If you could add one block what would it be... Get your block idea into my mod!

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

PhoenixSmith

Jul 29, 2019
couple of neat ideas:

an 'invisible block' to place redstone, rails, things that normally wont stay unless placed on a solid block. or somehow make new versions that can be placed in midair, like the angel block from extra utilities. if you go with the invisible block idea, have it so when you are holding it in your hand, you can actually see the blocks, but they disappear once you switch out the block from your hand.

another neat one: pistons with configurable extension lengths/delays. i say delays as well, because it would make building redstone machines/doors/etc much more compact if the delays were integrated into the pistons themselves. have a visual indicator on the back or sides that show how many ticks it will take before extending/retracting. hell you could do it like ender chests, use the color codes to specify delays, just like you set the channel an ender chest is on.

even better, use the color coding to specify length and delay. ender chests have 3 slots for color channels, use 2 on the pistons. first one to set length, second to set delay. use the color to define the length/delay, like black = 0, white = 15, etc. for bonus cool points, use the 3rd channel, let it define a delay for retraction after piston redstone signal is removed.

call them ender pistons ;)

I actually already added an invisible block just like that, without the midair thing. It's also explosive proof. :D I'll see what I can do with the angel block thing.

The pistons sound really nice, but I don't think I can code them just yet. :( I want to make some cool pistons though, since the vannila ones are so bad at least when I use them. ;)

Light block that can be disguised as any other block. Would work like a carpenter block I guess. Yet keep producing all the light as normal. Doesn't glow , or whatever, just produces light.

Maybe add a note block to that too. Can disguise a note block as any other block.

Both of these seem useful and doable. For the invisible light source what if the bound size was quite small like a centered invisible micro-block nook?
Ooooh, yes, I like this idea.

One of my own ideas:
Camo Blocks (Like ICBM camo blocks), but they block light (IE. If there is a torch behind it, you arent going to see light coming out from the camoflauged part). Or maybe have the light-block/pass abilitiy be dependant on a redstone signal?

Like carpenters blocks?[DOUBLEPOST=1413209368][/DOUBLEPOST]
I could do that :p. It would be pretty easy actually. I may make some code for that and send it to PhoenixSmith

Any code you would like to contribute is awesome, and I will credit you for it. The whole feather armor idea is still a ways in the future, since the birdsa re coming latter, but if you can help with that code now thats awesome.

kaovalin

Jul 29, 2019
Light block that can be disguised as any other block. Would work like a carpenter block I guess. Yet keep producing all the light as normal. Doesn't glow , or whatever, just produces light.

Maybe add a note block to that too. Can disguise a note block as any other block.
Not that I want to reduce options, but you can get this effect with glowstone microblocks hidden behind the blocks you want to see.

Strikingwolf

Jul 29, 2019
Any code you would like to contribute is awesome, and I will credit you for it. The whole feather armor idea is still a ways in the future, since the birdsa re coming latter, but if you can help with that code now thats awesome.
I may when the PT finishes...a small little project. I will wait till then. Should be within the week, and I should be able to do it thursday. If not then then next monday

PhoenixSmith

Jul 29, 2019
I may when the PT finishes...a small little project. I will wait till then. Should be within the week, and I should be able to do it thursday. If not then then next monday

Take all the time you want, like I said the birds are not coming for a while yet. Also working on the invisible lamp today. Should be able to show it off by tonight. Im working on camo lamps as well.

Last edited:

Strikingwolf

Jul 29, 2019
Take all the time you want, like I said the birds are not coming for a while yet. Also working on the invisible lamp today. Should be able to show it off by tonight.
I'll probably put in the backend for it (i.e. not registering the armor and such)

PhoenixSmith

Jul 29, 2019
Yea, I actually have register classes that are called for ease of use, but you can handle it how you like. I can register them latter if you want.

KurShedir

Jul 29, 2019
If I remember correctly, you can already do that with Mariculture.

PhoenixSmith

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, I bet you could feel it climbing up your body, untill you couldnt contain it.

Oh dear... :D Also I got the invis light working, only problem is it is centered on the right had corner not the middle. Should just a tad more work to get it functioning and then a recipe.

PhoenixSmith

Jul 29, 2019
So how bright should the invis-light be? At the moment it is about the level of glowstone. Im thinking of making it brighter. The crafting recipe eill probably be glass and a torch or something semi-easy.

HeilMewTwo

Jul 29, 2019
So how bright should the invis-light be? At the moment it is about the level of glowstone. Im thinking of making it brighter. The crafting recipe eill probably be glass and a torch or something semi-easy.
If you actually use a torch to craft it it might as well be the same light level as a torch.

HeilMewTwo

Jul 29, 2019
Sun light level is 15...
15 to the 15th power is
4.3789389e+17...
we need 4.3789389e+17 light level to the billionth power (Because DSU maths)
Not enough! We make it so that it doubles in brightness whenever you add a phoenix feather to it!

HeilMewTwo

Jul 29, 2019
And make it auto add a phoenix feather whenever it gets above light level -99999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999

>:3
I think it would always be above a negative light level. :p