I live here now

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
I wouldn't expect it to be as complicated as your setups. It'll just be a bit of, I guess, steampunk kind of look. I have marked out a spot where I'm going to put my basic ore processing plant above what will be my main underground base where I will branch off and do my mining. I really wish the tracks could curve, though. I can't believe this modding community hasn't come up with that one yet. Because I'm tacking onto a large naturally generating tunnel and I was going to spiral it down to the bottom. The cart will be spiraling up that same tunnel but it won't look as cool making hard turns.

Damn man, it just hit me how bad I wanna just go home and play, lol

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
The curves don't work right, but if you lay a section of diagonal track, the cart will make 45 turns and run diagonally if Railcraft is installed. Of course then if you're trying to run booster rails minecraft tends to spaz out a bit.

Alternately, dropping it down the middle works just fine. Could be kind of cool looking if the cart just dumps itself off the edge, and then rises up to the surface again.

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
This is a custom pack, and I will definitely get a list. I have most of the list in a different thread on these forums, but it's been updated a bit since and I'm still putting some stuff together. Once it's a little more solidified, I will go ahead and look into uploading it to twitch. It's a really nice pack. I am really excited about where it's heading. It's a very "stop and smell the roses" type. Very atmospheric. And I'm working to make it as bug-free as possible. So far, it's been really stable.

The curves don't work right, but if you lay a section of diagonal track, the cart will make 45 turns and run diagonally if Railcraft is installed. Of course then if you're trying to run booster rails minecraft tends to spaz out a bit.

Alternately, dropping it down the middle works just fine. Could be kind of cool looking if the cart just dumps itself off the edge, and then rises up to the surface again.

ooh, 45 degree turns might be enough to do what I wanna do!

OMG, I want to go home so bad. I'm gonna sit here all day at work, bored out of my skull, designing my base in my head all day, then I'm gonna get home and not feel like playing anymore. Then wake up Wednesday morning and repeat!

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
Dear narcissistic video game diary:

I DID manage to get on last night. Made my drill. Game on!

One thing I'm weirdly excited about is my inclusion of Actually Baubles. It lets me re-craft my AA batteries and ring of magnetization into the same items that you can equip in the bauble slots. This is actually taking a HUGE thorn out of my side. The early part of the game for me is all about storage management, and that is more about being able to clear my inventory quickly as I transition into different projects. I used to have to keep on paying attention to whether or not I accidentally threw my batteries and magnetizer into the sorting machines, or worse, a trash bin. Being able to equip them and not sit there in my inventory is amazing. I just wish the Wings of the Bat had that option. It would have been a nice thing to progress to later.

Other than the momentous occasion that is the moment in every playthrough that I make my drill, all I really had time to do was dig a path into my underground lair, which will be a safe mining hub, a basic mob dropping hub, with the carts collecting everything and sending it to a future building up topside where ores will be processed. I'm starting here because the world is still too pretty to build on. I need to spend more time running back and forth to get inspired about what goes where.

I have some fairly neat plans for my underground lair. I intend to improve on a design I worked with on Win10 vanilla version that had animated running lava in the background and whatnot. This will be an homage to that build. And, in fact, I intend to re-create and improve on all of my old favorites in this world.

There isn't anything to show just yet, but by this weekend, I'm sure I'll have all kinds of visual goodies for everyone!

Also, I had to disable Dungeon Tactics because it was making everything drop ore clusters instead of ore, and I wanted to push the crusher/SAG mill mechanic. I was going to just disable the clusters but I couldn't figure out how. Honestly, I'm not sure the rest of what it brought to the table fit anyway. It SEEMED like it'd fit, but I'm really not sure any of it is necessary.

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Dear narcissistic video game diary:

I DID manage to get on last night. Made my drill. Game on!

One thing I'm weirdly excited about is my inclusion of Actually Baubles. It lets me re-craft my AA batteries and ring of magnetization into the same items that you can equip in the bauble slots. This is actually taking a HUGE thorn out of my side. The early part of the game for me is all about storage management, and that is more about being able to clear my inventory quickly as I transition into different projects. I used to have to keep on paying attention to whether or not I accidentally threw my batteries and magnetizer into the sorting machines, or worse, a trash bin. Being able to equip them and not sit there in my inventory is amazing. I just wish the Wings of the Bat had that option. It would have been a nice thing to progress to later.

Other than the momentous occasion that is the moment in every playthrough that I make my drill, all I really had time to do was dig a path into my underground lair, which will be a safe mining hub, a basic mob dropping hub, with the carts collecting everything and sending it to a future building up topside where ores will be processed. I'm starting here because the world is still too pretty to build on. I need to spend more time running back and forth to get inspired about what goes where.

I have some fairly neat plans for my underground lair. I intend to improve on a design I worked with on Win10 vanilla version that had animated running lava in the background and whatnot. This will be an homage to that build. And, in fact, I intend to re-create and improve on all of my old favorites in this world.

There isn't anything to show just yet, but by this weekend, I'm sure I'll have all kinds of visual goodies for everyone!

Also, I had to disable Dungeon Tactics because it was making everything drop ore clusters instead of ore, and I wanted to push the crusher/SAG mill mechanic. I was going to just disable the clusters but I couldn't figure out how. Honestly, I'm not sure the rest of what it brought to the table fit anyway. It SEEMED like it'd fit, but I'm really not sure any of it is necessary.
Oo! About Actually Baubles, I have a series of questions that will eventually meander round to the point:

This is not 1.10, right? Its 1.12? If so, the AA magnet ring can be deactivated by... shift-right-clicking with it in hand I think (that's number 1 on my list of AA features I really wish the dev would bloody backport...!!!). Bearing that in mind, is it possible to deactivate the bauble version? The number of times I've ended up nearly pulling my hair out because its snatched canola that's being dropped (both crystallised and empowered) is more than I care to count.

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
It's 1.10, but it behaves the way you described. You can activate it and deactivate it the same way you can with a battery. The Actually Baubles version is identical. Actually, it still shows as Actually Additions on the tooltip, it just adds a line about being equipable.

It doesn't work on the things that you need to hold in your hand, like the ring of liquid banning. And I'm ok with that. What I don't get is why the wings of the bat don't work with it. That was the big reason I wanted it in there. But, still good for the battery and ring if magnetization, two things I never leave home without.

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
It's 1.10, but it behaves the way you described. You can activate it and deactivate it the same way you can with a battery. The Actually Baubles version is identical. Actually, it still shows as Actually Additions on the tooltip, it just adds a line about being equipable.

It doesn't work on the things that you need to hold in your hand, like the ring of liquid banning. And I'm ok with that. What I don't get is why the wings of the bat don't work with it. That was the big reason I wanted it in there. But, still good for the battery and ring if magnetization, two things I never leave home without.
Wait, you can switch it on and off in 1.10 now?! Its been so long since I played my custom 1.10 minipack, I guess I'm a version or two behind! Never mind then :D

In that case when it is equipped, can it be deactivated, and if so do you know how?

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
I think you have to unequip it and put it on your bar to do it the same way you could before. I do know for sure it can be deactivated that way anyway. I almost always have it on, but occasionally turn it off when I'm dropping things in front of the atomic reconstructor. Honestly, people who don't use this thing do not know what they're missing. I'll never play this game without it again, lol. I'm out there mining now and I don't have one yet and I have to go walk over and pick up the blocks I'm breaking manually like some kind of a peasant! Ugh!

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
I think you have to unequip it and put it on your bar to do it the same way you could before. I do know for sure it can be deactivated that way anyway. I almost always have it on, but occasionally turn it off when I'm dropping things in front of the atomic reconstructor. Honestly, people who don't use this thing do not know what they're missing. I'll never play this game without it again, lol. I'm out there mining now and I don't have one yet and I have to go walk over and pick up the blocks I'm breaking manually like some kind of a peasant! Ugh!
I know, right??? :D I mean, even with the fact that I annoyed myself by picking stuff up when I didn't mean to occasionally, I still used the thing an absolute ton! In the end what I did was put an item frame at the entrance to my mine, and grab it before I went down there, then put it back when I came to the surface. Likewise for the Mining dimension!

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
That's not a bad idea. But I just keep it on me forever. There's no such thing as picking up something I don't want, though :p I'm an extreme hoarder.

Combine it with a decent Iron Backpacks setup, though, and it's auto-sorting and processing as well. I had a setup on my Sprout world where I couple probably mine with a 5x5 drill augment and fortune 3 for several hours before I had to dump anything, which was a two click process. The magenetizer was a key to that because I could mine at max possible speed and nothing ever even hit the ground.

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
If I have a mod with a magnet installed, it's always one of my early goals to acquire one. Small comet-trail of random items following me? All part of the fun.

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
Different magnet, but pretty close to the same idea. I have that one as well. I get it from Everlasting Abilities. The AA magnet just stops working when your inventory is full. That other magnet is arguably better, though, because it can almost act as a temporary storage with everything following behind you. That item trail type is probably more useful in the long run, but I don't have any way to make sure you get that one early on this one. The totems drop randomly, and that's one of the rare ones.

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
That's not a bad idea. But I just keep it on me forever. There's no such thing as picking up something I don't want, though :p I'm an extreme hoarder.
Same for me normally :p its just because of the in-world-crafting nature of some of AA's mechanics that I had a couple of issues. More than once I ran out of crystallised canola oil, because of a flaw in my system really. I had it set to only pulse the once to drop a crystallised canola seed when it detected the oil in front of it, so if the seed never got to the oil, the system stopped working.

If I'd been a bit smarter, I'd have figured out a way to have it so the pulse that sets off the dropper also starts a timer; if the timer receives a pulse from the scanner detecting crystallised canola oil and telling the fluid collector to pick it up, before it hits its end point, it resets and stops. If it doesn't get that pulse, it triggers the dropper to drop another one...

Hmm... that could work! Are there any timers or anything like that which would behave in that way? One restone pulse to start it, and another to stop and reset it?

Reactions: Drbretto

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
If you're looking to time pulses, all you need is an RF Tools Sequencer. They're cheap and easy to make and use, and you can do a lot with them. I use them for a lot of stuff. You can set the timing, you can set how it loops, if at all, etc. They're crazy versatile.

I've never made anything further than fermenting barrels for the canola, though, so I don't know what's involved in that setup. I was going to do that in this run.

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
If you're looking to time pulses, all you need is an RF Tools Sequencer. They're cheap and easy to make and use, and you can do a lot with them. I use them for a lot of stuff. You can set the timing, you can set how it loops, if at all, etc. They're crazy versatile.

I've never made anything further than fermenting barrels for the canola, though, so I don't know what's involved in that setup. I was going to do that in this run.
Seriously? Wow, you missed out! The crystallised oil alone produces a hefty boost in power compared to the fermented oil. Actually Additions supplies a trio of blocks which help make it straightforward: the Fluid placer, the Fluid Collector and the Automatic Precision Dropper. The other block that helps for me is the Scanner, from Extra Utilities 2, as that can detect the type of fluid in front of it. Its not necessary, but for me its what I used to make sure a seed wasn't dropped until the oil was there, and to detect when the oil had been converted into the crystallised oil (I used 2 scanners).

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
The only time I've ever generated enough power to bother storing it in a DE multiblock, I had just built two solar panels that generated 4096 RF/t each, so 8k/t passively all day, which was way more than enough to automate the celestial manipulator and make it pretty much permanently daytime. Once I chunkloaded that, I'd log on the next day to a few extra billion RF in the tank. So, I kinda just stopped generating power at all.

This time around, there are no (absurdly OP) solar panels, and a lot more stuff to do with the power, so I will ramp up different systems to compare them. I'm actually doing this both to experience different types but also to kinda flesh out a progression path for this pack I'm putting together. So, a full canola system that goes all the way there is very likely to be the first large-scale power system I work with.

Another one of my goals this time around is to bull a fully functioning rainbow generator from ExU2 as well.

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
The one I have on me currently is the 'Mysterious Magnet' from Extra Bees, but the Botania Ring of Magnetism does about the same thing. The one drawback to the Extra Bees one is the 'Enderman' noises that occur when something is being yanked over to you.

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
Yeah, that enderman noise thing would totally throw me off.

I wanna do bees one of these days. But that, and magic mods, have continued to elude me.

This pack, some day, maybe, I'd like to add in a magic line as well. Once someone updates Thaumcraft and everything else I want here to 1.12

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
If you want to do bees, you want to look into Gendustry once you've done a bit of it. I enjoy bees to an extent, but after a certain point I'd much prefer to just plug them in and let Gendustry do it's thing.