Immibis' microblocks VS redpower 2

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Who won?

• Immibis' microblocks.

Votes: 38 67.9%
  • Redpower 2 microblocks.

Votes: 14 25.0%
  • I don't use microblocks.

Votes: 4 7.1%

• Total voters

Dravarden

Jul 29, 2019
I wanted to do a comparison between redpower's and Immibis microblocks (immibi's = birch, RP's = netherbrick), here it is:

http://imgur.com/a/szyna

We can see that immibis' have more microblocks, work with most mods, you can add your own blocks/tile entities to the config... but redpower ones, of course, work with redpower stuff, like frames, tubes, red alloy, jacketed...

neither of them work with vanilla/other kind of non full blocks, which is a shame.

So, who is the winner for you? which one is more useful?

RetroGamer1224

Jul 29, 2019
Wow I take a weekend off and more RP2 rage hits. Drav...this is pointless. As Ciero said both have good points. Let them be. Not everything has to be a competition.

Reactions: Lambert2191

Exadi

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah it's pointless to compare mods, because we can just install every mod ever at the same time without any problems, right?

Entropy

Jul 29, 2019
Look out dudes, apparently there can be only one mod that does microblocks. Dravarden, give it a rest man. You don't like some mods, and we don't like your weird campaign to do whatever it is you're doing. Not everything is competition, more is better in Minecraft.

Reactions: Lambert2191

NTaylor

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah it's pointless to compare mods, because we can just install every mod ever at the same time without any problems, right?

Not everyone can install all mods yes some of us have computers capable of handling a lot of mods all running at once not everyone can, for some people it may be better to have readily available comparisons of mods features and abilities when selecting which mods to install while keeping it to a minimum for a particular pack.

Reactions: Dravarden

senderfn

Jul 29, 2019
I voted for Immibis Microblocks aswell, they are just awesome. Only wanted to point out that i voted for the Microblocks not the whole mod.

Dravarden

Jul 29, 2019
And is it impossible to make Immibis blocks work with RP stuff?

Immibis said that when a block has 2 different types of microblocks weird stuff happens (no idea if by enabling or by placing)

And the only RP stuff that work with it's own microblocks are the ones with the same ID, so they might work different than Immibis'

james_joyce

Jul 29, 2019
The more interesting question for me is, can Immibis' mod act as a seamless drop-in migration for RP microblocks?

If hypothetically RP2 were to be abandoned (I'm not saying that's happened) - can Immibis' block IDs be configured such that you could transition to a RP2-free world without losing any microblocks?

NTaylor

Jul 29, 2019
The more interesting question for me is, can Immibis' mod act as a seamless drop-in migration for RP microblocks?

If hypothetically RP2 were to be abandoned (I'm not saying that's happened) - can Immibis' block IDs be configured such that you could transition to a RP2-free world without losing any microblocks?

Not quite sure on that one but if I had to guess I would say no there is more associated with the microblocks than just the IDs that would be more likely to corrupt your world than to actually work you would be better off placing them manually. Its a pain if you have a lot but better than losing stuff.

ILoveGregTech

Jul 29, 2019
Yea
I'm pretty much sick and tired of Elo and her antics
She may have created a great mod in her spare time and only have spare time to update but you can not expect to be looked up to like a goddess from non-sheep people like me if you can update your mod for 3 major minecraft versions
Thank you to MFR, Gregtech, factorization, and immibis for making it nearly completely possible to go without rp2

shoe7ess

Jul 29, 2019
Don't know how someone could hate on someone who spends their freetime producing a quality mod to the public for free. There are no "antics", some people move on, some have personal issues. She doesn't post a lot, so there's no way to judge what her game is and whether or not she should be spending what free-time she may or may not have making toys for us to enjoy. Be glad she contributed what she has so far, otherwise MFR, Gregtech, Factorization, and Immibis may not have all the capabilities that they have today.

Reactions: RedBoss

Dravarden

Jul 29, 2019
Well, I guess there is a reason about it... people complain about greg and his nerf gun because he nerfes everything in his path, people complain because redpower took 9 months to update and still has bugs (also immibis microblocks have bugs... but they get fixed after 2-3 days, instead of 2-3 minecraft updates)

oh, and why nobody complains about azanor not updating? because he came to his topic, took the time to say "update will come but slow, I'm building a house IRL and I don't have much time to focus on the mod" instead of not even wroting "updating" every month or so on twitter.

PonyKuu

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, but we already have some topics to complain about Elo. This one was about microblocks, am I correct? What's the point of having tons of these topics while they are almost the same?

Freakscar

Jul 29, 2019
Aww... pwease? ._.
As tough as it is for me to say this to a Fluttershy avatar - but the answer is still valid. It no longer is Eloraam that is the center of attraction, but rather the attitude every involved person has concerning Redpower. By now, you could replace "female, sucessful modder named Eloraam" with "fluffy monkey dressed like a clown modding RP2" and it would still end in a wild gender biased, pseudo-technical sh!tstorm pretending to be a discussion. :/