Infernal, Abyssal, and Oblivion Hives

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

snooder

Jul 29, 2019
Oh man, I think I mined two of those infernal hives. :( I was completely mystified why my mandyllum pick would not mine it. Any easy way to change the texture to make it more obvious that it's a beehive?

At least now I know for the next time I across one.

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
Seriously this could be remedied by activating or not disabling NEI tips... It does look a lot like glowing ardite but becasue I had NEI tooptips on I knew it was a hive.

Recon

Jul 29, 2019
Been mining in a Sacred Springs biome, and I keep finding Oblivion hives encased in Endstone. I also found an Infernal hive encased in glowstone. What I'm after is an Attuned hive though. Not finding any in this biome. Is it bad luck or should I be looking elsewhere?

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
Back when I was looking for these I edited the textures so they'd stick out a bit more.

Recon

Jul 29, 2019
I'm using Sphax. They'll stand out fine. I just need to know where to look.

Infallible83

Jul 29, 2019
Slightly off topic, but I seem to have been quite lucky and have each of them. However I am not great with bees and don't know which great bees they open the path to.

Are there any particularly interesting bees I should work towards using them or are they more of a "collect them all" type of bee?

Infallible

DREVL

Jul 10, 2013
2 things...
-I don't know what these bees do.
-I don't know what mod they came with, but I came across a HUGE ASS beehive in the nether. it was like a 20x20 oval or something. Got close to it and heard it buzzing. I decided to GTFO. what was that?

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
- I don't know what mod they came with, but I came across a HUGE ASS beehive in the nether. it was like a 20x20 oval or something. Got close to it and heard it buzzing. I decided to GTFO. what was that?

I believe that was a BoP hive. Past that, I know nothing about it.

WTFFFS

Jul 29, 2019
I believe that was a BoP hive. Past that, I know nothing about it.
All I know about them is they are a WIP and the "wasps" are really freaking annoying and do not stop chasing you, they have some items associated with them that currently have no use.

Reactions: Padfoote

Recon

Jul 29, 2019
The Attuned bees are essential to open up a line of magic frames. Pretty much all the powerful magic frames require product derived from them. Still have no idea where to find 'em. They don't seem to be in Sacred Springs.

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
All I know about them is they are a WIP and the "wasps" are really freaking annoying and do not stop chasing you, they have some items associated with them that currently have no use.
Unless you get a 10 chunk lead on them :p

Or if you take no lava damage; dive in. They're sure to follow.

Reactions: Padfoote

Recon

Jul 29, 2019
Attuned bees don't appear to be in Magical Forest either. Anybody know where the heck to find them?

WTFFFS

Jul 29, 2019
Attuned bees don't appear to be in Magical Forest either. Anybody know where the heck to find them?
They are definitely in Magical Forest, I built my base in a Magical Forest so of course did quite a bit of branch mining under it and I have a few attuned bees they are pretty damn rare though definitely rarer than the oblivion\infernal hives under the forest.

Old thread http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/where-may-i-find-deep-hives-from-magic-bees.28302/
Basically biomes that are hills\mountains or magical just very rare.
Edit: to give you an idea of rarity I have 2 princesses (sadly both are ignoble so if I want to get any of the breeds from these I'll have to actually go looking for them) and zero drones and I have done quite a bit of branch mining.

Last edited:

Recon

Jul 29, 2019
Its easy to turn attuned princesses into pristine. Just breed them until you get heaps of drones, and then force-breed the stack of drones with some random pristine princess (forest?) until its genes match.

WTFFFS

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah easy enough, I tend to use Rocky princesses to breed up to a different species since they start with fairly reasonable traits and they all seem to be pristine, possibly a bug but there you have it. (and since I have run a couple of quarries I tend to have a lot of Rocky's)
Could be a bit annoying to start off with at least I have 2 chances if the RNG gods decide to hate me :)

Taiine

Jul 29, 2019
and this is why in my pack, texture support for the mod I've retextured all the hives >.<

Darkone84

Jul 29, 2019
I belive with the new change that Infernal, Abyssal, and Oblivion Hives can be found in the overworld. I use BoP whats the best biome/s to find these Hives?

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
I belive with the new change that Infernal, Abyssal, and Oblivion Hives can be found in the overworld. I use BoP whats the best biome/s to find these Hives?

Magical Forests contain them. I've run into all of them so far in my world, all in a Magical Forest. I believe Sacred Springs will also have them.