I heard you liked Iridium

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Apcragg

Jul 29, 2019
The difference is one is the Americanized spelling and one is the rest of the world - accepted spelling.

Moasseman

Jul 29, 2019
Are you sure?
Because on EVERYTHING I've EVER seen on anything related to aluminum said aluminum. Machinery, the raw metal, etc.
I never once saw one that said aluminium.
Also: IOS autocorrects aluminium to aluminum.
Really o.o? I've never seen it written "aluminum" in an "official" place, but oh well, I don't work with anything that has that kinda metals in it :I

Vermillion

Jul 29, 2019
Really o.o? I've never seen it written "aluminum" in an "official" place, but oh well, I don't work with anything that has that kinda metals in it :I
You must be American then. American products will all say "Aluminum".
Go buy a can of drink from the UK, NZ, Australia or well... anywhere else in the world and it'll say "Aluminium" on the bottom. Americans like to change common... everything. Like driving on the right side of the road, as opposed to Europe and most of Asia driving on the left (There is a reason for this).

I had a fun chemistry teacher back in school. A crazy, derpy-eyed lesbian scientist.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
Reactions: Freakscar

Shakie666

Jul 29, 2019
I saw a huge solar installation at the school in my neighborhood. My first thought was, "damn, that took a lot of iridium."
Nope. These ones only generate 1 eu/t. (If they really contained that much iridium the roof would collapse from the weight).

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
[Snip] Like driving on the right side of the road, as opposed to Europe and most of Asia driving on the left (There is a reason for this)
[Snip]

Don't forget Australia, We're all left drivers down here, except for one. I've seen one person trying to drive on the right side of the road, not terribly good to be anti-conformist in a driving situation.

Reactions: RedBoss

Loufmier

Jul 29, 2019
for some reason i expected a screenshot of a cube built with iridum blocks, and in the middle of it iridium pedestal, with iridium ore on top.

anyway, since this thread has some videos about metals, it`d be nice to have a video that explains physical properties of iron, because of recent event...

Daemonblue

Jul 29, 2019
That guy reminds me of my Chem teacher back in highschool. It's like all chem teachers are interesting old men :X

SonOfABirch

Jul 29, 2019
Go buy a can of drink from the UK, NZ, Australia or well... anywhere else in the world and it'll say "Aluminium" on the bottom. Americans like to change common... everything. Like driving on the right side of the road, as opposed to Europe and most of Asia driving on the left (There is a reason for this).

I had a fun chemistry teacher back in school. A crazy, derpy-eyed lesbian scientist.

actually most of the world drives on the right. There are reasons and arguments for both, but basically, the best way is the way you grew up with.

BananaSplit2

Jul 29, 2019
I read most of the stuff I know about it on Wikipedia.
And a bunch of other metals in gregtech/other mods.
Turns out Greg is right about how you get your metals and stuff.
But he is wrong about aluminium. It's actually aluminum.

Except we can also say Aluminium. And in my language, we actually say Aluminium too and in many other languages too i'm sure

Go buy a can of drink from the UK, NZ, Australia or well... anywhere else in the world and it'll say "Aluminium" on the bottom. Americans like to change common... everything. Like driving on the right side of the road, as opposed to Europe and most of Asia driving on the left

We drive on the right in Europe... Only UK drives on the left. People should stop mixing Europe and UK. They nearly have nothing in common, UK barely doing anything in the European Union

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
Another video from the element series which is quite relevant to "metals that GregTech uses":