Is Ore processing and sorting disappearing?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

zorn

Jul 29, 2019
Germ theory of illness, just a fad? YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST.[DOUBLEPOST=1389405097][/DOUBLEPOST]

His opinion is that you are wrong and he doesn't like you saying that. You literally just did the thing you said shouldn't be done while complaining that that thing was being done to you.

Just ignore this thread man. The only value left here is watching high school kids pretend germs don't exist to express various bizarre scientific and historical misconceptions.

No, there's a difference. Notice a shit ton of people here said they disagreed with my opinion and I just replied with my own? He is telling me NOT to voice my own opinion.

Big difference.

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
Given the couple thousand years spent not boiling our water, I think a little bit of stream water isn't going to kill us.

Something has to kill people faster than they reproduce to really get noticed.

That said unless I see turds floating by I'm drinking from the stream before I consider my piss the beverage of choice, and maybe not even then if it is a wide stream. ;)

zorn

Jul 29, 2019
yes we need more people telling me my ideas are not possible 'within the greater ecosystem of all of modded minecraft!'

but im setting up magicfarm2 right now, adding ic2, gregtech, railcraft, etc. enabling all gregtech recipes. Guess it wasnt impossible after all.

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
Please just go setup your own modpack with configurations and be done with it. It is clear that most of the posters here aren't agreeing with your views, but you're still free to play how you like and there is no need for you to press your preference on the rest of us who do not like how you would like to play.

Sent from my GT-N8020 using Tapatalk

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
yes we need more people telling me my ideas are not possible 'within the greater ecosystem of all of modded minecraft!'

but im setting up magicfarm2 right now, adding ic2, gregtech, railcraft, etc. enabling all gregtech recipes. Guess it wasnt impossible after all.

Enjoy doing very little for a long time. I play RR2RR when I want that kind of game.

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
I never said anything about germs not being bad for you, it's just that with all the other germs out there, the sampling encountered in a stream is a relatively small comparison. And until coffee gained popularity, alcohol was the beverage of choice, meaning it had been heated by the distillation process.

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019

No one said it was impossible. We're just telling you that no one but you wants to do it. Enjoy.

Reactions: Padfoote

zorn

Jul 29, 2019
whenever you write a post in future, can you just take a quick peak at this quote, then re-read what you're about to post and take out all the hypocritical parts?

Ill just use an autotext program to put "its my opinion that" at the start of every sentence I make so you don't get your feelings hurt. Would that help?

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.
Ill just use an autotext program to put "its my opinion that" at the start of every sentence I make so you don't get your feelings hurt. Would that help?

I wouldn't worry about it- here's a list of things that can be said without offending anyone.

Yeah- no matter what anyone says- someone will be offended. Just carry on as you were before mate ;)

Reactions: YX33A and zorn

zorn

Jul 29, 2019
No one said it was impossible. We're just telling you that no one but you wants to do it. Enjoy.

O Rly?

@zorn

I, as most people here, agree with KirinDave and snooder, changing your mod pack or setup will not fix the problem for your friends.

The point that most people in this thread are trying to make is that... how to put this precisely... there is nothing wrong with anything that you are proposing but all of your suggestions are surface solutions to wanting to play a different game, if you will allow that an FTB modpack is a game in its own right.

That's the real problem you need to fix, and messing around with configs isn't going to solve it for you.

You can. But we're warning you. The path you are walking is the path of burnout and frustration.

However, I will warn you: the style of gameplay you are looking for is something that nearly all tech and magic mods do not support or acknowledge to even exist. I truly hate to say it, but you may be better off looking outside of FTB, tech/magic mods as a whole, or possibly even all of Minecraft. The issue isn't you or anyone else, the issue is simply that your style of play is just not easily possible in the greater ecosystem of modded MC.

There are plenty of people who want to play a harder pack. They jsut arent as vocal.. or they have quit without ever even realizing that things could be changed. The guy who got me into playing played for a year and didnt see the power creep that was happening. When he started he was chopping down RP2 rubber trees by hand to make hv solars and was proud of 4 of them crafted by hand.

When he quit, he had an AE autocrafting system and the current 'bar' for our server was set at 90 of them. He said it was boring and quit. By the time i figured out things could be changed to extend the game out somewhat he had already found another game and had lost interest in minecraft. He had 30 million cobble in a DSU and wasnt the creative type, his enjoyment was the survival and resource gathering aspect of the game. When he played he used a quantum suit with a normal jetpack - no invincibility. (admittedly, flight offers a lot of protection). he hadnt ever even put the whole suit on. Until I told him, he didnt even realize the q suit gave you complete invulnerability. And none of us realized how much fun would be lost in the game by finding complete 'god mode'. Or, finding God Mode a week into a new world. :/

Id argue that the reason more people dont play harder packs is because they've all quit in frustration. Unhinged while harder, also had almost no mods in it and the mods that are there are very old, so there was no new content. Why? Because all the newer mods create a very fast game progression and the ONLY way to enjoy them is if you enjoy creative mode style play, or a 'post scarcity' environment as Dave puts it. Because people get butthurt if you say that the mod packs just out you in Creative mode within a week or two of playing, so we have to redefine what that means.

Its simple, if you bought a new game for your ps4 and you got to the end of it in 3 days, you would be annoyed. Your suggestion is that I go back and wander around the maps, finding all the things I might have missed. For a month. I just want the game to last a month, and then maybe go back and screw around for awhile.

This is why people want new packs a lot. When the game ends in 3 days, the only fun is finding new games all the time. This is why many people would post that they had quit for awhile and were waiting for mods to update to 1.6.

Ok now go back and put 'its my opinion that' in front of every sentence I posted there. So birch doesn't get upset. Sorry Birch.

Last edited:
Reactions: YX33A

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
There are plenty of people who want to play a harder pack. They jsut arent as vocal.. or they have quit without ever even realizing that things could be changed. The guy who got me into playing played for a year and didnt see the power creep that was happening. When he started he was chopping down RP2 rubber trees by hand to make hv solars and was proud of 4 of them crafted by hand.

When he quit, he had an AE autocrafting system and the current 'bar' for our server was set at 90 of them. He said it was boring and quit. By the time i figured out things could be changed to extend the game out somewhat he had already found another game and had lost interest in minecraft.

Id argue that the reason more people dont play harder packs is because they've all quit in frustration. Unhinged while harder, also had almost no mods in it and the mods that are there are very old, so there was no new content. Why? Because all the newer mods create a very fast game progression and the ONLY way to enjoy them is if you enjoy creative mode style play, or a 'post scarcity' environment as Dave puts it. Because people get butthurt if you say that the mod packs just out you in Creative mode within a week or two of playing, so we have to redefine what that means.

I'm certainly on the lookout for a decent harder pack. I've tinkered with a few settings on the SolitaryCraft pack (ATLaucher), still expirimenting but its a right pig to setup and I've lost interest by the time it's somewhat usable.
[Gtech, Buildcraft+ Logistics, ProjectRed, Forestry +Addons, BoP+ Insane World Gen, Factorization, Railcraft + SC, Thaumcraft]

At which point I thought screw it- back to playing Better than Wolves.
I'll give Forge Co another shot after I build the device.​

Sorry, I find that list offensive :p

Is it racist that all the points are black? Do you want a rainbow one? :p

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
I'm certainly on the lookout for a decent harder pack. I've tinkered with a few settings on the SolitaryCraft pack (ATLaucher), still expirimenting but its a right pig to setup and I've lost interest by the time it's somewhat usable.
[Gtech, Buildcraft+ Logistics, ProjectRed, Forestry +Addons, BoP+ Insane World Gen, Factorization, Railcraft + SC, Thaumcraft]

At which point I thought screw it- back to playing Better than Wolves.
I'll give Forge Co another shot after I build the device.​

Is it racist that all the points are black? Do you want a rainbow one? :p

My Omega Dawn pack is harder then what FTB offers, but not to the extremes of GregTech level. In a nutshell the things I've changed:
20-25% reduced Ore Generation
Zombie Awareness, Infernal Mobs (heavily tweaked), LycanitesMobs (heavily tweaked), BoP+Natura Nether changes (Nether is unsurvivable in iron gear)
TE uses Steel and Gears in it's recipes
MFR set to use TE style recipes, and double power requirements
Mekanism gives almost all zombies it's armour on Hard difficulty, right royal pain in the rear when starting out
Ars Magicka 2 (it's mobs can hit hard)

One thing that the server players miss from 1.5.2 is Primitive Mobs. It adds a a lovely TNT throwing creeper. See one of those things puts the fear up everyone. One of those and a zombie horde totally wiped out our server starting base.

Yes, it's possible to make a much harder pack, but it's a lot of work.

Mevansuto

Jul 29, 2019
Its simple, if you bought a new game for your ps4 and you got to the end of it in 3 days, you would be annoyed. Your suggestion is that I go back and wander around the maps, finding all the things I might have missed. For a month. I just want the game to last a month, and then maybe go back and screw around for awhile.

If those 3 days were some of the greatest 3 days I would be satisfied to end there. I've finished plenty of games in that time (Gunpoint, Pikmin, Ace Attorney etc.). To me it seems like you didn't really enjoy those 3 days in the first place.

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
My Omega Dawn pack is harder then what FTB offers, but not to the extremes of GregTech level. In a nutshell the things I've changed:
20-25% reduced Ore Generation
Zombie Awareness, Infernal Mobs (heavily tweaked), LycanitesMobs (heavily tweaked), BoP+Natura Nether changes (Nether is unsurvivable in iron gear)
TE uses Steel and Gears in it's recipes
MFR set to use TE style recipes, and double power requirements
Mekanism gives almost all zombies it's armour on Hard difficulty, right royal pain in the rear when starting out
Ars Magicka 2 (it's mobs can hit hard)

Thanks - I'll check it out.
...after I find my way home (yes- I was dragged into the water and eaten by squid. Those things are cold blooded killers).

Reactions: YX33A and Padfoote

snooder

Jul 29, 2019
O Rly?

When he quit, he had an AE autocrafting system and the current 'bar' for our server was set at 90 of them. He said it was boring and quit.

And the same would happen in ANY minecraft game. If I play vanilla for a year, i'll eventually get a full set of Protection V enchanted diamond armor, and stacks upon stacks of every resource in the game. That's kinda inherent to how the game works.

...the ONLY way to enjoy them is if you enjoy creative mode style play, or a 'post scarcity' environment as Dave puts it. Because people get butthurt if you say that the mod packs just out you in Creative mode within a week or two of playing, so we have to redefine what that means.

If you are wondering why people don't respond so well to things you say, this right here is a good example. Post-scarcity play is not "creative mode" and calling it that is insulting to the people who enjoy playing that way.

This is why people want new packs a lot. When the game ends in 3 days, the only fun is finding new games all the time. This is why many people would post that they had quit for awhile and were waiting for mods to update to 1.6.

Personally I think people want new packs because they want the new stuff in the mods that have updated to a newer version of vanilla. Or they want the stuff in the new vanilla version itself. Personally, I stopped playing for a while to wait for 1.6.4. Not because I got bored, but because I kept seeing people post about vanilla horses and IC2 ejector upgrades, and Ars Magica 2, and Thaumcraft 4, and new TE energy cells, to the point where when I had to stop playing for real life reasons it seemed better to just wait for the new pack and not waste a bunch of time on a world that would get wiped.

Look, I don't know about everyone else responding to you, but I'm actually trying to help you out here. I don't care if you like Gregtech or want a harder difficulty. If you want to try it, go for it. I'm just warning you to actually think for a bit about what you are trying to accomplish and how the things you plan to do will go towards that goal. You seemed to be trying to fix the problem of your buddy who played for a year, collected a bunch of items and then got bored. And just increasing power consumption or lowering ore yields isn't going to solve that problem. After enough time passes, he'll still get all those items and still get bored.

SonOfABirch

Jul 29, 2019
Ok now go back and put 'its my opinion that' in front of every sentence I posted there. So birch doesn't get upset. Sorry Birch.
Looking back at all of the posts in this thread, the only person getting offended at people having opinions that differ from their own is you. You are the one constantly going of the defensive when no one is offending you, not me.