Is the ME Wireless Acess Terminal gonna go really far away in the next update?

Bertybetelgeuse

Jul 29, 2019
I have come to that conclusion too, i shall sit and patiently wait XD

I suppose my quetion was more, how do updates work? do i do them myself or do i have to wait for a new release of my mod pack (ultimate)?

draeath

Jul 29, 2019
Ultimate will not be updating for the foreseeable future.

Your client will ask (or auto-update, can't remember) if there is an update, however servers still need to be manually updated. Any custom reconfigurations / mod additions / enabling or disabling of mods (and possibly texture packs) will need to be redone. You may also lose your in-game configuration changes such as controls.

Bertybetelgeuse

Jul 29, 2019
Ultimate will not update any more. The new releases of the mods are for a later version of Minecraft. You will have to switch to a newer modpack and re-start a fresh world.

thats a bummer, but doable. so is that the case with all mod packs? they are fixed to a version of mc because it seems like a bit of a hard deal (especially if you use gregtech) or is it that ultimate is no longer going to be supported

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
thats a bummer, but doable. so is that the case with all mod packs? they are fixed to a version of mc because it seems like a bit of a hard deal (especially if you use gregtech) or is it that ultimate is no longer going to be supported
It's not a fixed rule, it's just the way things usually work out. For instance, even if it were possible to implement all the same item IDs in a 1.5 or 1.6 pack, there's no RedPower, no XyCraft, no Thermal Expansion for 1.6 yet, major changes to Thaumcraft, etc.

There was an aspiration to have Unleashed and Unhinged packs move from 1.5 to 1.6 but that is looking unlikely. I don't know if there has been an official "not going to happen" announcement.