Iguana Tweaks, Tin is harvest level obsidian?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

bilbsy

Jul 29, 2019
So I added iguana tweaks to direwolf20's modpack (this may literally be my problem) but as far as I understand you need bronze to be able to get obsidian but to get bronze you need tin, and for me to get tin I need obsidian level mining. I definitely feel this is wrong and curious if it's my fault or if I am just a complete moron (both pretty much being the same)

Also not 100% sure I posted this in the right place I'm not someone that posts often on forums :)

b0bst3r

Jul 29, 2019
Wood < Flint < Copper < Iron < Bronze < Steel/Diamond < Obsidian < Ardite < Cobalt < Manyullyn

Plus adding a mob head gives picks a boost up levels.

The above is for the latest Iguana Tweaks, not sure what version you added.

bilbsy

Jul 29, 2019
Wood < Flint < Copper < Iron < Bronze < Steel/Diamond < Obsidian < Ardite < Cobalt < Manyullyn

Plus adding a mob head gives picks a boost up levels.

The above is for the latest Iguana Tweaks, not sure what version you added.
I added the latest iguana tweaks but I've got iron, but for bronze it says you need tin and copper, well tin is harvest level obsidian for me

rdemay91

Jul 29, 2019
I added the latest iguana tweaks but I've got iron, but for bronze it says you need tin and copper, well tin is harvest level obsidian for me
That seems like something is wrong but there are work a rounds like the ore berry bushes that can give you copper and tin to make bronze

bilbsy

Jul 29, 2019
I tried to add a creeper head to iron pick but it rejects it, It has modifiers on it as well unless that's the wrong way of adding it (iguana tweaks doesn't seem to have much of explanation to be honest)

bilbsy

Jul 29, 2019
I used tin berry bush now xD but obsidian has a mining level of manulyn but it worked to mine it with obsidian so I'm so confused :')

Loxinnightwalker

Jul 29, 2019
Have you leveled up your tools? I play magic farm 2 a lot and the levels of tools can change what it can mine in that pack.

bilbsy

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah they are all fully leveled it seems like a lot of the ores are a little messed up just with this pack

tedyhere

Jul 29, 2019
Since you added it yourself you can edit the mining levels in the configs with no issues.

tedyhere

Jul 29, 2019
If you are using a newer version there should be a file in config\IguanaTinkerTweaks called BlockOverride.cfg This is where you can change the harvestability levels of blocks. If you want something like MagicFarm2 levels.

Code:
generaloredict {
    I:Aluminium=0
    I:Aluminum=0
    I:AluminumBrass=1
    I:Ardite=10
    I:CertusQuartz=6
    I:Coal=2
    I:Cobalt=11
    I:Copper=1
    I:Diamond=8
    I:Electrum=7
    I:Emerald=4
    I:Gold=3
    I:Invar=5
    I:Iron=1
    I:Lapis=4
    I:Lead=3
    I:Manyullyn=12
    I:Mithril=5
    I:NaturalAluminum=1
    I:Nickel=2
    I:Obsidian=9
    I:Platinum=8   
    I:Quartz=6   
    I:Redstone=3  
    I:Shard=1   
    I:Silver=4  
    I:Steel=3  
    I:Tin=4   
    I:Yellorite=6
    I:Zinc=3
}

You would put that in under the generaloredict heading. Of course you can adjust it as you see fit.

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
My problem after adding Iguana Tweaks to Infinity: I became obsessed with levelling my tools to the exclusion of all else! :D

I'd decide it was time to go to bed but then had to see what that one next upgrade was going to be... I ended up disabling IT for now.

bilbsy

Jul 29, 2019
My problem after adding Iguana Tweaks to Infinity: I became obsessed with levelling my tools to the exclusion of all else! :D

I'd decide it was time to go to bed but then had to see what that one next upgrade was going to be... I ended up disabling IT for now.

See I only get like 6 levels and then it's done and doesn't level anymore :/

If you are using a newer version there should be a file in config\IguanaTinkerTweaks called BlockOverride.cfg This is where you can change the harvestability levels of blocks. If you want something like MagicFarm2 levels.

You would put that in under the generaloredict heading. Of course you can adjust it as you see fit.

I don't seem to be able to find any of this but I feel like the issue with the direwolf20 pack is that they change which mod ores generate which then changes the harvesting level... I might just try a different pack that has them working :p

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
Iguana's seemed ok in Infinity, as I didn't have to change anything... You'd just have to get used to the different Minable material progression. Heck, the first upgrade to my very first flint pick was "Silky" :D

In DW20 I would have to upgrade TConstruct at the least, and I really don't want to do that while I'm using the DW20 Let's Play videos to pick up subtle little hints about the pack.

rdemay91

Jul 29, 2019
I added iguana tweaks to my infinity pack for single player just for fun. Problem is I already had made stone tools with tinkers. That's not bad but I used the configs from me4 and I got a stone pick that could mine obsidian super fast from leveling it up and getting redstone and leveled up extremely quickly 171 blocks each time per level. Slightly op cause just mining underground and I could repair it on the go with cobble.

Tenshi no Shi

Jul 29, 2019
So I am running into something similar. I added Iguana Tweaks to Infinity and the mining level of each pickaxe head is equal to the material to make it. Meaning that flint = stone, copper = copper, etc. meaning that it is impossible to mine the next material for a new pickaxe head.

bilbsy

Jul 29, 2019
Generally they gain a level after leveling your pick once, it also loses 5% each level you get depending on the iguana tweaks you downloaded

Tenshi no Shi

Jul 29, 2019
Okay, I figured I was missing something, since I have not had this problem before. Thank you.

Edit: Nope levelling it up did not seem to do anything. When I have used this mod before the pick head always was one level higher then material it was made out of. ie flint = copper, copper = iron, iron = tin, bronze = obsidian, obsidian = ardite.

Did they change this for the latest version of Iguana Tweaks?

Last edited: