I live here now

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
ACTUAL SPIDER on my ACTUAL HEAD! lol

And to understand the full brunt of this, I am DEATHLY afraid of spiders, lol. To say I'm a little girl about spiders would be an insult to the little girls. It's bad. I can still feel it, lol.

And secondly, why thank you :) The best is yet to come! Stay tuned.

Bit of advice - might want to avoid the new Sky Factory. Compressed Spiders. You know how Compressed Cobblestone works? Yeah...

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
Bit of advice - might want to avoid the new Sky Factory. Compressed Spiders. You know how Compressed Cobblestone works? Yeah...

giphy.gif

Edit: aww, it won't display, lol

Well... Mother of God.gif

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
Rendering now, but not posting until it's done and uploaded. Just running commentary. And sorry about yesterday. I jumped a bit hard and fast there. Temporary insanity coming from too much time on the 'net at work.

Anyway, here's my first first into chisels and bits, and boy did I learn stuff. Other than what you see on that video, I spent a total of 20 minutes poking the mid with metaphorical sticks and doing some texture work. Clear glass textures are recommended for stained glass pixel art.

So, all week long, I had idea after idea for what I wanted to do here. From simple to the grandiose. And a lot of it had to do with how I thought the mod worked theoretically. The real world wasn't far from my theory, but little things killed the little things I fantasized about. So, I just winged it. I didn't even know what it was going to be until after I finished. Originally it was supposed to be the master bedroom, buy I don't see any reason to move from my cabin.

What it ended up being was a platform for take off and landing. You can stand on the center, and under the bits is an elevator block. Which you'll see me accidentally destroy and be unable to put back together in the video. Anyway, that block pops you down into the storage area I took to calling The Library, and back up to the platform to take off and glide somewhere.

There was one thing I did have planned, and that was the smiley face was gonna go somewhere. It was inspired by the floating slime island the distance, which is why the video starts there. Originally, it was going to be virtical and made of glass so you could see the smiling island through it, but I couldn't get the angle I envisioned with the moon in the right spot, so I just dropped everything at the last second just before the video starts. That face is the only thing I copied off the net. Everything else just... happened.

Those bits, man. That chisel is the most dangerous tool in modded Minecraft. So, so easy to click the wrong thing and just totally break something! Like the aforementioned elevator block. And counties times I clicked the block under the block I was working on, or patched up a hole but it wasn't all the way full and you can't find the one empty spot you need to fix the block again. And, to make things worse on myself, my sneak button is a toggled click on my Xbox controller, so I kept scrolling through the different shapes accidentally. I really had to get into a Zen mode by the end of this build. Really tested my patience sometimes.

But, it's so worth it. I don't know if it's the shaders or if the server/client mismatch on the config files was the reason why it doesn't glow at night in the video, but it does on my screen when I play. So, now I have this self-lit kinda neat lookin helipad to look down on every time I have to go get some inventory or something. It's not perfect, but I think it came out pretty neat. I haven't seen the full build with the shaders on yet, so I don't know if that'll help it hurt it. I had some really cool ideas I wanted to do but, this was a neat little surprise. I'll save my other ideas for something else in the future.

Realtime, 3 and a half hours. Video pushes 15 minutes. It's mostly raw playtime, though, so I don't know if it'll be all that fascinating for that long. You can probably skim through it if you're bored. Might have to skim past a night cycle or three. I couldn't even preview it, so I'll be seeing it for the first time, too.

-live take: really wishing I used lava instead of glowstone, and fixed the glow. But, there's always next vid.

And there it is, notification beeping in my ear at 3:13 in the morning....

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016

In my travels, I found a sweet little place to set up a second camp. But, I'm gonna end up giving the plot to rebecca because it's so far away from my own camp. It's all good, I'll find something even prettier later when I want to expand.

Also, playing around with another visual jutsu mod I added for better foliage. It's called better foliage. It makes the foliage look better.

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016

This was an experimental attempt at adding a soundtrack for a little bit if extra drama. It ended up being a much bigger pain in the butt than I had expected and I don't really like how it came out. On top of bugs galore, or rather because of many more than you can see here, it would just take too long to polish up like I had envisioned and I've already blown 5 afternoons just trying to sync the carmera, deal with constant crashes, camera paths not working as intended, etc etc. This software is just too much of a house of cards to spend much more time on it.

Still, despite being disappointed, I thought the idea was neat and it came out ok enough to post, so here ya go!

Edit: watched it a few more times, and once I forgive myself for the bugs, this is the cheesiest and greatest video I've ever created, lol.

Last edited:

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
The video is rendering now. Will post it in the morning.

I have surpassed any prior worlds in terms of progression. After finally finishing up my last video, I was able to get in there and get some stuff done this weekend. And boy did I.

First, not shown in the video is the only inevitable result to me accidentally stumbling on the fact that skeleton spawners in the nether spawn wither skeletons. So, I built a little killing cage with a couple of skeleton spawners and another loot X mob grinder. It's efficient enough that I could probably load into the nether, stand there while I wash the dishes and get at least three skulls, so we have just hit the nether star age. Which is pretty exciting, I think.

But, that wasn't the only surprise in store for me. The video starts off in real-time. You'll see me gliding over to my secret government underground mob grinding facility to show just how effective it has become. Building that wither spawner gave me these drops of evil that turns dirt into cursed earth. So, sadly not pictured here because it was a genuine cluster**** buried in the middle of a 7 hour session, I replaced the floors with dirt and dripped a drop of evil in the middle, while standing in it fighting blazes.

Well apparently, it's some flammable stuff. The entire room erupted in flames half way through it and I had no idea how fast it spawned mobs, or that they spawned even if you stand right there. So I was mobbed and nearly killed in the process, but eventually got the whole floor put out and covered in cursed earth.

And, you'll be able to see in the video, that spawns a crazy amount of mobs! Combined with the crazy looting upgrades with the mob grinder, I started getting so much mob drop loot I legitimately couldn't keep up with it. XP, too. I woke up with 96 levels worth if xp in the obelisk by morning, just from Rebecca going in and out of the nether.

But, the loot thing, that was a real problem. So I had to redo my entire storage facility (which has been dubbed The Library. Not sure I mentioned that yet, but that's how I'll refer to it from here on). This includes not just mass amounts of upgrades, but I rearranged everything too. Added a bunch of compacting drawers, cut out all of the 2x1's, replaced all but a select few drawers with 2x2's and made 32 diamond upgrades and 128 voids. Everything has a spot that makes sense. All the spots are expandable. I can take the crazy stream of loot from the grinder, which takes 5 speed upgrades on the transfer node to keep up, I might add, and not have to worry about anything

Except the equipment mobs drop. But, the whole back wall, now all with void upgrades, is there just for spillover. Everything else has a place. Occasionally, I can go back there and quickly clear it out.

No idea how 7 hours of hard core sorting action condensed into 3 minutes is gong to look, but the first two minutes with mob spawner should be worth it. The time lapse second half has like 3 different paces going on at once. You have these slow, sweeping camera movements, with these clouds speeding by, while you see me spazzing out inside doing the work. Could he interesting, I dunno.

Coming soon, my first wither kill, the wither spawners and Rebecca's new plot.

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
**Must have sound up for this one!**

This was an experimental attempt at adding a soundtrack for a little bit if extra drama. It ended up being a much bigger pain in the butt than I had expected and I don't really like how it came out. On top of bugs galore, or rather because of many more than you can see here, it would just take too long to polish up like I had envisioned and I've already blown 5 afternoons just trying to sync the carmera, deal with constant crashes, camera paths not working as intended, etc etc. This software is just too much of a house of cards to spend much more time on it.

Still, despite being disappointed, I thought the idea was neat and it came out ok enough to post, so here ya go!

Edit: watched it a few more times, and once I forgive myself for the bugs, this is the cheesiest and greatest video I've ever created, lol.

I feel like no one watched this one because I uploaded it on a Saturday and it got buried. I'd have thought someone would at least have made fun of the cheesiness of making something dramatic out of the pixelated character, with the closeups and whatnot, lol. This video is a one-time thing, so I'd hate to see it lost.

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
Edit: DELETED, see a few posts down for the PSA. This video was put up untested and will be popular with bulimics and people who love migraines. I won't post an untested 3D video again.

Git yer Google Cardboard ready!

Just experimenting with the different rendering options for ReplayMod. This is the first experiment. I can also do 360 degree videos and full-on 360 degree VR videos, but those both take a little bit of extra work I wasn't in the mood to start with (and both might not be compatible with the shaders, sadface. But I'm working on it.)

In the meantime, seriously, sincerely got get yourselves some google cardboard. I'd recommend something like this one:

https://www.amazon.com/Starlight-Vi...rd_wg=CApQ1&psc=1&refRID=5PS1R435YKCCXYNP4XAP

Because the glasses-style ones are a lot easier to just clip on, watch and toss back into your pocket. But any google cardboard option will do.

I have not actually tested this one at all yet. I actually dont' have a Cardboard, but I do have an oculus so I will check it out there tonight. But I'd probably rather just have a cardboard for this one.

For those of you who have a Rift, I am working on a full VR video test run soon. I kinda can't wait for that.

Oh, as for the video itself, it's the historic moment where I killed my first Wither and entered the nether star age. The camer work is shoddy because I threw it together quickly so I could go to bed. But, it works well enough.

Last edited:

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
Had about a week off. Gave some love to my old mod for FFT for something different. Jumped back in this morning and made up for lost time.

Huge step forward again in progression. Unfortunately the video I'm recording right now skips all the work and jumps right to the end. It'll be a 360° video, though. So, it just slowly pans around the Library letting you look around in all directions on your phone. This is just a one time very special episode. I'll get back to the time lapses later. I just didn't have time to do the camera work yet.

But, woo boy have we moved on up. First things first, I built a system if furnaces to auto smelt and cook everything I want auto cooked, plus a chest to put anything i want manually cooked. Right now it's burning coal not super efficiently. I will swap it out for a system that converts the coal to the smaller bits AA lets you break them into. With an automated system, it'll waste less.

I'm sure there is some super efficient RF base way to smelt, but I went low tech in purpose. I've connected the furnaces to chimneys, also not in Beyond, so you can see smoke whenever it starts burning. It's kind if a neat effect.

Along with that, also automated cobblestone compression in anticipation of what would come later. But I also built a little trash system for the mob grinder's equipment spam. I am collecting tons of armor to build armies for a future project. Right now, it's collecting them and sorting them into separate chests. One for helms, another for chests, weapons, etc. 5 chests, connected to a trash can for overflow. This will give me equal numbers if each, making it easier to set them on all the dummies (the amount of work that thing's gonna take, I'm starting to think *I'm* the dummy).

So, now, I'm prepared for my quantum quarry. Which means it's time to venture into The End. We find the fortess in a previous video, so today all I had to do was zone in and get to killin. This was not my first Ender Dragon kill, so I just ran in to get it done. Wasted time building a bow first. I've gotten pretty used to that boomerang and that's all I needed. But, it was kinda cheap. You'll see how in a future video.

But, this was also m first time in the outer islands for the End! Those draconic comets are pretty awesome. Explored around here collecting a bunch if inventories worth of stuff (thanks, Ender Pouch!) I got everything I needed and then some to make my quantum quarry. I also found some sweet looking dragon heads on some floating ships, and now I want to collet 6 more. See the 360° video and you'll probably guess why.

I'm not getting that much power to the quarry yet. Right now just a single canola autofarm connected to a single oil generator, so I know that's crazy inefficient. It's just what I had handy. Working on some solar upgrades that should keep the day to day going. That'll be this week's projects.

Anyway, stay tuned for the 360° episode in the morning!

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
Grr. I was assured by the creator of replaymod that youtube would recognize the video and I wouldn't need to add metadata to make it work with the 360, but they lied! So, the video will have to wait for tonight.

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016

It works! Best viewed on a smartphone. Pull it up on full screen and look around any angle and check out my storage. Camera clips a few times, sorry!

Technology these days, huh? Still working on shaders for it, though. I don't know if that will work or not.

Edit: might have to watch it in the YouTube app to work...

Edit 2: Works in the browser on a desktop anyway, but I personally can only get it to work right when I go to the youtube app on my smartphone. Still, it's the neatest way to explore a base, IMO! You can look around in any direction. It's neat.

I am rendering one with shaders as we speak. I left it on overnight but it wasn't complete yet as of this morning, so I don't know how it turned out.

Last edited:

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
Phew! Another big jump forward in progression. Really cruising right along here. Onto the Draconic Evolution!

It took a while to get the hang of it, and I'm still totally tweaking everything, but hot damn is it convenient. Set up wireless charging for all of the machines being regularly used at my base. At first, I couldn't figure out how to keep my power hungry quarry from dominating the energy flow, but instead of connecting it to my crystal directly, I run it through my capacitor bank. I just set the output to a bit less than I generate to throttle it. That should keep pretty much everything hands free and without wasting any energy, at least until I increase my power generation to match my needs. I'm working on the canola farm, and I'll be upgrading solar panels. I didn't want to just do one or the other.

Really excited about where this is going. Ultimately, I'll be moving the energy multiblock to a more fitting place, but for now, at least I can store 273 million RF once I have a surplus. My goal here is to not waste resources,. I will have a single 9x9 canola patch, and enough solar panels to go a tick or two faster than the quarry can use, and will try to keep up with upgrading the storage so it never caps.

I also need to get started on making ice! I did a quick guestimation on how much I'll need just to build the platform upon which my next major base will generate built, and calculated that it will take 69 hours to generate with on glacial precipitator. I can double up if I have to, but I gotta get that started. I will also need tnt, but I have enough to make 15,000 blocks if it. That's gonna be a fun day!

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
I AM THE GOD OF WEATHER AND TIME! DO NOT ANGER ME OR I WILL SMITE YOU WITH THUNDER!

Draconic Evolution has quickly become my favorite mod ever.

Edit: it was especially fortunate that I had my subwoofers on. That was satisfying.

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016

Back to our regularly scheduled video updates. This one tours through all the new stuff I built. This doesn't even come close to painting a picture for how much work this was. But I am generating everything at insane rates, so I'm catching up to my in technology.

I realize I hide some of the particle effects from the celestial manipulator, but that's ok because all this is temporary. Not seen in the video here, but I've recently upgraded to tier 5, and I'm blocking out my in solar panels, lol. These things deserve their own structure, and boy are they going to get one. It will be a unique build and and interesting video, I think. I am preparing for it now. My only hints are that the trippy water tanks in the basement in this video are freezing ice blocks just for the occasion. I am also mass producing TNT. Next one should be fun!

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
Oh, and I wanted to send out a PSA. DO NOT WATCH MY 3D MINECRAFT VIDEOS! Not if you want to metabolize your lunch. The 360 degree videos are perfectly fine, just not the ones with stereoscopic rendering.

I will still make them here and there for my own testing purposes, but I finally got around to trying them yesterday. I have had an Oculus Rift for like a year and I have stress-tested the crap out of it, and have built up a decent tolerance for the inverted motion sickness they can, and will cause, but the one I posted here a few posts back really made me uncomfortable.

For one, they simply do not work with shaders. There are too many bugs and whatnot, and when the shadows don't line up, you get and image for each eye in a way your brain cannot reconcile. Your brain DOES NOT like this, and it will sound an alarm. It is not pleasant.

Second, strafing type movements, as well as fast moving cameras, will, no matter who you are, leave you feeling sick.

Any future 3D videos I record will be meant for 3D and tested appropriately. I am still feeling the effects of watching that botched TNT video I posted in "ask a simple question"

I will re-post the 2D version here, which is both safe and awesome, for consistency in the thread. I will consider re-recording with a static camera, though, as seeing the explosions in slow-mo and in 3D is pretty awesome once you get past the nausea that I still feel remnants of today.

Last edited:

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
Boy did I underestimate the work here. Phew! The video is gonna come tomorrow, but I think I'm going to have to do this in parts to get it right.

I'm just taking a break and collecting my thoughts. This is legitimately exhausting, but it's going to be worth it. It's the single biggest thing I've built. About at my limit to be honest. At a certain point, a big idea can cave in on itself and this is right up to that line.

A lot of tedium. I will be using somewhere around 600 dispensers when the framework is all said and done. 150 of which with a stack each of tnt (nearly 10,000 total). I had to automate the mass production of both items. Every dispenser needs a friggin bow, which don't stack, as you may know. So, I set up some mechanical crafting tables. One making bows, pushing them into another completing the dispensers. And another one with speed boosts making TNT, where I would run back and forth grabbing entire inventories worth if sand and gun powder over and over as fast as I could to keep up.

All that and these may be disposable. If the mountain ends up eating its own mechanism, I'm going to let it.

Now I have to go figure out the simplest pattern to alternate redstone chains for water and lava for about 400ish dispensers, as well as a layer of flow guiding blocks underneath each one, then fill every single one of them up with water and ice buckets. When you see the size of this thing, you'll see what I'm getting at here, lol. But, tomorrow, I'm going to flip a switch and make a mountain. Edit: technically 5 switches, but just because I don't feel like doing wireless, so good enough.

Stay tuned! This is either going to be spectacular or it'll be a spectacular failure. Either way, you win!

Last edited:

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
The machine works! Oh, how it works! Exactly as I had hoped, which I am so incredibly grateful for because there were thousands of places where it could have broken down. I could not possibly be happier with it.

This also brought down the server an hour into it, lol. It's 1 FPS if you're lucky. It's stopped early for now, so I decided to record a preview video as I've decided to really stretch this out into an even larger project that will be worth absolutely every second of this.

Going on record again reminding that this is 100% survival mode. No backsies. I didn't even go into creative to experiment. I earned every brick. Crafted every part. Rough estimates, but easily a couple kilometers of redstone. 650ish dispensers. 9600 TNT. 250 buckets of water, 250 buckets of lava (including the actual buckets). About 500 repeaters. Maybe 30 complete inventories worth of stone used in the process. Thank GOD I built an angel ring, or this would have been impossible.

Especially the little single blocks you'll see under each layer. Every single liquid-filled dispenser has to have a single block one space underneath it. It's the Higgs Boson of falling liquids. If the liquid does not hit a block and start spreading, it will not survive the fall. This also has the added benefit of pushing lava and water into the same paths so you don't run into situations where the water and lava fall into holes and don't touch, stopping progress.

This whole thing could be done with vanilla except for 2 things: the sequencers especially. You need to use pretty much the exact pattern I am using. It needs to keep it flowing long enough to hit the Boson and become corporeal, then cut into pieces for better spread. Then, it needs to alternate to water for 4 similar pulses. That timing is crucial to prevent it from clogging at the spout.

Secondly, there NFW anyone has the patience to build 9600 blocks of TNT or 600+ dispensers by hand. You will die of old age. I definitely built sequential builders to help craft both.

I was really nervous. This is a relatively straightforward design, don't get me wrong, but it is thousands of moving parts and one mistake could ruin everything. This was like a shuttle launch. This is live, on the server, survival mode and I only get one shot. I purposely did not test it outside of a small scale, 1 lava, 1 water experiment to figure out the best timing for the sequencers. This project, and the rest of my work, will always will be pure Jazz. I flipped the switches and crossed my fingers. And it totally worked, first shot. Damn it felt good.

Anyway. This is something pretty cool. You need to watch this video when it's done. At the current pace its rendering, it might be done after work tomorrow. It takes forever to render because it has to catch every tick up all the way for every frame.

This will be the only preview until the whole tower is done. You will absolutely not want to miss this.

Last edited:
Reactions: WuffleFluffy

WuffleFluffy

Jul 29, 2019
Love your videos and all the work that's going into the builds, I was inspired to get shaders installed and wow.. what a difference it makes to the minecraft experience!

Given how many updates the FTB Beyond modpack has had now, we've decided to shortly do a world-reset on our server.

It's extremely rare for a world re-set to happen, but we're happy to do it this time.

Our server will be maintained for at least a couple of years to give time for long term builds.

-Wuffle!