If you could con a Dev for one thing....

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

ThemsAllTook

Jul 29, 2019
I keep a list of this sort of thing in case I ever get around to finishing the mod I started ages ago and want to add them. Here are a few items from it:

- Opaque non-solid blocks
- A quicker-drawing bow (whether an entirely new item made from more expensive materials, or an enchantment for the existing wooden bow)
- A player decoy item, which could be used to activate spawners, keep chunks loaded, attract the attention of monsters, etc.
- A throwable light source. I know there's the moonworm queen from Twilight Forest, but it's gross. :)
- Some way to place blocks in midair, kinda like the ice rod in Terraria

I'm really only familiar with the mods that are included with the FTB Mindcrack/Ultimate mod packs, so there might already be others out there that cover these things...

GPuzzle

Jul 29, 2019
More modules for SC2 (that interact with other mods) and animal breeding. Like sheeps and pigs breeding togheter, wolfs and cows... Kinda like tree/bee/butterfly breeding.

Reactions: giesergast

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
Immibis microblocks are for everything and better so yeah
They may be for everything, but they're exceedingly glitchy and frequently go invisible.[DOUBLEPOST=1370287204][/DOUBLEPOST]
More modules for SC2 (that interact with other mods) and animal breeding. Like sheeps and pigs breeding togheter, wolfs and cows... Kinda like tree/bee/butterfly breeding.
SC now has an exotic module, which lets it plant other mods trees/plants

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
- Opaque non-solid blocks
PowerCraft has this in the form of hologram blocks. Craft the hologram block itself, and then craft it with whatever block you want it to take the appearance of, and bam, invisible, solid, insubstantial wall for hidden entrances, pitfalls, and other nice things!

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
I read what you wrote before, but thats a very strange way of saying it.. I didn't know what the hell you were on about until just now

Sorry, I have a bad habit of writing the file name instead of the actual mod name from doing support and building modpacks...

Edit: quote worked ftw!

the_j485

King of the Wicked
Dec 19, 2012
Look behind you
- A throwable light source. I know there's the moonworm queen from Twilight Forest, but it's gross. :)

- Magelights in Ars Magica and lux capacitors from MMMPS.
- Angel block from extra utilities.

ForJagler

Jul 29, 2019
A throwable light source. I know there's the moonworm queen from Twilight Forest, but it's gross. :)
Thaumic Tinkerer adds Gaseous Glowstone , they aint blocks and they light the area pretty awesome

Fuzzlewhumper

Jul 29, 2019
Extra Utilities has blackout curtains that might fit the first one. Also Modular Power Suits hand tool has luxor module that throws permanent light sources around by right clicking.

ThemsAllTook

Jul 29, 2019
Neat. Guess that all trims my list down to the quick-drawing bow and player decoy. I'll have to install some of the mods you guys have mentioned and try them out...

PeggleFrank

Jul 29, 2019
Modular powercarts.

You put batteries into them and they get a little computercraft programmable flight computer that you can setup so they can turn on helicopter blades and drain EU from a lithium battery and then they can fly around and pick up mobs with giant extendable claws and stuff, with electromagnets that you can deploy to pick up other carts and swing them around in some hyper-realistic physics engine.

Probably not possible at ALL in a few hours, but whatever. Some people work fast.

Realistic player-turtles. They're turtles but entities and they look like players so you can program them to run and sprint and swim and fly and stuff.

Also, I want computercraft to use EU or MJ, and I want EU/MJ outlets that you can attach to walls.

I want some kind of player API modular power suits integration, so we can look really cool while we're flying with the power suit, and also so we can go into a kind of laying-on-our-backs-and-gliding sort of state when we're gliding (because TBH it looks stupid just crouching and flying).

Shouldn't be too hard to do that last one.