If you could add one block what would it be... Get your block idea into my mod!

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

rungok

Jul 29, 2019
Great ideas. I like the idea of spiked heads. :D Also some sort of wall defense thingy is definitely coming maybe caltrops, barbed wire, and some sort of hidden spikes. I should be putting some more features in by tomorrow. Right now Im working on exporting objs and importing them as java so I can start having models. :p
Oh, as an attachment for the nest idea...
I think it would be awesome if you could accelerate the egg hatching process by putting a heat source near it. And if there are tamed adults nearby of the egg type being nested they would sit on it to provide a faster boost. But keep in mind, nests are flammable (at least the entry level ones should be. Perhaps you could later make phoenix nests using stone sticks and blaze rods that automatically provide the heat.

Maybe roosts too. Like rods you could put on vertical surfaces to make an out jutting perch for a phoenix to rest on.

Reactions: pizzawolf14

wolfsilver00

Jul 29, 2019
A block that spiders can't climb (There is none) so I don't need anymore stupid overhangs and to be able to build a drop mob farm without lacking spiders.
A block able to change its colors depending on strength of redstone signal.
A block that protects from projectiles (like a force field of sorts... ) in an area around it. Every projectile inside its area get's destroyed. Come with papa blaze rods.. come with papa..

wolfsilver00

Jul 29, 2019
Yus...
But make the projectiles one have 2 versions. One that costs normal but doesnt block blaze shots. Then have a second one that requires 999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999 DSUs full of DSUs full of DSUs full of stacks of blaze rods, just to troll @wolfsilver00[DOUBLEPOST=1412649691][/DOUBLEPOST]
FTFY.

You are a bad person and deserve nothing but coal in your socks.

PhoenixSmith

Jul 29, 2019
Oh, as an attachment for the nest idea...
I think it would be awesome if you could accelerate the egg hatching process by putting a heat source near it. And if there are tamed adults nearby of the egg type being nested they would sit on it to provide a faster boost. But keep in mind, nests are flammable (at least the entry level ones should be. Perhaps you could later make phoenix nests using stone sticks and blaze rods that automatically provide the heat.

Maybe roosts too. Like rods you could put on vertical surfaces to make an out jutting perch for a phoenix to rest on.

I will be making it possible to rush the Phoenix's for sure (Probably with bad/agrroed results). As far as chicken/dragon eggs I'll probably do something like what you are saying with heat sources. Im still deceiding hoew much I want Phoenix;s to be firnedly. I'm thinking untill I understand the horse code enough to ride them. :D

A block that spiders can't climb (There is none) so I don't need anymore stupid overhangs and to be able to build a drop mob farm without lacking spiders.
A block able to change its colors depending on strength of redstone signal.
A block that protects from projectiles (like a force field of sorts... ) in an area around it. Every projectile inside its area get's destroyed. Come with papa blaze rods.. come with papa..

A block that spiders cant climb needs to be done! :) I'm going to have to black list it though under vanilla code which is going to be interesting. Notch's code... :p
A block that changes color based on resdtone should be farily easy if it is done the way I think. What colors would you want? The vannila ones?

Your idea of a projectile stopper sounds awesome but I think we should go a step further. How about some blocks that when placed at eight corners (or one single block) and given RF maybe control time (with tickrate) So similar to dartcraft time torches but not so OP. So you could slow down time for blazes and speed it up for crops. And look so bullet timely awesome! But a way to protect from skeleton/blaze projectiles in the form of an item or armor is going to be coming as well.

In other news thanks for all the ideas guys! Some I can do now, some will take some time but I'm vreating a document and putting them all down for reference. I think by the end of this coding should be a piece of cake. :p

Reactions: pc_assassin

PhoenixSmith

Jul 29, 2019
You don't have to tell me twice. :p But seriously I'm just taking it one step at a time, and going at a fair, non exhaustive pace. I want to be able to adding to this mod for a long time, so that seems the best way to approach it. Theres just so many good ideas to get in game. :)

wolfsilver00

Jul 29, 2019
I will be making it possible to rush the Phoenix's for sure (Probably with bad/agrroed results). As far as chicken/dragon eggs I'll probably do something like what you are saying with heat sources. Im still deceiding hoew much I want Phoenix;s to be firnedly. I'm thinking untill I understand the horse code enough to ride them. :D

A block that spiders cant climb needs to be done! :) I'm going to have to black list it though under vanilla code which is going to be interesting. Notch's code... :p
A block that changes color based on resdtone should be farily easy if it is done the way I think. What colors would you want? The vannila ones?

Your idea of a projectile stopper sounds awesome but I think we should go a step further. How about some blocks that when placed at eight corners (or one single block) and given RF maybe control time (with tickrate) So similar to dartcraft time torches but not so OP. So you could slow down time for blazes and speed it up for crops. And look so bullet timely awesome! But a way to protect from skeleton/blaze projectiles in the form of an item or armor is going to be coming as well.

In other news thanks for all the ideas guys! Some I can do now, some will take some time but I'm vreating a document and putting them all down for reference. I think by the end of this coding should be a piece of cake. :p

Yes, I meant the vanilla colors, although just for the sake of compact circuits I would recommend making 2 blocks instead, one that goes in one direction and one that goes the other, for example, if black is the last one in one of the blocks, make it a signal 1 in the other, and we should be able to switch beetween the mode of the block by just crafting it, like, making it inverted, that way we can use the same signal for 2 colors that are opposite in the spectrum, and we'll be able to have seriously compact builds with them :) I hope what I just said is understandable ..

As for the block that spiders cant climb, I would like to see a feature like of carpenters one, to be able to "put" another block into it, so it takes on the texture of whatever you want (for aesthetics purposes only, if it's hard I don't think you should worry about it)...

As for the block with the tick rate.. As far as I know that would also lower the spawning of blazes (my idea was to use this kind of block on blazes and skeleton spawners to farm them easily) which wouldn't be an advantage :p Also I don't think tick rate applies to projectiles.. May be wrong though.. And, it would be could to be able to use enderpearls to fuel them instead of needing RF. If we are going to use RF we could just use force fields :p It could do something good about the lore too (Projectiles get teleported outside of the field as soon as they are fired, instead of destroying them, wich would also look cool as heck... But im sure that would be hard as fuck to code) :p

As for the projectile protecting armor.. What about reflecting projectiles? I think it should be easy to take on the trajectory of the projectile entity and invert it :p

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
I suddenly really like the idea of fireproof armor made from phoenix feathers. Would certainly protect against blaze shots and swimming in lava, and there's no reason you couldn't add blast or projectile protection, too, for those ghasts and skeletons. I'm not sure how much armor made of feathers that protects against explosions and arrows makes sense, but than again, magic. Probably depends on how resistant to those things you make the phoenixes themselves.

As for reflecting projectiles, the Salamander's Eye in Xeno's Reliquary does that (at least for ghast and blaze fireballs), so it certainly can be done.

PhoenixSmith

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, I meant the vanilla colors, although just for the sake of compact circuits I would recommend making 2 blocks instead, one that goes in one direction and one that goes the other, for example, if black is the last one in one of the blocks, make it a signal 1 in the other, and we should be able to switch beetween the mode of the block by just crafting it, like, making it inverted, that way we can use the same signal for 2 colors that are opposite in the spectrum, and we'll be able to have seriously compact builds with them :) I hope what I just said is understandable ..

As for the block that spiders cant climb, I would like to see a feature like of carpenters one, to be able to "put" another block into it, so it takes on the texture of whatever you want (for aesthetics purposes only, if it's hard I don't think you should worry about it)...

As for the block with the tick rate.. As far as I know that would also lower the spawning of blazes (my idea was to use this kind of block on blazes and skeleton spawners to farm them easily) which wouldn't be an advantage :p Also I don't think tick rate applies to projectiles.. May be wrong though.. And, it would be could to be able to use enderpearls to fuel them instead of needing RF. If we are going to use RF we could just use force fields :p It could do something good about the lore too (Projectiles get teleported outside of the field as soon as they are fired, instead of destroying them, wich would also look cool as heck... But im sure that would be hard as fuck to code) :p

As for the projectile protecting armor.. What about reflecting projectiles? I think it should be easy to take on the trajectory of the projectile entity and invert it :p

Ah good point about slowing down the tick rate. Redstone circuitry mechanics are obscure to me coding but I will look into them. I think carpenters blocks are on github. :p Hopefully I can learn from that mod. The idea of projectile reflective armor sounds awesome, I definitely need to look into that.
I suddenly really like the idea of fireproof armor made from phoenix feathers. Would certainly protect against blaze shots and swimming in lava, and there's no reason you couldn't add blast or projectile protection, too, for those ghasts and skeletons. I'm not sure how much armor made of feathers that protects against explosions and arrows makes sense, but than again, magic. Probably depends on how resistant to those things you make the phoenixes themselves.

As for reflecting projectiles, the Salamander's Eye in Xeno's Reliquary does that (at least for ghast and blaze fireballs), so it certainly can be done.
Phoenix feather armor would probably come out with insane enchants since getting a full sett will take forever. Defeintly no fire damage, probably no explosive and something along the lines of almost unhurtable protection. And maybe the durability would repair over time? Thanks for telling me about xenos reliquary. Getting started with this referencing other mods is so helpful.

rungok

Jul 29, 2019
Ah good point about slowing down the tick rate. Redstone circuitry mechanics are obscure to me coding but I will look into them. I think carpenters blocks are on github. :p Hopefully I can learn from that mod. The idea of projectile reflective armor sounds awesome, I definitely need to look into that.

Phoenix feather armor would probably come out with insane enchants since getting a full sett will take forever. Defeintly no fire damage, probably no explosive and something along the lines of almost unhurtable protection. And maybe the durability would repair over time? Thanks for telling me about xenos reliquary. Getting started with this referencing other mods is so helpful.

If you're going to have the Phoenix armor be crafted and come out with enchantments in place I would suggest some thematic ones then:
Immune to fire/lava
Half damage from explosions since some if it is the force of the blast.
No fall damage (made from Phoenix feathers, yes?)
AND the best idea I have, which I know not how to code it, would be to have it regen health AND durability... but only while on fire!

Strikingwolf

Jul 29, 2019
AND the best idea I have, which I know not how to code it, would be to have it regen health AND durability... but only while on fire!
I could do that :p. It would be pretty easy actually. I may make some code for that and send it to PhoenixSmith

Reactions: rungok

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
If you're going to have the Phoenix armor be crafted and come out with enchantments in place I would suggest some thematic ones then:
Immune to fire/lava
Half damage from explosions since some if it is the force of the blast.
No fall damage (made from Phoenix feathers, yes?)
Congratulations, you've just created Nether-proof armor! I really like you last idea, though... reminds me of powering Modular Powersuits (with the thermal generator from MPSA) by swimming in lava. It would have to prevent fire damage, but not actually extinguish you or any fires around you, to work well.

Hmm... maybe, instead of each piece coming with lots of high-level enchantments, each could have a different enchantment. Maybe the boots would have Feather Falling, the helmet the fire-regen thing, the chestplate blast protection, and the leggings... something else. Fire protection and the fire-repair thing could go on all of them.

I guess blast protection from feathers does make sense- they're all light and fluffy, and might absorb some of it. Not to say that something heavier, like iron, might not work better, but like I said earlier, magic.

Oh, another thing, Twilight Forest adds a "Fiery Aura" enchantment to some of its armor, which sets enemies on fire when they attack you. Sort of like vanilla Thorns, but more burny. Might fit on the Phoenix-leggings, if nobody has any better ideas.

Perhaps wearing the full set could also offer some additional benefits, in addition to the individual effects from each piece. Maybe this is where the fire-regen and fire-repair fit best.

Strikingwolf

Jul 29, 2019
Congratulations, you've just created Nether-proof armor! I really like you last idea, though... reminds me of powering Modular Powersuits (with the thermal generator from MPSA) by swimming in lava. It would have to prevent fire damage, but not actually extinguish you or any fires around you, to work well.

Hmm... maybe, instead of each piece coming with lots of high-level enchantments, each could have a different enchantment. Maybe the boots would have Feather Falling, the helmet the fire-regen thing, the chestplate blast protection, and the leggings... something else. Fire protection and the fire-repair thing could go on all of them.

I guess blast protection from feathers does make sense- they're all light and fluffy, and might absorb some of it. Not to say that something heavier, like iron, might not work better, but like I said earlier, magic.

Oh, another thing, Twilight Forest adds a "Fiery Aura" enchantment to some of its armor, which sets enemies on fire when they attack you. Sort of like vanilla Thorns, but more burny. Might fit on the Phoenix-leggings, if nobody has any better ideas.

Perhaps wearing the full set could also offer some additional benefits, in addition to the individual effects from each piece. Maybe this is where the fire-regen and fire-repair fit best.
OMG all of this I could do pretty much :p

steve g

Jul 29, 2019
couple of neat ideas:

an 'invisible block' to place redstone, rails, things that normally wont stay unless placed on a solid block. or somehow make new versions that can be placed in midair, like the angel block from extra utilities. if you go with the invisible block idea, have it so when you are holding it in your hand, you can actually see the blocks, but they disappear once you switch out the block from your hand.

another neat one: pistons with configurable extension lengths/delays. i say delays as well, because it would make building redstone machines/doors/etc much more compact if the delays were integrated into the pistons themselves. have a visual indicator on the back or sides that show how many ticks it will take before extending/retracting. hell you could do it like ender chests, use the color codes to specify delays, just like you set the channel an ender chest is on.

even better, use the color coding to specify length and delay. ender chests have 3 slots for color channels, use 2 on the pistons. first one to set length, second to set delay. use the color to define the length/delay, like black = 0, white = 15, etc. for bonus cool points, use the 3rd channel, let it define a delay for retraction after piston redstone signal is removed.

call them ender pistons ;)

Last edited:

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
couple of neat ideas:

an 'invisible block' to place redstone, rails, things that normally wont stay unless placed on a solid block. or somehow make new versions that can be placed in midair, like the angel block from extra utilities. if you go with the invisible block idea, have it so when you are holding it in your hand, you can actually see the blocks, but they disappear once you switch out the block from your hand.
You mean like Vanilla barriers, but obtainable and breakable in Survival?

another neat one: pistons with configurable extension lengths/delays. i say delays as well, because it would make building redstone machines/doors/etc much more compact if the delays were integrated into the pistons themselves. have a visual indicator on the back or sides that show how many ticks it will take before extending/retracting. hell you could do it like ender chests, use the color codes to specify delays, just like you set the channel an ender chest is on.

even better, use the color coding to specify length and delay. ender chests have 3 slots for color channels, use 2 on the pistons. first one to set length, second to set delay. use the color to define the length/delay, like black = 0, white = 15, etc. for bonus cool points, use the 3rd channel, let it define a delay for retraction after piston redstone signal is removed.

call them ender pistons ;)
Or phoenix pistons... because PhoenixCraft. I like the idea, though.

I remember trying to make a vertical elevator with pistons in Vanilla, and eventually giving up. If I were to write a mod to make that easier, I would probably add sticky pistons that act like redstone repeaters when extended, don't retract if there's an extended piston in front of them, and can pull 12 or so sticky pistons and the blocks in front of them backward when they retract. That way, if you build a column of them and power the bottom, they all extend and retract as a unit.

DeathOfTime

Jul 29, 2019
Light block that can be disguised as any other block. Would work like a carpenter block I guess. Yet keep producing all the light as normal. Doesn't glow , or whatever, just produces light.

Maybe add a note block to that too. Can disguise a note block as any other block.