Jul 29, 2019
No of Players: 20
Average No of players connected: 10 - 15
Mods disabled: none
Items disabled: nuke, mystcraft description books
Host (if you host from home put "self"): Creeperhost
RAM in server: 8192MB
CPU's in server: 5 cores
Lag Scale (See below): 1 (sometimes 2 but then a restart fixes it)
Comments (your experience so far): so far no problem, everyone has been very happy with the server, a couple of griefers have come on but dealt with swiftly :)

Deadlyapples

Jul 29, 2019
No of Players: 25 Slots - 25 Players On Whitelist
Average No of players connected: 5 - 8
Mods disabled: None
Items disabled: None
Host (if you host from home put "self"): Self
RAM in server: 4 GB
CPU's in server: 16 at 2.66Ghz
Lag Scale (See below): 4 - 6
Comments (your experience so far): Some times there is no lag and sometimes its quite bad. On occasions players must disconnect to be able to chat as that seems to break every so often. The server has also suffered from tick rate issues from the start. Mobs, machines and players stutter around almost like it is loading at 1 Frame per second. But NOT fps lag.

Running on a Mac - Nephealm 2009 Model. Latest OSX + Java.

Phat32

Jul 29, 2019
No of Players: 100 slot - 166 connections, no whitelist
Average No of players connected: 20-30
Mods disabled: Portal gun
Host (if you host from home put "self"): Peer1 dedicated host
RAM in server: 24GB on the server, FTB has access to 10GB
CPU's in server: dual hex cores with hyper threading at 2.66Ghz
Lag Scale (See below): 1-3
Comments (your experience so far): Over all it has been fine. There is some block lag when some users make a new big object. One major issue is the lack of block logging, we have had some griefers just come through and we have no way to track them.

lukiono

Jul 29, 2019
No of Players: 5
Average No of players connected: 3-5
Items disabled: Portalgun Moon Shot
Host: Own Dedicated Server at datacenter
RAM in server: 10G for FTB reserved
CPU's in server: Octocore 2,4Ghz
Lag Scale: 1-2
Comments: Only on generating new dimensions are very short lags. But no crashes or machine lags. very stable at the moment

SphinX

Jul 29, 2019
No of Players: Roughly 40 whitelisted.
Average No of players connected: 5-10
Mods disabled: None.
Items disabled: World Anchors / any chunk loaders.
Host (if you host from home put "self"): Multiplay.co.uk (AU Server)
RAM in server: 2GB
CPU's in server: Unsure
Lag Scale (See below): 1-3 players = 20TPS, 4-5 = 10TPS, 5-10 = 1-2TPS
Comments (your experience so far): We are currently in the process of getting a VDS (not to be confused with VPS), as the server ours is hosted on is unable to handle more than 3-4 players comfortably, due to numerous other servers hosted on the same box. We have shrunk the player chunk loading area in half, but unfortunately it cannot handle modded minecraft.

edit: Now have a VDS, and even with 16 mystcraft ages containing at least 1 world anchor, and 4 quarries loading at least 50 chunks in the overworld, our server runs perfectly. Our only TPS drops are when multiple nukes are detonated, and that is for around 1 minute maximum before the server catches up.

GunnerWolf

Jul 29, 2019
No of Players: 10 slots, 37 players whitelisted, 2 players banned
Average No of players connected: 6
Items disabled: None (Configs Broken, can't disable nukes/iTNT)
Host (if you host from home put "self"): Mineocity
RAM in server: 1GB Dedicated
CPU's in server: Quad Core shared with other servers
Lag Scale (See below): 2 (No lag for europeans, some west coast US members have up to 500 ping sometimes, although it is rare.)
Comments (your experience so far): Really good, Mineocity offer FTB specific hosting plans very cheap which I really like, I used to use EpicHostsUK but the lag was horrible and I had more downtime than uptime.

Ryat

Jul 29, 2019
No of Players: 100+
Average No of players connected: 10 - 20
Mods disabled: Mystcraft and Portal Gun
Items disabled: Nuke, Quarry, All Anchors
RAM in server: 16GB
CPU's in server:6 Hexcore 3.8
Lag Scale (See below): 6
Comments (your experience so far): I'm confused to where the lag is coming from. We had some guys trolling with world anchors and mystworld causing lag before i ditched the mods and I'm not sure if they are doing it again with another mod. Attached is my debug file. We had no lag what so ever until people started using Mystworld. Since then its been laggy and I can't seem to pin point the issue. Not sure if Mystcraft is leaving a residual issue or not.

Attachments

• Debug.txt
    6.3 KB · Views: 69

TempestCraft

Jul 29, 2019
No of Players: 40
Average No of players connected: 35 - 40
Mods disabled: Mystcraft
Items disabled: Mining Laser, Portal Gun
Host (if you host from home put "self"): nfoservers.com
RAM in server: 16gb
CPU's in server: four physical 3.4ghz cores on QPI + hyperthreading + turbo->3.8ghz
Lag Scale (See below): 5 - 8 (8 is only when people use lots of mining turtles and such)
Comments (your experience so far): Well these comments are from my players on the server.
<pooloppol> best ftb out there
<poopsmgee> Best server out there
<Warhawker> Well managed, Could use more cpu speed
<bojax> I feel it is the best server there is yet
<Albuca> Its fast
Some of my British and Australian users have said they get little lag also one of my players in Spain, I can't remember their usernames

Munkeywaxx

Jul 29, 2019
No of Players: 40 whitelisted (roughly)
Average No of players connected: 7-15
Mods disabled:none.
Items disabled:none.
Host (if you host from home put "self"): self/KickAssCPS.com
RAM in server:self = 8GB VPS = 3GB
CPU's in server: self = 4 VPS = 3
Lag Scale (See below): self 2 VPS 4
Comments (your experience so far): its been verry eventfull, but i wouldnt recommend this host. purely because of the cost. however, with 3GB RAM on the VPS and 7 worlds active i think it did pretty well considering the ammount of memory involved in hosting a 7 world server.

For Lag Scale - 1 is no lag whatsoever by any player, 10 is unplayable, score yourself 5 or less if you can break blocks with no delay. Only score yourself a 2 or less if no one who plays on your server ever complains of lag.

Sp0nge

Jul 29, 2019
This thread is now starting to get old, so it would be really interesting of people quoted theyre own posts, and made a new evaluation of theyre server. Ofc, if the map is resetted, that has to be added. What also should been in the OP was how old (or date of creating the map) the server is. As that should be considered as rather usefull info aswell.

QueWhat

Jul 29, 2019
No of Players: 100+ (whitelisted, 25 slots)
Average No of players connected: 10
Items disabled: Descriptive Book
Host (if you host from home put "self"): CreeperHost.net
RAM in server: 2 GB, Dedicated
CPU's in server: 2 Cores, Dedicated
Lag Scale (See below): 3
Comments (your experience so far): I would highly recommend CreeperHost. Before, I used HostLegend but their service was poor and their CP has several issues as well as frequent downtime and poor RAM allocation. CreeperHost has a lot of great features built into the CP and server such as auto-start when the server crashes. I've had a great experience and so have the players.
Age Of Server: Started FTB Novermber 25th 2012 (more or less), but we were a Tekkit server since 10/26/2012.
Age of World: Recently generated a new world (5 days?) since we switched hosts.

For Lag Scale - 1 is no lag whatsoever by any player, 10 is unplayable, score yourself 5 or less if you can break blocks with no delay. Only score yourself a 2 or less if no one who plays on your server ever complains of lag.

Michael Banks

Jul 29, 2019
No of Players: In my world/players folder there are 2224
Average No of players connected: Around 30+
Mods disabled: MystCraft, PortalGun Mod, Advanced Machines
Items disabled: Nukes, Mining Lasers, Rolling Machine, World Anchor
Host (if you host from home put "self"): Creeperhost
RAM in server: 5.25GB
CPU's in server: 4 cores (8 threads)
Lag Scale (See below): 3 (Not as many complaints since upgrade)
Comments (your experience so far): The "forestry creative germling" issue really annoys me. I have a weird issue where every so often the server itself stops responding to commands, stops ticks (animals moving etc.) but chat still works. The lack of ability to have rank prefixes annoys me, and the lack of a forge plugin central repository also annoys me. It is an absolute pain trying to get hold of basic administration/protection plugins. Apart from that, it's nice to have a mod-pack which works in 1.4 and doesn't cause client-side performance issues.

samip537

Jul 29, 2019
No of Players: 10 (Whitelisted and There are only 8 players slots atm)
Average No of players connected: 2
Mods disabled: Mystcraft mostly and Twilight Forest
Items disabled: Mystcraft notebooks,Agebooks and denseore symbol from it
Host (if you host from home put "self"):self
RAM in server: 4Gb
CPU's in server: 3 (Its AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 925 Processor)
Lag Scale (See below): 3 (Server is in DE but i'm in FI so its just little latency lag for me sometimes)
Comments (your experience so far): Pretty good,It has some issues with crashing but thats all (Needs daily restart and i don't know why)

zhiv

Jul 29, 2019
Server Name: Noble-Craft FTB
Server URL: ftb.noble-craft.net
Whitelisted: No
No of Players: 20-50
Average No of players connected: 7-12
Mods disabled: -none-
Items disabled: Nuke TNT, TNT Placement, Terraformers, Fillers
Host (if you host from home put "self"): Dedicated Machine
RAM in server: 4GB
CPU's in server: 1 (8 Cores)
Lag Scale (See below): 3 - We get lag sometimes, but it's usually due to someone exploring the map with flying armor.
Comments (your experience so far): We are using FTB Ultimate 1.0.2 and the only issue we have is sometimes there's a client disconnect. I'm still investigating it, but it usually happens if you type in chat, then try to type again.

Extra Mods/Plugins: ForgeEssentials (Latest Build), TreeCapitator, BukkitForge (Latest Build), Votifier, Buycraft, SimpleVoteListener, coming soon: MCJobs

McSick

Jul 29, 2019
No of Players: 6
Average No of players connected: 4
RAM in server: 32Gb total, 10Gb for server
CPU's in server: 4
Lag Scale (See below): 3
Comments (your experience so far): Wanted something similar to tekkit but more fair so me and my friends decided to try this. On my personal machine I experienced some lag once when deploying like 15-20 nukes at once but was fine when I went away from area. My friends have some lag but seems to be more client side issues with their computers not being good enough. Right now just destroying server since we plan to start anew with RP2 coming (hopefully) in the next release.

GoldBattle

Jul 29, 2019
This is by far the most useful thread I have found. Amazing stuff and thank you so much for those who posted. Thanks!

Munkeywaxx

Jul 29, 2019
Since my last post i have changed.

No of Players: 56 whitelisted
Average No of players connected: 5-15
Mods disabled: none
Items disabled: none
Host (if you host from home put "self"): CreeperHost
RAM in server: 4GB
CPU's in server: 3
Lag Scale (See below): 1
Comments (your experience so far):
I have been with this host for about a month, and i would highly recommend this host.
The reasong for this being;
Customer support is spot on! (although at times it may take a little longer than expected for staff to reply to support tickets)
During the first week @ creeperhost, i had to ask about a few new features to me, and they explained them with positivity.
All round great host for the FTB ModPacks, they know what they're doing and are quite friendly when it comes to the serious issues (that you think) are happening with server software/hardware.

Sp0nge

Jul 29, 2019
Modpack: MindCrack
No of Players: 2245 (ofc not all are active, open server = lots of tryouts)
Average No of players connected: 20-25 weekdays, 45-50+ on weekends
Mods disabled: Portalgun (bugged to death), ComputerCraft (drains CPU and to easy imo), Omnitools (bugged and ruins our balance)
Items disabled: Rainmaker, and a few nerfs to explosive stuff for safety only (and them pesky asshatters wanna just wreckstuff
Host (if you host from home put "self"): N/A (it really should not matter)
RAM in server: 12 Gig current
CPU's in server: 8 (6 given to the MindCrack modpack)
Lag Scale (See below): 1-2 (depends on deadlocks)

Comments (your experience so far): My experience so far? That most of the post in this thread were only to promote themselfe. Really ... most servers were brand new when making this, and of course those have ""0" lag. Other stuff that i really havent learned, its something everyone allready should know, and that is that "this is internett". Having a server give you all sorts of players, greifers, exploiters, techguys, noobs, combinations of all, devs, other admins ... etc etc.

Its always you as owner that sets how you want your server to be, without the fundations, the house you build ontop will crumble really fast.

And some FTB exp, not knowing anything about running a modded server might be tricky if not using the forums. Knowing the mods, and perhaps bits of code aswell really helps out. FTB made me play again, i havent really played MC for almost 2 years now, since it wasnt "as fun anymore".

brandon706

Jul 29, 2019
I am deciding to switch plans with my host. I am trying to decide which plan is best for what I plan to run. A server with 20-25 people whitelisted, and an average of 10 online with the mindcrack modpack.