im Looking For the best server host?

Harvest88

Jul 29, 2019
Just recently Fragnet wasn't willing to actually help with my CPU problems and bragging about their 3.5ghz CPUs being 3.8ghz (the support said the 3.8ghz speed while the guy running the MCF said that their cores actually runs 3.5 to 3.9ghz)... For someone that charges $13.20 a GB I need a better CPU or at least help with this.. http://i.imgur.com/Zu8Nm09.jpg

DZCreeper

Jul 29, 2019
Are you sure that is a Fragnet server? The IP is 198.12.65.84 and that tells me its an OVH server. What processor do you have? Also, $13.20 per gig is cheap, once you go higher end you pay far more per gig but you get more bandwidth and a better processor.

Edit: NVM, did a host look up, its Fragnet.

Edit 2: Are you running MCPC+? Whats your view distance in the server configs? The default of 10 means each player is loading up to 441 chunks. Cutting that to a distance of 8 brings it down to 289 which is a big improvement if your players are spread out.

Harvest88

Jul 29, 2019
I actually took it set further it and down the view distance to 6 and and no not running NCPC as I no idea how to install it and left alone if there a version that will work with forge 9.11.1.23.

DZCreeper

Jul 29, 2019
1. Download the latest build of MCPC+ from this page: http://ci.md-5.net/job/MCPC-Plus/

2. Backup your main server jar. Rename the downloaded build of MCPC+ to the name of your main server jar.

3. Place the renamed MCPC+ build in the folder where your old server jar was.

4. Start the server like you normally would. MCPC+ should help with server performance and you can run Bukkit plugins if you want.

Harvest88

Jul 29, 2019
Alright cool I'll try that tonight, hopefully that stupid processor will stop "crying" so much.. I also could use Essentials so that's another plus. Really don't want to spend 45 bucks a month for a dedicated server with 8 cores.. Edit I said that I'm running 9.11.1.23 so idk if the forge version it merged with would works.

Francis Baster

Jul 29, 2019
Alright cool I'll try that tonight, hopefully that stupid processor will stop "crying" so much.. I also could use Essentials so that's another plus. Really don't want to spend 45 bucks a month for a dedicated server with 8 cores.. Edit I said that I'm running 9.11.1.23 so idk if the forge version it merged with would works.

Some mods are quite picky about what Forge version you are running. Best thing to try is to make a new folder in your server's file system (or even on your home computer) and set up a test server in this isolated environment. Then have a play around and see if anything goes wrong.

DZCreeper

Jul 29, 2019

Well, adding more cores will do very little or nothing. As for the Forge version, running latest is usually very safe. You could always use an older build of MCPC+, but there are always bug fixes in the latest versions.

Harvest88

Jul 29, 2019
Well great.. I wished more things can use multiple cores because that usage is from a single E3 1270v2 processor core. I not made of money to get a server running on a overclocked core. Until I figure out how to lower the CPU by a lot the repeat resetting would need to take place to get the core under controlled only to happens again in another two weeks. I knew minecraft is really single core (and threaded) so not sure where people are saying that things that some mods, MCPC+, and Minecraft running as a server can use more than one core and thread. All I can think of that they wanna waste my time and money buying shared servers with 16 cores or dedicated units.

DZCreeper

Jul 29, 2019
I never said MCPC+ would use more than 1 thread. It just makes better use of that single thread.

Afitz200

Jul 29, 2019
Link to Billing area/purchase area:
http://bit.ly/16KFN5D

Want a good host?
Il tell you a AMAZING HOST
Never lag
amazing pricing!

ENS-LTD!

1.25 Dollars for 250 mbs of Ram!
6.23 Dollars for 1gb of ram!
Unlimited slots
Choice of McMyAdmin or Multi-Craft for your panel!
Discounted ts3 servers if you buy a MC server
Choice of 2 locations for your server! (UK and USA)
SSD
Dedicated Ips available for cheap!

USE PROMO CODE: HALLOWEEN
FOR 35 PERCENT OFF FOR LIFE!

THATS LESS THE 4.50 A MONTH FOR A GB OF RAM
GREAT CPUS
I host several servers on ENS-LTD and they never lag.. High quality
AMAZING
Thats all
Amazing...

Link to Billing area/purchase area:
http://bit.ly/16KFN5D

Im not way associated with ENS-LTD
I just love them alot great service, thought they could use a sale or two ;)

Harvest88

Jul 29, 2019
I never said MCPC+ would use more than 1 thread. It just makes better use of that single thread.

Exactly that why I'm suspecting those hosts are just trying to waste my money by buying 4+ cores when 25% or less of the entire CPU would actually be in use.

Francis Baster

Jul 29, 2019
This chart is a useful when comparing CPUs to run a Minecraft server on. As has already been noted, expensive dedicated servers generally spread their CPU performance across a lot of cores, so these will generally speaking not give you good value for money when running Minecraft. I have a $50 / month dedicated server with a Intel Core i5-3570S @ 3.10GHz, and as you can see from the chart this is not too shabby in terms of single threaded performance.

MCPC+ does allow you to take advantage of a small degree of multi-threadedness. This article from sk89q explains that Bukkit (and MCPC+) loads chunks from the hard drive in a multi-threaded fashion.

Harvest88

Jul 29, 2019
Basically that's the same thing as the E3 1270v2 I'm shooting for the v3 and Provision Host may be the way to go as they have that and overclocked i7 4770k CPUs for bulky Minecraft servers.

DZCreeper

Jul 29, 2019
Harvest, that's not going to do a lot. The single threaded performance is 15% higher at best.

Instead try running multiple servers on the same dedicated hardware. 3 servers with 10 slots each would have better performance than a 3o slot server for example.

Harvest88

Jul 29, 2019
Well cool I guess so I should expect my CPU to drops to at least some degree without the high cost of Fragnet's hosting. They said that should the CPU goes crazy that they said that they will help me the best they can to reduce my usage. At nearly just 10 bucks a GB I should really get bangs for my bucks.

Darklord__

Jul 29, 2019
I recommend stickypiston.co great support friendly people they always help, good prices and I think they have a promo code, ill look into that

DZCreeper

Jul 29, 2019
$10 per gig of memory is actually quite low. Once you get into some higher end dedicated machines that have 16+ gigs of memory, then you can expect to be paying at or less than $10 per gig.

Connor Gavitt

Jul 29, 2019
$10 a GB isn't cheap at all just to point that out, paying $50 a month for 5GB of ram isn't a deal either in 2-4 months you would have bought the ram cards for the server, as for CPU preformance I still prefer ovh- they some some 8GB ram 1TB servers with a good single thread processor for $24 a month out now.

Harvest88

Jul 29, 2019
Umm ovh isn't the best and keep in mind that 10 bucks a GB isn't just for the sticks but CPU, 25GB SSD space, and fully managed support. Probably to build the same thing at 16GB you would need what at least 1,000 bucks or so? Then you only have to ship it and get thing working on your every own. I'm not good at running a bare server..