i have very Drop Frames on ModPack (The Dark Trilogy) my FPS is 0 !!!

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Just out of curiosity, what are your computer specs? CPU(model if you know it), RAM, GFX.

Have you tried opening the Taskmanager, Go to performance, click the Resource Monitor. Click the Disk tab in the window that pops up. IS there anything in particular that uses the disk a lot? Like the pagefile?

Under the Memory tab, how much Memory is free?

When you relaunch the game, do your FPS go up to normal again?
you didnt answer the question, does your FPS go back to normal after relaunching the full launcher?
As far as I understand it, performance doesn't degrade. He just get random spikes.

AmmarAsiri

Jul 29, 2019
Just out of curiosity, what are your computer specs? CPU(model if you know it), RAM, GFX.

Have you tried opening the Taskmanager, Go to performance, click the Resource Monitor. Click the Disk tab in the window that pops up. IS there anything in particular that uses the disk a lot? Like the pagefile?

Under the Memory tab, how much Memory is free?

As far as I understand it, performance doesn't degrade. He just get random spikes.

i have 560 gb free memory

if you want any more information for any piece i well send it to you

Attachments

• 111111.png
    111111.png
    14.3 KB · Views: 31

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
i have 560 gb free memory
No you dont. That would really be something(a completely insane waste of money and rather OP rig) if you did. Memory = RAM.
Please read what I wrote again and try and follow it.
Also the picture you posted does not tell how much total RAM you got(or if it does I cannot read it)?

Wekmor

Jul 29, 2019
I don't know too much about CPUs but that doesn't look like the finest CPU to be running Dark Trilogy.
Are you sure? I mean, I got an i5 @ 3.2GHz aswell, and I never had any problems with any pack lol

No you dont. That would really be something(a completely insane waste of money and rather OP rig) if you did. Memory = RAM.
Also the picture you posted does not tell how much total RAM you got(or if it does I cannot read it)?
560 gb of ram would be effing awesome though! :D

AmmarAsiri

Jul 29, 2019
Also the picture you posted does not tell how much RAM you got?

sorry i don't speak English excellent

Attachments

• 222222.png
    222222.png
    19.8 KB · Views: 32

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Are you sure? I mean, I got an i5 @ 3.2GHz aswell, and I never had any problems with any pack lol
Yeah I doubt its a CPU issue. I would suspect a memory issue more due to how it intermittently spikes.

Wekmor

Jul 29, 2019
OK, I need an i5 then, I got an AMD 10 6700 and it runs most packs around 50 FPS on overclocker mode.
I get around 120 FPS in Infinity (High settings). I haven't overclocked the cpu, I'm just too bad with computers to try any stuff like that haha

Wekmor

Jul 29, 2019
Now click on the little button "RAM" on the left side and show us a shreenshot of you RAM ....

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Is that picture of the RAM taken with the Minecraft running?

Why on earth is it using 9GB of the pagefile as well as 7GB of RAM.

Did you check the Disk Usage like I described?

TheHawkeye

Jul 29, 2019
It says for the CPU: Average Temperature 97C is that normal? It doesn't look normal.

Sorry, I don't know much. And google isn't helping either.

AmmarAsiri

Jul 29, 2019
Is that picture of the RAM taken with the Minecraft running?

Why on earth is it using 9GB of the pagefile as well as 7GB of RAM.

Did you check the Disk Usage like I described?

yeah the picture taken with MineCraft running

i don't understand that :
(((Why on earth is it using 9GB of the pagefile as well as 7GB of RAM.

Did you check the Disk Usage like I described?)))