If you was forced to play vanilla and only 1 other mod...

Reddis

Jul 29, 2019
what would it be? (no mods +that mod's addons)

For me it would be a toss up between tinker's construct or enderio.

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
Thaumcraft. Its one of the few mods that has a little bit of all the quality of life improvements I couldnt play without such as fast walking/step assist, easy tree chopping, automation, item sorting, flight and choosing your own enchantments.

Reactions: LunariusH

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Huh. Its weird, we see a variation of this thread every few months but this one's worded just right that I can't say "NEI" immediately.

It would have to be a content mod for me. I wanna say Gregtech, but I can't imagine doing it without NEI. So I'll say Thaumcraft since it has recipes and stuff built into a book for me.

edit: my preference was ninja'd by epidimia who is therefore a jerk.

Nath

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah I think I'd have to go for thaumcraft too it adds so much depth and convince without making the game too unbalanced.

RenzosNips

Jul 29, 2019
Probably Mekanism. Or @McJty wand mod that I can't remember the name of, for the builders wand, free torch wand, and the equal trade wand.

bigyihsuan

Jul 29, 2019
Inventory Tweaks. I can't stand watching modded let's plays with Inventory Tweaks installed and the player doesn't use it...

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
Inventory Tweaks. I can't stand watching modded let's plays with Inventory Tweaks installed and the player doesn't use it...

What the actual???
This is the most annoying mod I have ever encountered. Who the hell wants something that moves their inventory around randomly? Anyone with a modicum of self organization is going to have items in their inventory according to some plan, some plan that Inventory Tweaks retarded logic will not know.
If we turned the question around and said, "There is a (somehow stable) modpack that has all 1,0000,000 forge mods in it - Which one would you remove?" Inventory Tweaks would be my answer. This is the most intrusive and hence least desirable mod of them all.

Last edited:
Reactions: immibis

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
What the actual???
This is the most annoying mod I have ever encountered. Who the hell wants something that moved their inventory around randomly? Anyone with a modicum of self orginization is going to have items in their inventory according to some plan, some plan that Inventory Tweaks redarded logic will not know.
If we turned the question around and said, "There is a (somehow stable) modpack that has all 1,0000,000 forge mods in it - Which one would you remove?" Inventory Tweaks would be my answer. This is the most intrusive and hence least desirable mod of them all.
I'm 99% sure you could have found a way to phrase this a bit less like an attack on someone's subjective preference...

Reactions: immibis

McJty

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
May 13, 2014
twitter.com
What the actual???
This is the most annoying mod I have ever encountered. Who the hell wants something that moved their inventory around randomly? Anyone with a modicum of self orginization is going to have items in their inventory according to some plan, some plan that Inventory Tweaks redarded logic will not know.

I very much do like Inv Tweaks refilling my stack of whatever building block when I'm placing tons of the same block. I also love it when my broken sword gets automatically replaced with my replacement sword when I'm in combat and have no time to go search for that other sword quickly.

Reactions: RedBoss and Pyure

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
I very much do like Inv Tweaks refilling my stack of whatever building block when I'm placing tons of the same block. I also love it when my broken sword gets automatically replaced with my replacement sword when I'm in combat and have no time to go search for that other sword quickly.

Forestry Backpacks, and does that ever happen?