Infitech2 - Enderium Ingots (goal being the Ender Chest)

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Its funny you should say that; as I was looking through the mod list I found myself thinking that it actually looks really interesting, and quite up my alley! I'm not sure I've got the patience for super grind and hardness, but if its around the same sort of level as Age of Engineering I reckon I could get on board with it!

EDIT: With the magic integrated too, it also sounds a bit like All The Mods: Expert, but hopefully at least a bit less entangled in its tech and magic progression ;)

EDIT, the second: One quick question - what is the driving force behind progression? Is there any form of ages or quest to follow like Age of Engineering, or is it simply self driven like All The Mods: Expert, where it seems to basically be "what do I want to make? OK, how do I make that? OK, how do I make THAT, to make the first thing?" and so on?
Funny you mention AoE. I strongly suspect they drew most of their inspiration from a GT pack, which very much does have delineated tiers or Ages.

I'd probably call Tier3 Fusion the end-game. And, just for irony, I've never reached any fusion tier in Infitech2.

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Funny you mention AoE. I strongly suspect they drew most of their inspiration from a GT pack, which very much does have delineated tiers or Ages.

I'd probably call Tier3 Fusion the end-game. And, just for irony, I've never reached any fusion tier in Infitech2.
Very probably! :)

Oh? How come? Is it too big a time sink, or resource sink, to get to that stage?

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Me being weird. Once I have Fission, I have "enough power to do everything I want to do", and I can't make myself dig into fusion.
Ah, fair play. I have that same thing quite often. I don't think I'll ever set up a Draconic Reactor for that reason (and also because eff that noise), but I've decided I WILL dig deep and make the Mekanism one, even if I only get it running for a short while. Of all the things that could cap off my Regrowth playthrough before my friend changes his server over, that's the one I've wanted to accomplish from pretty much the start.

Not the Mek turbine though, that's a fuss too far even for me.

Reactions: Pyure

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.
EDIT, the second: One quick question - what is the driving force behind progression? Is there any form of ages or quest to follow like Age of Engineering, or is it simply self driven like All The Mods: Expert, where it seems to basically be "what do I want to make? OK, how do I make that? OK, how do I make THAT, to make the first thing?" and so on?

There is an optional questbook; nothings gated into the questing system, but it'll provide a rough guide if you follow it. You'll need to fork over some of your resources as you go, but the rewards are pretty neat too.
Otherwise the Gregtech progression is a rough guide (Steam -> LV ->MV ->HV ect), with the other mods unlocking as you go.

Also worth noting there are two versions of Infitech; 'Regular' Infitech by @Jason McRay and the 'Fear the Night'' edition/continuation by @EconBrony
I've spent a fair bit of time on both; the biggest difference when I switched was FTN runs a slightly later version of Gregtech, which massively overhauls the circuit crafting and oil refining/chemistry stuff. You also have Lyncanite's mobs which helps Econ's version live up to its name :p

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
There is an optional questbook; nothings gated into the questing system, but it'll provide a rough guide if you follow it. You'll need to fork over some of your resources as you go, but the rewards are pretty neat too.
Otherwise the Gregtech progression is a rough guide (Steam -> LV ->MV ->HV ect), with the other mods unlocking as you go.

Also worth noting there are two versions of Infitech; 'Regular' Infitech by @Jason McRay and the 'Fear the Night'' edition/continuation by @EconBrony
I've spent a fair bit of time on both; the biggest difference when I switched was FTN runs a slightly later version of Gregtech, which massively overhauls the circuit crafting and oil refining/chemistry stuff. You also have Lyncanite's mobs which helps Econ's version live up to its name :p
That sounds terrifying enough to know which version I'd go for.