If you could add one thing to any mod...?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Type1Ninja

Jul 29, 2019
LOL - sometimes the older stuff is better. I personally like the Twilight Forest. I don't do the bosses and what not - what I like is the environment that he has created. I like exploring and finding things. Oh, and it is an awesome mining world.
Yeah. Treehouses are awesome, but they're MORE awesome in a Midnight Oak. :D

Reactions: RamblinWreckGT

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
Long range AE wifi? Well thats do-able right now. multple wireless access points spread around.
Wait? So do wireless access points connect to other access points now? Like not in form of a portable access terminal?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
Um, no. That would completely subvert the quantum network bridge.
OK so wireless long range transmission of ae networks is not a thing.
So I can't set up a drive and link it 20 blocks away to a terminal.

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
OK so wireless long range transmission of ae networks is not a thing.
So I can't set up a drive and link it 20 blocks away to a terminal.

It is a thing. You just do it with quantum network tunnels. Which like P2P networks look intimidating, but (proably*) are not really.

* I havn't actually made one yet as I've never needed it. And I despise builds that require chunkloaders

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
I know, the only daunting thing about quantum link tunnels is the sheer amount of matter needed for the singularity. Which is remedied by spamming cobble gens. But you kind of feel like a rube when you use them for 20-60 block distances.
What I'd lile is a mini quantum link, save the big ones for inter dimensional transfer.

Reactions: immibis

RamblinWreckGT

Jul 29, 2019
Oh, and it is an awesome mining world.
I can only ever manually mine in there; in Ultimate I made the horrible mistake of bringing in my IC2 mining drill and chainsaw, and as soon as a cute little bunny hopped by while I was chainsawing a tree I felt like the bad guys in Fern Gully. I can't imagine how much worse it would have been if I tried what some people do and quarry out a Hollow Hill.

I'd be fine using the Ender Quarry since it doesn't leave any sort of scar, except actually going in and clearing out the hill is part of the fun for me.

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
I can only ever manually mine in there; in Ultimate I made the horrible mistake of bringing in my IC2 mining drill and chainsaw, and as soon as a cute little bunny hopped by while I was chainsawing a tree I felt like the bad guys in Fern Gully. I can't imagine how much worse it would have been if I tried what some people do and quarry out a Hollow Hill.

I'd be fine using the Ender Quarry since it doesn't leave any sort of scar, except actually going in and clearing out the hill is part of the fun for me.

You find a mining tree sapling. Plant it on top of the large hollow hill. Harvest all the ores as and when they appear on the surface.

This is the twilight forest quarry done the twilight forest way :p

skruis

Jul 29, 2019
I know, the only daunting thing about quantum link tunnels is the sheer amount of matter needed for the singularity. Which is remedied by spamming cobble gens. But you kind of feel like a rube when you use them for 20-60 block distances.
What I'd lile is a mini quantum link, save the big ones for inter dimensional transfer.

That's basically what I'm after. I don't want just want to access my me network from 200 blocks away ... I want it to be not limited by distance and an inter-dimensional portal just seems like overkill for the desired functionality. I want some sort of middle ground that negates having to run ~200 cables to connect machines to the same ME network and a long range simulated wireless network to network solution seems like a good fit. I haven't had time to test out ae2stuff yet...none of the documentation I found mentions anything about wireless mesh networks but I'll get to it this weekend.

Reactions: Type1Ninja

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
I don't know, at that distance I think a quantum tunnel bridge would be justified in my book.
Still wireless channel transmitters for medium distance would be a welcome addition.

As I mentioned though, Immersive Integration is rather helpful for long distance transmission. Not sure if it's a less costly method but it certainly takes the hassle of laying every single cable. I am under the impression that each stretch of cable will go 16ish blocks, meaning you get 4 lengths of coil for 6 fluix (recipy needs 4 fluix crystal and 4 fliux cable), 200 block distance requires 13 lengths of wire (assumeing my estimate of 16 blocks is right), requiring 4 crafts of coil with some left over. Then you will need 14ish wire connectors which is 5 for 4.
Whereas 200 regular fluix cables would require 100 fluix crystal. 50 crafts needed 50 x 4 = 200, 50 crafts = 50 x 2 fluix (not to mention costs for the quartz fiber).

Do the calculations for dense cable and it would stack up (but most savvy AE2 players will use a P2P tunnel.)

Only problem with Immersive Integration is that it needs Immersive Engineering which is not really a problem unless you play exclusively SMP as you can't add either mod.

Starfang42

Jul 29, 2019
Basically, either a) a way to apply fortune to an IE drill, b) a way to apply fortune to a Clockwork Phase tool, or c) more advanced redstone/diamond ore processing for Mekanism. Maybe even something fortune-like for Geko's Lasers.

Basically, I'm playing FTB Horizons Daybreaker, and wish there were more high-end things for that kind of ore. Right now, there's enchanting a pickaxe (probably a bound one, so durability isn't an issue), or making a redstonic drill (which is awesome, but I like to mix things up each playthrough of a pack).

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
IE2 had an addon that allowed a high tier EU powered drill that could be enchanted, think it was Gravisuite or Advanced Machines. Not sure if that's the case now, now I think of it I might be mistaking a glitch as a feature.
Also Clockwork Phase I have read has it's own method of applying fortune on it's picks, IIRC it could be linked to using an hourglass with the correct sand. Don't quote me though I have never touched the mod past perusing the mods thread in this forum.

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
IE2 had an addon that allowed a high tier EU powered drill that could be enchanted, think it was Gravisuite or Advanced Machines. Not sure if that's the case now, now I think of it I might be mistaking a glitch as a feature.
Also Clockwork Phase I have read has it's own method of applying fortune on it's picks, IIRC it could be linked to using an hourglass with the correct sand. Don't quote me though I have never touched the mod past perusing the mods thread in this forum.
I'm not sure about fortune, but I know Clockwork Phase can handle silk touch. Once you have a source of time sand (either a fork extractor or a clockwork tool with some memory-adding components (thaumium gears, temporal gears, or CP's ancient artifacts)), you can use it to power a Chronomancer's Pocketwatch with a silk touch module (or fortune module, which I assume probably exists), which will then silk touch (or fortune) everything you mine with any tool.

Starfang42

Jul 29, 2019
I'm aware of the silk touch module, but there doesn't appear to be a fortune module. This is one of the reasons I'm kind of sad Mekanism's diamond ore processing stops at doubling.