Invalid argument: connect: java.net.SocketException: Invalid argument: connect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slymeister

Jul 29, 2019
Since march 1st, I have been receiving the Invalid argument: connect: java.net.SocketException: Invalid argument: connect error every time I try and run feed the beast. I've completely removed Minecraft and FTB from my system and reinstalled. I have tried running with Java 7 64bit and 32bit, as well as Java 6 64bit and 32bit. All giving the same results. I've tried adding the "-Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=true" cmd line, with it doing nothing. I've made sure my AV and firewall arent interfering both by going in and allowing each Java and ftblaucher to always be allowed permission. I have even tried both the .exe and .jar launcher a couple dozen times over the past 3 days. Vanilla minecraft works perfectly fine when started through the .exe, but wont even load when I attempt through the browser. And whenever I try to paste my client log onto pastebin, I just get an error saying Invalid argument: connect.

FTBLaunch starting up (version 1.2.2)
AnalyticsBackgroundThread started
Java version: 1.7.0_17
Java vendor: Oracle Corporation
Java home: C:\Program Files\Java\jre7
Java specification: Java Virtual Machine Specification version: 1.7 by Oracle Corporation
Java vm: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM version: 23.7-b01 by Oracle Corporation

Error making tracking request: java.net.SocketException: Invalid argument: connect
[i18n] Checking for updates ...
[i18n] enUS English language file loaded!
[i18n] Could not retrieve version info, skipping update.: java.net.SocketException: Invalid argument: connect
[i18n] Added 0 enUS to options pane
[i18n] enUS English language file loaded!

Failed to load modpacks, loading from backup: java.net.SocketException: Invalid argument: connect
Loading modpack information for modpacks.xml...
Failed to read modpack file - falling back to direct download: java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\Users\Slymeister\AppData\Roaming\ftblauncher\ModPacks\modpacks.xml (The system cannot find the file specified)
Completely unable to download the modpack file - check your connection: java.net.SocketException: Invalid argument: connect
loading map information...
loading texture pack information...

Again, sorry. Couldnt paste the log to pastebin no matter how much I wanted to. I changed the white text to grey just to make it easier to read.

KingofKamikaze

Jul 29, 2019
i am having the same problem here, while minecraft seems to work just fine, Feed the Beast is giving me this error all the time, i always have mi firewall disables, so that cant be it. i dont know what to do.
please help me.

Moasseman

Jul 29, 2019
i am having the same problem here, while minecraft seems to work just fine, Feed the Beast is giving me this error all the time, i always have mi firewall disables, so that cant be it. i dont know what to do.
please help me.
Redownload launcher, post some logs.

Status
Not open for further replies.