Do you guys think that will be cool?

• Yes

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • No

Votes: 8 88.9%

• Total voters

Wetherbees

Jul 29, 2019
I think you guys should add all the mods you guys are using in Forgecraft in a modpack for us to play with too.... I can't download or do anything to get mods into my minecraft thing.

EnzymeA113

Jul 29, 2019
The launcher doesn't support 1.6. This question is asked once every five minutes on any Direwolf20 server play video by the way.

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
Will not ever happen. You'd do best not to ask again, especially not here.

WTFFFS

Jul 29, 2019
You can have all the mods that are being used on Forgecraft in a pack, once they are released and if any of the packs being built by the FTB guys have them all in it, it's possible that the DW20 pack will be very close to Forgecraft. A lot of the mods that are shown in Forgecraft vids are development versions and are not released, whichever one is causing the "no coming back from other dimensions" issue on forgecraft atm is definitely not one you'd want in a pack currently however it will become a released mod sometime minus that minor drawback.
Or you can build your own pack quite easily with the released versions of the majority of the mods on Forgecraft, atm I'm running a server for myself and my kids with most of them in it and a few that aren't. It's not that hard to create a modpack, hell it's not that hard to get a server up and running. Just takes a bit of research and a bit of knowledge and not a great deal of either.

Odovbold

Jul 29, 2019
Building your own mod pack is not that hard, you can use MultiMC 5 as launcher

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
I think you guys should add all the mods you guys are using in Forgecraft in a modpack for us to play with too.... I can't download or do anything to get mods into my minecraft thing.

I Think.... you haven't seen this yet http://sevadus.tv/fclite/
as for a pack from other FC servers, never ever going to happen, as WTFFFS already mentioned.
mod developers often don't like giving out developer versions, and modpack creators don't like it either

DZCreeper

Jul 29, 2019
1. Download vanilla using launcher of your choice.

2. Add Forge.

3. Add mods.

4. Adjust configs as needed.

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
For MC 1.5, use Unleashed as a base and add your mod(s) of choice.

For MC 1.6, use Resonant Rise as a base and add your mod(s) of choice.

For MC 1.7, you're going to be using vanilla MC 1.7 with maybe 1 or 2 mods here and there, but you won't get the full mod ecosystem in 1.7 until MCP and Forge are updated for 1.7, which is no small/trivial task. Vanilla MC 1.7 made many improvement to be sure, but this caused the API to change, which in turns forces the mod abstraction layers (MCP and Forge) to also change, which will in turn require mods to be updated, though not as much as MCP and Forge.

Algester

Jul 29, 2019
but if you have been watching forgecraft related videos its not so hard to follow the mods they use but of course dev builds tend to be bug ridden so yeah... dont expect it to be playable on the get go some mod devs are kind enough to release snapshot builds but again they are still bug ridden and is being slowly fixed as forgecraft runs through its course

Reactions: MigukNamja

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
but if you have been watching forgecraft related videos its not so hard to follow the mods they use but of course dev builds tend to be bug ridden so yeah... dont expect it to be playable on the get go some mod devs are kind enough to release snapshot builds but again they are still bug ridden and is being slowly fixed as forgecraft runs through its course

Oh....those Forgecraft videos. DW20's server often has the mod devs themselves on the server, and they often provide fixes and updates to DW20 *immediately*, sometimes in the same episode, i.e. a few hours or R/L time and some splicing of video to fit into the 30-min episode.

So, yeah, definitely take DW20's dev response with a grain of salt. He earns and deserves that kind of response, for sure. He's a great asset to the MC modded community and I love his work. But, don't expect anywhere near that level of smoothness on your modded server. You're pretty much on your own.