I Derp, You Derp, We all Derp, What's your's?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

efefe48

Jul 29, 2019
A long time ago i HAD a base in a volcano with a self destruct mechanism (because evil genius), a tnt cart cannon,and it was running on nuclear power.
So my cannon once jammed(stupid chicken) and i forgot about it...
...i decided to upgrade my reactor...i accidentaly used plutonium instead of uranium...i once HAD a base with a self destruct,a jammed tnt cannon and a full of plutonium reactor
Cue the music

eric167

Jul 29, 2019
forget that there are some trees you do not take a TC lumberaxe, Rotary Bedrock axe, or any other instant-chop axe to.
those trees between the small, non-problematic ones, and the ones too large for the axe to one-shot.

cue the stack-overflow crash.

more specifically,
remember these prior crashes, then wonder what will happen when you take a bedrock axe to a twilight oak. . .
MC says "NOPE!"

funny, the bedrock axe can take out more wood than what's in a twilight oak due to its large AoE. darkwood forests disappear FAST.

Reactions: Evillevi

GoldenGamerUK

Jul 29, 2019
I have never derped in my mc world, I always look on a wiki before I do anything!

Edit:
I used a WIP tool in my mc world, I can't open that world save again...

Reactions: George Duggan

SteveHeist

Jul 29, 2019
Alright, kinda a copy cat. But here goes.
I was playing a server on Unleashed a while back. I set up a nuclear reactor to go with my supergen for IC2. I go up to go work on making some more components. The hole fit a cactus farm pretty well...

darkeshrine

Jul 29, 2019
I forgot that Withers explode when they appear, so my poor attempt at farming them with grinders was bad... In my base.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

On the note of spawning Withers, the first and only time i spawned a wither... ended badly. There were numerous things i did horribly wrong. First was spawning it out in the open with nothing to restrain it. Second was spawning it in a place with no mobs. Third was not having a flight mechanic. Last was not having a good enough weapon. We ended up in a stalemate where we couldn't kill each other. It always stayed directly above me so that i could never hit it with my flimsy iron sword, even if i jumped.

DZCreeper

Jul 29, 2019
Fighting the wither attempt #1: Forgot to finish cage made of Septuple Compressed Cobblestone. Wither breaks chest holding misc stuff. Most of it important.

Fighting the wither attempt #2: Forget to swap from Jetpack + Long Fall Boots to my enchanted diamond armor. I die, wither still has 200 health.

Fighting the wither attempt #3: Jump into hole that leads to bedrock wither fighting area. Forget to equip long fall boots.

Today has not been a good day. On the fourth try, I did get my nether star though.

Deftscythe

Jul 29, 2019
Performed division sigil ritual which spawned a zombie pigman. Panicked and attacked the pigman who owned my face. Not wanting to fight hordes of cursed earth mobs to get my stuff back, I pop in my bed on respawn to make it day. The cursed earth starts to burn, sets fires, and destroys all the tools I'd left floating on the ground including a maxed out fortune cobalt pickaxe(the second I'd lost on that map).

SReject

Jul 29, 2019
After watching a few wither fights on youtube, I spawned my first one, alone, in the end after defeating the dragon...... Got blasted to the edge... while being flung through the air I looked at an enderman. Landed, and was knocked into the void by him.

The Skeptical Tech

Jul 29, 2019
A long time ago i HAD a base in a volcano with a self destruct mechanism (because evil genius), a tnt cart cannon,and it was running on nuclear power.
So my cannon once jammed(stupid chicken) and i forgot about it...
...i decided to upgrade my reactor...i accidentaly used plutonium instead of uranium...i once HAD a base with a self destruct,a jammed tnt cannon and a full of plutonium reactor
Cue the music

Best. Derp. Ever.

JoeDolca

Jul 29, 2019
Never moved the throw item button from the Q. One single mis-positioned finger can and will cost you your bedrock pickaxe...

XLT_Frank

Jul 29, 2019
Attempting to access a liquid duct to set a liquid filter with a bucked of molten fluid in your hand. Fail... Again and again.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Wagon153

Jul 29, 2019
Have gregtech's hunger config on while also having hunger overhaul on. Then, afk while forgetting to pause. Oops.

Reactions: Dorque

Eruantien

Jul 29, 2019
I activated the Cursed Earth ritual at night, in the open. Then I placed a torch, and apparently the cursed earth hated me forever... I thought that it wasn't supposed to burn in the presence of artificial light. I did manage to save about half of it, which was still a lot, though.

I installed Reika's Void Monster mod. Then I forgot I installed it and was quite literally freaked out when I got close to bedrock. I still am sometimes... it sounds so close.

I always put my resources away when I think I don't need them, and then I need them the very next minute.

In one of my previous worlds, I found TWO hungry nodes. By accident.
The first time, I didn't realize it, because I was just walking by, saw an "interesting" cave in a Pasture biome, passed by and... was thrown into the air and died from falling.
When I went back, I morphed into a chicken so I wouldn't take fall damage, so that I could get close enough to mine my gravestone. I barely made it back alive...
The second hungry node was found in much the same way as the first, except that it was in a Lavender Fields biome. Same story, except that I died right underneath the node, causing all my items to be dumped into a grave directly underneath the node. Back to chicken morph... I couldn't mine the gravestone, so I tried destroying the node. It apparently didn't like that, and killed me again through damaging me, creating another gravestone directly on top of the first. I had lost all my items at this point. Needless to say...
*RAGEQUIT*
*DELETE WORLD*

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
I spent ages wondering why my autocrafting setup is producing concrete seemingly by itself...

...then I realised my pulverizer/furnace setup, when used to make glass, will produce then smelt gravel as a byproduct with Chisel concrete being the result.

Maybe now I can stop worrying that my machines are plotting against me.

Reactions: LivingAngryCheese