Infitech2 - Enderium Ingots (goal being the Ender Chest)

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
H

headsh0t_harry

Hi all,

Using Infitech2 (Gregtech 5), trying to make an Ender Chest, but can't seem to figure out how to make Enderium Ingots - can anyone help with this one please?

I read somewhere something about "Pyrotheum Dust", but even that escapes me...

Thanks so much in advance!

Attachments

• upload_2017-11-15_22-52-58.png
    upload_2017-11-15_22-52-58.png
    639.7 KB · Views: 41
H

headsh0t_harry

Thanks very much, a few useful bits there, but not enough to get me over the line so to speak - as I understand, Enderium Base is the molten form for making the ingots, but to get that I've no idea what to do at this stage...

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Copied and pasted from MarcNemesis's post:

- You need to mix your Enderium base (Liquid) with Ender Pearl dust inside a Chemical Reactor. This will yield Enderium Dust.
- Put that Enderium Dust inside a EBF (Heat of 3000K or higher.) This will yield Hot Enderium Ingot.
- Put that hot Enderium ingot inside a Freezer to cool it off. This will yield Enderium Ingot.

That seems pretty straightforward to be honest! I think @SolManX couldn't have directed you to a better post!

The chemical reactor reacts a liquid (enderium base) with a solid (ender pearl dust) and outputs the enderium dust, which goes into the EBF - the Electric Blast Furnace - a complicated multiblock if what I've read is correct.
The hot enderium ingot produced needs to be cooled in a freezer (another multiblock, I think?) - possibly called the vacuum freezer, unless there is another version - and out of that you'll get the enderium ingots you require for your ender chest!

H

headsh0t_harry

Yes, and I agree, it is a great post, but I'm struggling with the "Enderium Base" liquid part. How do you make that? So far I've not been able to get there.

Apologies if I'm being rather slow with this - still fairly new to MC, and guess we got the deep end with Infitech :)

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Yes, and I agree, it is a great post, but I'm struggling with the "Enderium Base" liquid part. How do you make that? So far I've not been able to get there.

Apologies if I'm being rather slow with this - still fairly new to MC, and guess we got the deep end with Infitech :)
Ah I see, many apologies! It looks like they had Enderium base ingots and melted them in a Advanced Fluid Extractor. Is there a recipe for enderium base ingots at all?

H

headsh0t_harry

Not a problem - appreciate the help :)
The only thing I've found is this:
upload_2017-11-16_16-39-53.png

But I A: have no idea where to get the bits for a Shiny Ingot (not seen any of those in my travels inside Infitech 2)
and B: I've build an advanced Alloy Smelter, but that only has slots for two items to smelt together... unless they mean to use the EBF (which I also have)?

I'm not sure the above works in Infitech 2....

So still stuck at this point :(

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
View attachment 35113

But I A: have no idea where to get the bits for a Shiny Ingot (not seen any of those in my travels inside Infitech 2)
and B: I've build an advanced Alloy Smelter, but that only has slots for two items to smelt together... unless they mean to use the EBF (which I also have)?

Ah bother. If Infitech2 has anything like NEI, you should be able to look up enderium base and find a recipe for it within the modpack. Shiny is usually oredicted with Platinum, so if the recipe is the same, and you have platinum, that should work. Enderium is added by Thermal Expansion, and in TE there is a chance of shiny dust being produced when pulverising nickel ore as well - that's another thing to look out for. Also, Enderium Blend is added by EnderIO, so is it possible to make the EnderIO alloy smelter? I'm not super familiar with the pack, so there may be recipe or config changes implemented - at this point, unfortunately, your best bet is to go in-game and do some detective work. I'm sure you'll find the solution though - good luck, and let us know how you get on! :)

SolManX

Jul 29, 2019
View attachment 35113

Yeah sorry - I was expecting you to carry on your quest over on the infitech thread. Really, there's plenty of really helpful people there, including pyure, as padfoote suggested.

Infitech2 is pretty hardcore, so prepare yourself!!

You need to mix silver dust (easy) with platinum dust (hard) with molten tin (easy) in a HV chemical reactor to get molten enderium base - then follow marc's post.

I do believe you have to process purified chalcopyrite with nitric acid (I think) to get small platinum dust.

EDIT: typo

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.
Been playing regular Infitech and the FTN addition for a while.

Going from memory here;
The chemical bath is a good source of platinum- crushed nickel and mercury should yield around 1.4 platinum ingots byproduct per ore block.
(The nitric acid thing is for platinum group metals, useful for the much rarer elements).​

The easy bit is making the Enderium dust (HV chemical reactor [Enderium base], melt it in an MV fluid extractor, then HV reactor again to make the Dust).
If you like magic, theres an alternate route through Thaumcraft [alchemy tab- hit the metals research]​

Harder is cooking the ingots, 3000K in the Electric Blast Furnace needs Nichrome coils, and the Vacuum Freezer to cool the hot ingots. Optional Hazmat suit for handling the hot ingots.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario

I’m gonna ping @Pyure here and see if he can help. I think he plays / played Infitech 2 a decent amount a while back.
Sadly I've been so busy with the other team projects lately (that, uh, I didn't just mention here) that its been a REAL while back ;)

@headsh0t_harry : See solman and Celestial's responses. Shorter answer: if you look at that recipe, it SHOULD be cycling between both "shiny" and "platinum" ingots, since those are almost always oredicted together.

Platinum can be extracted from nickel and other stuff, but its also possible to find a straight-up (rare) Platinum vein.

If you don't have this bookmarked yet, you should:
https://ftb.gamepedia.com/GregTech_5/Mining_and_Processing

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
Don't shoot me if I'm off here...

Can't you get shiny ingots from grinding nickle as a possible added drop in a pulverizer of some sort?
That's how I always got shiny ingots.

Or it that not a thing in this pack?

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Don't shoot me if I'm off here...

Can't you get shiny ingots from grinding nickle as a possible added drop in a pulverizer of some sort?
That's how I always got shiny ingots.

Or it that not a thing in this pack?
Gregtech does its own thing ;)

I think what you're referring to is the Thermal Expansion recipe which turns Nickel into 2 nickel dusts and 0.10 shiny dusts, or some such. But TE isn't in Infitech.

Having said that, the SAG mill may do something similar (I don't recall offhand), and if so, it will produce platinum at a very high percentage since that machine specializes on secondary products rather than primaries.

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Gregtech does its own thing ;)

I think what you're referring to is the Thermal Expansion recipe which turns Nickel into 2 nickel dusts and 0.10 shiny dusts, or some such. But TE isn't in Infitech.

Having said that, the SAG mill may do something similar (I don't recall offhand), and if so, it will produce platinum at a very high percentage since that machine specializes on secondary products rather than primaries.
Hang on though... if TE isn't in Infitech2, where's the Enderium coming from? Unless Foundation is present but not Expansion and its added by that...

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
The list of mods is on the first post of the official pack thread. Not sure how enderium gets added but TE is definitely not in there and I can't see thermal foundation either.
How bizarre! I know the enderium base itself is added by EnderIO... I can only assume that one of the mods allows adding of custom materials - given that there is no "Hot Enderium Ingot" either, at least one custom thing had to have been added already - its not a big stretch for two or three.

SolManX

Jul 29, 2019
Enderio is in the pack but with a large amount of minetweaking and scripting to integrate it into a gregtech/thaumcraft progression. You might want to have a look at it - it's very stable and if you haven't played with gregtech before, it's a pretty good intro. Similar to regrowth, you have to expect lots of recipes, including vanilla ones, to be different.

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Enderio is in the pack but with a large amount of minetweaking and scripting to integrate it into a gregtech/thaumcraft progression. You might want to have a look at it - it's very stable and if you haven't played with gregtech before, it's a pretty good intro. Similar to regrowth, you have to expect lots of recipes, including vanilla ones, to be different.
Its funny you should say that; as I was looking through the mod list I found myself thinking that it actually looks really interesting, and quite up my alley! I'm not sure I've got the patience for super grind and hardness, but if its around the same sort of level as Age of Engineering I reckon I could get on board with it!

EDIT: With the magic integrated too, it also sounds a bit like All The Mods: Expert, but hopefully at least a bit less entangled in its tech and magic progression ;)

EDIT, the second: One quick question - what is the driving force behind progression? Is there any form of ages or quest to follow like Age of Engineering, or is it simply self driven like All The Mods: Expert, where it seems to basically be "what do I want to make? OK, how do I make that? OK, how do I make THAT, to make the first thing?" and so on?

Last edited:

SolManX

Jul 29, 2019
Not sure there's a well-defined goal with either GT or this pack in particular, except maybe to extend vanilla. There are 'ages' in GT, from bronze to machine to nuclear, but that can take a long time, especially for beginners (which I'd consider myself to be even though I've played through the pack a few times). The modpack authors have included a very helpful HQM list of quests, so I suppose that could be used in a goal-like manner.

It's difficult to say whether the pack's 'grindy' or not - seems like a lot of people don't have much love for GT and often quote this reason - but personally I find it immensely rewarding. Other reasons include changes to vanilla, intricate crafting recipes, exploding machines and ore generation (huge veins) that requires doing a lot of exploration and core-sampling.

Maybe you could watch a couple of youtubers to see what's involved. I like this guy, although this series is a little old now.