Immibis' microblocks VS redpower 2

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Who won?

• Immibis' microblocks.

Votes: 38 67.9%
  • Redpower 2 microblocks.

Votes: 14 25.0%
  • I don't use microblocks.

Votes: 4 7.1%

• Total voters

PonyKuu

Jul 29, 2019
As tough as it is for me to say this to a Fluttershy avatar - but the answer is still valid. It no longer is Eloraam that is the center of attraction, but rather the attitude every involved person has concerning Redpower. By now, you could replace "female, sucessful modder named Eloraam" with "fluffy monkey dressed like a clown modding RP2" and it would still end in a wild gender biased, pseudo-technical sh!tstorm pretending to be a discussion. :/
*sigh*
Okay...

ILoveGregTech

Jul 29, 2019
Well, I guess there is a reason about it... people complain about greg and his nerf gun because he nerfes everything in his path, people complain because redpower took 9 months to update and still has bugs (also immibis microblocks have bugs... but they get fixed after 2-3 days, instead of 2-3 minecraft updates)

oh, and why nobody complains about azanor not updating? because he came to his topic, took the time to say "update will come but slow, I'm building a house IRL and I don't have much time to focus on the mod" instead of not even wroting "updating" every month or so on twitter.

The point with Azanor is that he said something about it. Elo is MIA

RetroGamer1224

Jul 29, 2019
Okay Drav. If it makes you feel better for a poll being about competition then so be it. I can see there is no reasoning anymore due to people screaming about which is better.

Dravarden

Jul 29, 2019
If Elo would post a simply update once a week on Twitter, this wouldn't be an issue. Just a simple, "Hey I'm alive and I did some mod stuff this week." or "Hey I'm alive and I didn't do mod stuff this week."

30 seconds top per week to sate the naysayers.

even every month would be enough...

back on topic: am I the only one sad that you can't cover vanilla redstone/anvils/chests/levers/beds?

Stairmasternem

Jul 29, 2019
I don't see it being too much of a problem. In some cases it makes sense - such as the Chest, which takes up most of a block. Pretty much limits you to 1 pixel thick panels.

RP2's microblocks not working with Buildcraft pipes, and by extension Thermal Expansion ones, seemed more of an issue, for aesthetic purposes.

DoctorOr

Jul 29, 2019
I don't see it being too much of a problem. In some cases it makes sense - such as the Chest, which takes up most of a block. Pretty much limits you to 1 pixel thick panels.

RP2's microblocks not working with Buildcraft pipes, and by extension Thermal Expansion ones, seemed more of an issue, for aesthetic purposes.

A certain somebody liked to pretend that microblock functionality would require modification of the code behind each type of block to work.

Then Immibis proved that somebody wrong.

Zjarek_S

Jul 29, 2019
A certain somebody liked to pretend that microblock functionality would require modification of the code behind each type of block to work.

Then Immibis proved that somebody wrong.
Immibis didn't prove that it is wrong. Immibis microblocks is editing code behind each type of block in automatic fashion (that's why it is core mod).

DoctorOr

Jul 29, 2019
Immibis didn't prove that it is wrong. Immibis microblocks is editing code behind each type of block in automatic fashion (that's why it is core mod).

Edi

Doing it in a fashion that is generic for every block and can be added with a simple config option. The claim was that each block type would have to be individually modified to support microblocks.

Zjarek_S

Jul 29, 2019
Almost every, you can get for example frame motor microblock, unfortunately it renders as pink blob. Most blocks are available when you set autoDetectCuttableBlocks, however you can add whatever block you want (if it is normal block with ID and metadata). The biggest drawback of immibis microblocks is that it doesn't support overlapping microblocks of different types (they flicker).