Is the ME Wireless Acess Terminal gonna go really far away in the next update?

Airbornehurdle

Jul 29, 2019
I changed the config to allow access within 100 blocks, which is large enough for most bases. I've had it up to 1000 blocks with no consequences for performance. Open up that config file and tinker with it until you find the settings you like!
I just opened the config file and i dont know which one do i change to how many blocks far.

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
You could do what Direwolf20 did and set up a system to pull your drives through an Item Tesseract to another network. Might mess up your auto processing systems, unless you use separate storage e.g. barrels & storage buses to keep a stock of the essentials.

Chaos_Therum

Jul 29, 2019
You can also use logistics pipes they have a remote orderer and a pipe that you can use with it how I did it was I connected the request pipe to a ender chest and kept a ender pouch on my so if i needed something I could just order it then it would show up in my pouch

StudNicholas

Jul 29, 2019
I went into the config folder,right clicked on Applied Energisticts (that isn't really what the document was called) clicked on "open with" and "text edit" wasn't there. What do I do? (I'm on a mac)

I also tried the app file viewer but it won't let me edit the document.

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
Isn't there the quantum network linky thingamabob for interdimensional access for the AE system?

Novaflipps

Jul 29, 2019
U can have up to 16 Wireless Boosters(makes it to go 32 blocks) in the wireless access point. And u can have as many access points u like.....so its up to resources (and energy ofc)that makes the number:) So in theory....with enought Me cables and points, u can reach as far as u want:p

Bertybetelgeuse

Jul 29, 2019
U can have up to 16 Wireless Boosters(makes it to go 32 blocks) in the wireless access point. And u can have as many access points u like.....so its up to resources (and energy ofc)that makes the number:) So in theory....with enought Me cables and points, u can reach as far as u want:p

I think this is incorrect, i changed my old barrel system to a new shiney ME system a few days ago and its great but after crafting a massive amount of resources in to hundreds of cables and around 35 access points i was still unable to get the system to reach my 2nd base about 700 blocks away. i tried chunk loaders too :(. theres also a serious problem with packet drop that can wipe your drives if your unlucky over 100-200 block net ranges i found out to my expense, i fixed it by placing a couple more chunkloaders just to keep everything loaded and havent had it happen again since but this could be a problem over several more hundred blocks if your trying to expand. I'm going to try and see if i can extract and transport the drives themselves through pipes and teseracts to allow me access to my item db while im out of my main base.

Bickers

Jul 29, 2019
I think this is incorrect, i changed my old barrel system to a new shiney ME system a few days ago and its great but after crafting a massive amount of resources in to hundreds of cables and around 35 access points i was still unable to get the system to reach my 2nd base about 700 blocks away. i tried chunk loaders too :(. theres also a serious problem with packet drop that can wipe your drives if your unlucky over 100-200 block net ranges i found out to my expense, i fixed it by placing a couple more chunkloaders just to keep everything loaded and havent had it happen again since but this could be a problem over several more hundred blocks if your trying to expand. I'm going to try and see if i can extract and transport the drives themselves through pipes and teseracts to allow me access to my item db while im out of my main base.
you useing 1.5.2? cables arnt ment to run that far thats what the quantum bridge is for

Tristam Izumi

Jul 29, 2019
Each individual wireless access point gives a 16-32 block range. That does NOT mean that having two gives you a 32-64 range. It means that from one terminal you can access the network from 16-32 blocks, and from the second terminal you can access the network from 16-32 blocks.

To link up your second base you have two options:

1) Run a cable between the two bases.
2) Build a Quantum Bridge between the two.

I'm not sure how much power the first will take, but the second should take 100 EU/t for each side of the quantum bridge, so you'll have to test to see which way is cheaper.

Bertybetelgeuse

Jul 29, 2019
what i initially did was simply run a cable between the two bases, that didnt work because the AT couldnt connect to the controller so i thought ok theres probably a built in range to the cable so i split the cable up with a half stack of access points which made no difference so im thinking theres simply a cap on how far you can actually do that. i will look in to the Quantum bridge, im not familliar with it but it has a cool name so i must need one.

I have never needed a wireless access point to date, the quantum bridge energy requirements seem very high or im reading them wrong, probably just very high, im not sure i can support that much power on each end yet.

As for the power requirements of the first, well i dont know. it has the full force of my 4 reactors running at an average of 3000 ish eu/t and peaking at 9 so i would assume i have the power there, and in fact i could probably tesseract that over to the other side of the brisge for a continuous 100eu/t.

Above all reps to ME dev, what an awsome plugin

Steel

Jul 29, 2019
ME cables don't have a range, except for what is in loaded chunks. So if you have a loaded path of 700 blocks of cable, you don't need a Wireless Access Terminal, you can do it with just the regular one. You just would have to have 45~ chunks loaded for the cable, which would be a horrible idea. A Quantum Network Bridge allows you to connect to a far-away network. The energy cost is high, but it's well placed as a late game option for distant bases.

Bertybetelgeuse

Jul 29, 2019
i looked at them, i easily have the resources for a couple of them so im going to go ahead and build them. i also found that i can very easily power them with tesseracts, after conversion its still lossless and sustainable 2048 eu/t at the other side.

Bertybetelgeuse

Jul 29, 2019
I actually just realised that my ultimate server doesnt have the version of AE that includes the Quantum Bridge, what can i do about that, anything?

Darklord__

Jul 29, 2019
When ae was first made before it was in the ftb packs the acess terminal had a range of about I wanna say 200 blocks, it got nerfed. Deal with it. Build more around you're base and play how it was designed

Reactions: draeath

Steel

Jul 29, 2019
I actually just realised that my ultimate server doesnt have the version of AE that includes the Quantum Bridge, what can i do about that, anything?

Unfortunately, without the update to AE, there isn't a good way to have access to one network at multiple distant locations.