Is it hard to use?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mash

Jul 29, 2019
People read warning labels?

Shit, I thought those were like those user agreements that I never read.

Djharts

Jul 29, 2019
I once tricked my mom into believing a toy witch broomstick from K-mart had a warning label that said "Warning: Does not fly" She lost all hope for humanity for a second there.

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
I once tricked my mom into believing a toy witch broomstick from K-mart had a warning label that said "Warning: Does not fly" She lost all hope for humanity for a second there.
I bet you, being that we have access to the interwebz that someone could find one.

(enjoy!)

Bigglesworth

Jul 29, 2019
Is using the launcher hard? I seem to be fielding a lot of questions on the Help Desk that make me think that the launcher isn't as simple as it could be. This isn't meant for a suggestion thread, but I really need some input here!
You realize the FTB launcher is a bloated POS, right? Simple as it could be? *scoff* It has ONE SINGLE (and good/unique) real function. The entire rest of it is almost wholly pointless.

Some fanboys try and defend that, but really, does defending the shit portions of things help improve it? They need to focus on their core functionality and shed the fat.

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
You realize the FTB launcher is a bloated POS, right? Simple as it could be? *scoff* It has ONE SINGLE (and good/unique) real function. The entire rest of it is almost wholly pointless.

Some fanboys try and defend that, but really, does defending the shit portions of things help improve it? They need to focus on their core functionality and shed the fat.
You realize that I'm the main person on the FTB help desk, and I'm honestly asking that question.

I really don't care that you think it's a piece of shit.

Mash

Jul 29, 2019
If you have trouble using the launcher, then you either just started using 21st century technology, or you have a learning disability.

Neither one is necessarily anyone's fault, but it also isn't an excuse to call the launcher hard to use. It simply isn't. I don't know anyone who struggles to log on to FTB.

fergcraft

Jul 29, 2019
And this is how you fail. well that and people posting simple questions on the forums instead of trying stuff out

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
Quite honestly, after helping tech support for a bit, I just think some people are that stupid. I've told people "update to java XuXX your running XuXX" and had the first response be something like "that's not my problem."

Um...

Let's do this in an order that removes other possibilities, cause 90% of the problems are fixed by doing this or moving your launcher out of your damn downloads.

At least if you ask for help, do what the people helping you say before you call us idiots and then finally do what we ask and realize who really is.

Status
Not open for further replies.