Iridium Ore

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Iron Steve

Jul 29, 2019
If you throw ferrous ore in an industrial grinder you will get platinum as a by-product. 8 platinum in an industrial centerfuge will give one iridium. You will need 32 ferrous ore to get one iridium, but this method helps alot. Miners are faster at getting the ferrous ore than quarries. Hope that helps.

Domicilius

Jul 29, 2019
Honestly, all this dense ore shit is way more tedious than just making an iridium machine. Pulverize ferrous ore until you get 2 shiny dust, make em into ingots, pulverize those, rich slag the dust. Pulverize the ingots you get and repeat. You now have infinite platinum dust which centrifuges into iridium. All you need to do is induction smelt all the ores you get from mining, and it doubles your ores anyways. Iridium is a lot easier to get than people think.

Oatmonster

Jul 29, 2019
I have a stupidly easy way to legitimately get iridium in the Mindcrack pack relatively early on. Use ore that you have large amounts of in an induction smelter to obtain rich slag (I use iron, tin, and lead). The loss of resources compared to using an industrial grinder is not that large seeing as you get iridium. Once you have a decent amount of rich slag, simply smelt two platinum/shiny dust with one rich slag in your induction furnace to get three shiny ingots. Macerate and repeat until you are out of rich slag. Simply macerate the shiny ingots you get into platinum dust and centrifuge 8 dust to get one iridium.

Edit: Sorry, I didn't see Domicilius's post.

raiju

Jul 29, 2019
I used a zeppelin for a lot of my iridium in the end. I know a lot of people like their frames but I just marked home and set out for adventure.

I know someone asked i na previous thread before also; I finally found one of the large asteroids. It is just bigger (and for me it was a large oval shape with fragments lying about). Had about 10 sheldonite and a lot of all hte other things.

thaile4ever

Jul 29, 2019
If you have twilight forest installed, then large hollow hills have Iridium ore. Found a total of 11 ores, clearing out 2 of the hills.

CrafterOfMines57

Jul 29, 2019
You got a quote for that? I've heard unfounded rumors and one big name shut down (Guude).
Yes, from KingLemming
Having said all that, any attempted "forced rebalance" will not be met with enthusiasm on my end. This is a modding community, we should be able to interface with each other on a reasonable level and change things to make the game better overall. I made sure to fix the Iridium issue on my end, and I'm sorry that it ever cropped up - my design didn't really account for metals of that rarity.
before people start a flame war, the context for the forced rebalance remark is that he thought at the time that Greg had been messing with his decompiled code, he was not.

Domicilius

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, from KingLemming

before people start a flame war, the context for the forced rebalance remark is that he thought at the time that Greg had been messing with his decompiled code, he was not.
Sorry, I probably sounded a little antagonistic. People on servers, make your iridium now (I know I am).

samborghini

Jul 29, 2019
Best way to do it is with a fusion reactor, put in Wolframium cells (tungsten dust in a cell) with lithium (I think, could be beryllium). This costs 2 million EU but considering how much it makes fusing Deuterium and tritium, it's not too bad.