Infernal, Abyssal, and Oblivion Hives

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Labhras

Jul 29, 2019
Among other things, magic bees added a fairly rare hive in each dimension: Deep Hives in the overworld, Infernal Hives in the nether, and Oblivion Hives in the end. Since the Infernal Hives look a lot like ardite ore, I snapped a screenshot to help stop people from mining them with a pick.

4Wb0w1T.jpg

The infernal hive is in the center, and I placed ardite ore on both sides of it for comparison. Note the brighter color and the 'entrance' of the hive. As far as location, you can see the brick from a nether fortress, what you can't see is the quartz vein it was sitting in. I don't believe the nether fortress has an effect on it, but I usually only find them in quartz.

Hope this helped.

Here's a screenshot of a deep hive still with its redstone buddies.
EDIT: After some info-digging, I found rumors on the forestry forums that these hives can only be found in biomes marked as hills, mountains, or magical. I'm not sure of the specific biomes these include, but I have luck in ones with sulfur as well.

c8F4Jf8.jpg

EDIT: Alright, I'm too lazy to upload a screenshot of oblivion hives, but they are honestly the easiest by far to locate. If you look underneath the end island, you'll see a bunch of little obsidian stalactites. Yep, right on top of those. Easy, right?

Quesenek

Jul 29, 2019
Among other things, magic bees added a fairly rare hive in each dimension: Deep Hives in the overworld, Infernal Hives in the nether, and Oblivion Hives in the end. Since the Infernal Hives look a lot like ardite ore, I snapped a screenshot to help stop people from mining them with a pick.

The infernal hive is in the center, and I placed ardite ore on both sides of it for comparison. Note the brighter color and the 'entrance' of the hive. As far as location, you can see the brick from a nether fortress, what you can't see is the quartz vein it was sitting in.

Hope this helped.
I have found these surrounded by glowstone. I was super confused when I first found these I was digging through the configs for hours thinking that it was a conflict lmao.

Reactions: JaRyCu

MilConDoin

Jul 29, 2019
I have found these surrounded by glowstone. I was super confused when I first found these I was digging through the configs for hours thinking that it was a conflict lmao.
Surrounded by glowstone is only in the overworld (biomes classified as BiomeDictionary.MAGICAL), in the nether it is surrounded by nether quartz. (At least to my knowledge.)

SpitefulFox

Jul 29, 2019
Among other things, magic bees added a fairly rare hive in each dimension: Deep Hives in the overworld

Wait... so, were those glowy red stone things I kept finding in redstone veins Deep Hives? That would explain why they didn't drop anything when I mined them. >____>

Daemonblue

Jul 29, 2019
Wait... so, were those glowy red stone things I kept finding in redstone veins Deep Hives? That would explain why they didn't drop anything when I mined them. >____>

Yup, there are hives in redstone sometimes, and there are also rare hives that spawn end stone around them in the overworld.

SpitefulFox

Jul 29, 2019
Yup, there are hives in redstone sometimes, and there are also rare hives that spawn end stone around them in the overworld.

* slaps forehead *

The texture made it look more like some sort of mutated Fire Infused Stone than a hive. D:

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
I will say that the hive does look like some sort of nether ore, if it wasn't for NEI's highlight block feature I would never have guessed it was a hive.
But I never mistook it for ardite.

sks0315

Jul 29, 2019
I once found it and thought it was ardite. I mined it and relised "OMG I killed nether bee..." Only if I had scoop...

mushroom taco

Jul 29, 2019
That's what that was?!
I was mining in the nether and mined it after taking a screenshot... Was going to make a thread about it but tht answers that.
Welp, guess ill Just spawn in the hive and break it...

SpitefulFox

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone know what BoP biomes the attuned hives can spawn in. Having 0 luck...

Any BoP biome registered as "HILL", "MOUNTAIN", or "MAGICAL" in the BiomeDictionary.

Fairly safe to assume that Enchanted Forest is Magical. Crag looks like a Mountain. Etc...

Yarma92

Jul 29, 2019
Ahh I can confirm that the Volcano Biome contains the hives. Do these hives only drop a princess?