don't really care very much, because I mostly don't use them. I don't need rubies for pickaxes because I make mine out of Vyroxeres from Metallurgy 3, very efficiently with Tinker's Construct. So they last longer than the ruby ones ever did.

The other reason why integrated redstone really doesn't matter very much any more, is because everyone has started using things like autarchic gates, or the new filters on the TE item ducts. People don't want to use redstone clocks because of the server lag it causes. I play single player with a quad core i7, and even I notice a framerate jerk when I use a redstone timer on my old cobblestone generator.

I also don't care about XyCraft either. I have OpenBlocks tanks now, and truthfully I didn't like the fact that XyCraft filled my world up with items that I mostly never used. 1.6.4 has probably been the best Minecraft version ever for me, and I thought things could never get better than 1.2.5, either.

Thunderz8olt

Jul 29, 2019
Im so used to not using RP2 anymore that I definitely dont need it to come back. I find it weird that Elo came back and started developing RP2 again and then disappeared again with no word on what was going on. But hey, at least we have Project Red now!

EDIT: I feel stupid for posting on topic now, which looks to be of topic with how far off topic this thread has become haha

Reactions: ApSciLiara

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
I went back and looked at screenshots of some of my RP2 builds. Hardly anything I've done post-RP2 looks as cool to me. RP2 didn't just do a lot of things, it looked pretty cool doing them. :) The models/animation for pneumatic tubes still beats anything else out there, in my opinion. I'm sure it came at a client FPS cost, but still.

Status
Not open for further replies.