Industrial Grinder mat question

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Dazz_Darkstorm

Jul 29, 2019
First of all Im new to these forums so wasnt sure which section to post this in, if its the incorrect one then my apologies. I am trying to make an Industrial Grinder on our FTB server and I am having problems with the recipe. The precise parts Im having trouble with are the 3 Diamond Grinders, when I put the recipe materials in nothing happens, which are diamond dust, steel ingots and a diamond. The recipe that is shown lists an Industrial diamond, Im wondering if this may be the problem. Since a week or so ago the Industrial diamond seems to have been automatically replaced with normal diamonds in game when I produce them. There is an alternative mat, the wolframium grinder which is pretty expensive for me to upgrade my furnace to make so I wanted to ask you guys if the first recipe with diamond grinders is currently not working. Thanks for any help you may be able to offer.

Grydian2

Jul 29, 2019
GB
meettomy.site
Gregtech changed the recipe. You need to grind a stack of coal to make one industrial diamond. First you surround coal dust around a piece of flint. Compress that in a compressor. Then surround 8 of those around a piece of obsidian. Then compress that into an industrial diamond.

PeggleFrank

Jul 29, 2019
Greg is an idiot and he's made sure that you can only use industrial diamonds. Industrial diamonds were supposed to be used for some diamond tools, but not all. They then realized that it was totally useless at that point so they just made a crafting recipe for industrial diamonds to diamonds, and they made machines output normal diamonds instead.

I believe there are a few machines that can make industrial diamonds, but I'm not sure what they are. Alternatively you could check if the coal > diamond recipe makes industrial diamonds. If it does, then you can just make a small factory for them and be on your way with your diamond grinders.

Also, this is the correct forum to post stuff in.
General FTB chat is for FTB stuff (first priority)
General chat is for FTB stuff and other stuff (second priority)
Tech support is for issues related to your system or the FTB launcher, although some tech support questions are in the general FTB chat because they're more in-game than an issue with say your hard drive.

Moasseman

Jul 29, 2019
Greg is an idiot and he's made sure that you can only use industrial diamonds. Industrial diamonds were supposed to be used for some diamond tools, but not all. They then realized that it was totally useless at that point so they just made a crafting recipe for industrial diamonds to diamonds, and they made machines output normal diamonds instead.
Wääh wääh greg idiot wääh

Runo

Jul 29, 2019
you are on ultimate 1.1.2 i presume, as i ran into the same problem. this version supports heating coils, so what you need to do is make an industrial blast furnace with 22 standard and 12 advanced casings, with lava in the middle. then, you prepare chrome and titanium for the coils. right click the blast furnace with 4 nichrome and 4 kanthal coils (note that there's an order they have to be applied, I can't remember which) and it will upgrade the heat capacity by 1000, well over tungsten level. Now you can make wolframium grinders, for more common resources I might add.

The other option is painful, the implosion compressor with diamond dust which uses WAYYY too much TNT. This isn't economically viable.

Dazz_Darkstorm

Jul 29, 2019
Thankyou very much for your replies and help. I tired to make industrial diamonds with the coal chunks but they come out as normal diamonds now, before they were Industrial diamonds. For some reason since the last patch they now come out as regular diamonds though. I will try using the heating coils later, hopefully I will get around it with this.

Runo

Jul 29, 2019
Honestly, I think this was a temporary bug only really effecting this pack. It wasnt an issue with prior versions of ultimate and I was under the impression that industrial diamonds were removed.