I have absolutely no luck with shaders... HELP!

Amaghique

Jul 29, 2019
okay so for some reason i have NEVER been able to install minecraft mods. i have followed countless tutorials on mods, and even had friends who have installed mods themselves try to help me. but no matter what i do i just cant install anything into minecraft. if it wasnt for modpacks i'd be hopeless... im cursed!

anyway, i've wanted to use shaders for a while now. i recently built a beastly gaming computer and i'd like to try minecraft with shaders. however, i havnt been able to install GLSL shaders. ive tried on ftb's launcher and in vanilla but i cant get it to work. can anybody help me plz!?

sorry for the long message. im new to this forum :p

Seananners07

Jul 29, 2019
I was able to get shaders to work in Vanilla minecraft but NEVER in FTB. No matter how many times I tried it :/
I wouldn't mind getting some help on this either :D

BigDaveNz

Jul 29, 2019
I run a fully functionally FTB pack with shaders and a 128x texture pack. Running at up to 100fps on a server... It all depends on
A. Your graphics card...

B. Which Launcher you use.

Inside the FTB Launcher... The latest Shaders WILL NOT work as far as ive tested... However Porting into MultiMC and installing that way works.

First you get Optifine... (Ultra D5) - http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic...d5-fps-boost-hd-textures-aa-af-and-much-more/
Next you get the shaders (Note the version is ....ud5.... ) -http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1544257-glsl-shaders-mod-modified-by-karyonix/
Then you get a Shaderpack (It doesnt matter whether you use sildurs or Sonic ethers or someone elses... if one works they all will)

-SUES
-Zeeekes/Chocapic13's/Sildurs - Under Custom Shaders tab.

in multimc...

Right click the instance... Hit edit mods.
In JAR MODS
Add Optifine then the shader mod

Next go in game... and hit video options. If everything is working there should be a shaders tab. Open the shaders folder and put in whatever shaders you want.

Load a world after selecting shader... It should work...
If you notice random things happening upgrade your graphics driver. Otherwise you graphics card may be incompatible. I can make a video if you guys want