i think there should be a snapshot and 1.5.1 on the launcher

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Freakscar

Jul 29, 2019
[...] I really dont understand what the problem is now.
Internet discussion 101: Treat your opinion as the only valid fact available, ignore every other opinion and fact out there and blame those, whose facts and opinions differ from yours, to be trolling and/or not understanding what you want. Continue to behave as if the own opinion is the be all end all of the topic at hand - and flame those that dare to object.

this post may contain traces of irony and sarcasm - aimed at the TO. Send hatemail via pm. ;)

cheechako

Jul 29, 2019
So as I said... vanilla should be on launcher as well.

Why?

Again, if you want to try vanilla, get vanilla. And if you want to experiment and tweak and vanilla like your first post implied, I already pointed out that MultiMC is great for that. If you are not willing to grab this one extra tool, perhaps tweaking a set of mods isn't for you anyway.

In fact, every time tweaking mods is suggested, you complain that you don't want to tweak and shouldn't have to tweak. Yet the only reason you've given for a vanilla 1.5.1 snapshot in the launcher is to tweak.

So please, make a post in the suggestion thread and then just go play vanilla.

Reactions: Freakscar

buzyb77

Jul 29, 2019
As to those against adding vanilla to the launcher I can tell you guys have no sense of marketing branding nor common sense.

Please enjoy walking on train tracks and playing in traffic cause with your logic the cars and trains can just drive elsewhere.

cheechako

Jul 29, 2019
As to those against adding vanilla to the launcher I can tell you guys have no sense of marketing branding nor common sense.

Please enjoy walking on train tracks and playing in traffic cause with your logic the cars and trains can just drive elsewhere.

Sigh.

If you want to try vanilla 1.5.x, try vanilla 1.5.x. If the only reason you want a snapshot in the launcher is to avoid having to use a second launcher (the vanilla Mojang launcher), then you are lazy.

If you work hard all day and don't want to spend time getting a damn game to work - you just want to play - then use the FTB launcher. Oh, be thankful - there used to be no way around all that effort getting it to work. Now, it is almost one click.

If you want to take a snapshot and tweak it (or, as you first said, "I think there needs to be current vanilla minecraft (so players can tweek or check out the mods that are current"), then there is MultiMC. The FTB launcher makes it easy as possible to customize the FTB packs, but once you start tweaking, there's a better tool. Like I said, I recommend both.

I appreciate the efforts of countless people, including the FTB team. From what I can tell, they work hard to put these packs together to make it easy for us to come home from work, download, and play. There's a lot of tweaking and configuring and whatnot that went into that. I hope they keep working on the packs, the videos, the maps, and so on - all the stuff they do well. Hopefully through all that marketing, they are pushing the authors to be even more cross-compatible. I also hope that they are already testing and planning 1.5.x packs.

So, one final time, why? What advantage does a 1.5.x snapshot have? You said yourself, in the OP, that it allowed players to tweak. Those players should not mind grabbing an awesome second tool.

And then, you bitch about how you shouldn't have to "tweek" and go on and on about what you do for a living or some other irrelevant crap like some entitled brat. You don't have to tweak - don't you get it? Play 1.5.1 and shut the F up. Or play some FTB pack, and shut the F up. Did you know that it was easy to tweak the pack in the FTB launcher, like to drop in OptiFine or remove GT? Oh, I'm sorry - such a hard worker like yourself shouldn't have to tweak a game. Did you know it was easy to fine tune packs?

So please continue to point out that I'm like a suicidal hopscotch-er or whatever instead of answering the basic question:

What advantage does a 1.5.1 snapshot in the launcher offer to anyone?

Reactions: Bagman817

buzyb77

Jul 29, 2019
So anyone if you see a fool at work or playing in the road. Just yell out hi cheechako.... cause if he can't. See any merit in it or its stupid... then well it's a cheechako

Freakscar

Jul 29, 2019
In short - see my post above.

Just about every point cheechako posted is at least sound and decent. Whereas you obviously aren't fit to hold a candle to him/her. Instead of returning the favor and write reasons that might convince someone that you indeed have a point with your demand - you spit out insults? Boy, will this get you far. Given, cheechako could've been writing some sentences in a more mature way - but since you already called everyone that's "not with me" a brainless moron.. I think he was calmer than I would have been.

Reactions: cheechako

LittleMike

Jul 29, 2019
I don't think snapshots should be added, but I would like to see a more customizable launcher that would include 1.5.1. It could be arranged something like where in the Modpacks tab you have the preconfigured ones like we have now, and then you have a Custom option. Then when you click on that, it brings up a list of all the mods FTB has rights to along with a description of what version of MC they support (kind of like we have now). You would click on each of the mods you want to add (it could be like the existing enable/disable screen) and then you can save it for later if you want/name it. The launcher will be smart enough to know if you picked incompatible mods (like a 1.4.7 and 5x 1.5.1's). Maybe there would be a dropdown so you can choose the version of MC you want to play and it will sort the available mods with that in mind. This way people could muck around with 1.5.1 using the mods that have updated for it and continue to play their existing packs using 1.4.7 all in one launcher.

Bagman817

Jul 29, 2019
The FTB Launcher exists to deliver modpacks, it's a quality of life issue for people who play modded Minecraft. As such, having vanilla MC listed among the 'modpacks' would be a bit pointless. As has been pointed out, a solution (and a good one) exists for what you want, it's called the Vanilla Launcher, or MultMC. I could expand and argue that MultiMC is a good idea even for the existing modpacks (and there's a handy 'import from FTB' function built in), but that's the subject of another thread.

Should you choose not to take the 5 minutes or less it takes to download and install MultiMC to do exactly what the OP says he wants to do, then that's your problem, not the FTB team's problem.

Reactions: cheechako

whizzball1

Jul 29, 2019
Hay look! Ciernoph finally is back! (Sorry if I botched your name.) What happened to your Build the Beast Map?

cheechako

Jul 29, 2019
In short - see my post above.

Just about every point cheechako posted is at least sound and decent. Whereas you obviously aren't fit to hold a candle to him/her. Instead of returning the favor and write reasons that might convince someone that you indeed have a point with your demand - you spit out insults? Boy, will this get you far. Given, cheechako could've been writing some sentences in a more mature way - but since you already called everyone that's "not with me" a brainless moron.. I think he was calmer than I would have been.

More mature? Hrmph! Oh well, I don't give a shit about that. I had my fun at the expense of some entitled brat.

Bottom line: I made valid points, or at the very least made points to debate. He(?) just whined about how hard he works in RL, coined incredibly stupid similes (Two doorknobs - WTF?), and insulted me.