I Derp, You Derp, We all Derp, What's your's?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

SReject

Jul 29, 2019
Everyone makes simple mistakes that have huge consequences, so I'm wondering what little mistakes have you all made

Mine:
Playing SSP, I went into a creative world to design a moistener setup for compost/mulch. Switch the difficulty to peaceful while I work. Finally figure out something that'll suit my needs and swap back to my SSP world, minimize minecraft and head off to bed...

I have a turtle automated wheat farm(Biomass to Ethonal for boilers) that depends on bone meal... The bone meal is supplied by 2 t5 spawners. I woke up this morning out of bone meal, plant material, biomass, ethonal, and my boilers(48 of them), were all at less than 200°C

steve g

Jul 29, 2019
this was a wood reactor build i made converting jungle wood into scaffolds to feed that massive array of generators on the left.

before:

2013-09-30_042613.png

after:

2013-09-30_061919.png

i tried plugging in an ic2 mass fab into a power converter converting the mj power coming off that crazy biofuel setup to ic2 power, and there was an EV transformer on the end of the converter stack instead of an HV.

let the derpiness ensue

steve g

Jul 29, 2019
I just made a derpy squid reactor for powering my magic crop machines. does that count? ;)

SReject

Jul 29, 2019
@steve g mmmmm EV explosions. Been there a few times :'(

@Qazplm601 what's a 'bnb shelter'?

@nardavin Oh god... I've seen that happen on a server I used to play on. The rage from the player was astonishing

My Derps #2 - circa early 2013:
BC querry a 64x64 hole and build base. Carve a room out close to bed rock and place solar panels. Decide to use BC quarry to dig out the area above for sun light. Place querry, supply power and output chest. When it gets close to the solar panels I get the sudden need to use the rest room. Rush away, return to a giant hole where my Hybred solar panels were... Querry had hit a solar panel, it exploded, causing a chain reaction in which the others exploded....

Needless to say, I don't often querry around my base anymore

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Setup a sonic borer and gave it power. It was facing my base. Needless to say, that was the end of that world.
Love this.

For myself, well its already public knowledge, but it bears repeating:

1) Chunkload your ReactorCraft fission reactors
2) Chunkload your water source feeding it.
3) Cry if you ever see, um, "Achievement unlocked: Time to move."

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Addendum:

Only worth mentioning cuz it happened 45 seconds ago.

Early game, got a silk touch hammer now, and running amok getting my initial resources together...and I've somehow run out of regular cobblestone. I have no pulverizer or grinder or anything to break down this useless silk-touched stone I have (20 stacks)

You never really realize you use boring old cobblestone till you run out.

DanteGalileo

Jul 29, 2019
Addendum:

Only worth mentioning cuz it happened 45 seconds ago.

Early game, got a silk touch hammer now, and running amok getting my initial resources together...and I've somehow run out of regular cobblestone. I have no pulverizer or grinder or anything to break down this useless silk-touched stone I have (20 stacks)

You never really realize you use boring old cobblestone till you run out.

I only branch mine when I run out of cobblestone, which is a lot, as I really just go caving otherwise. I pretty much always have more iron, coal, lapis, etc than I do cobblestone.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I only branch mine when I run out of cobblestone, which is a lot, as I really just go caving otherwise. I pretty much always have more iron, coal, lapis, etc than I do cobblestone.
I guess I sort of agree except when I don't want to get distracted by a never-ending-cave-of-doom. Which my current world has in spades for some reason.

Shevron

Aug 12, 2013
Digging out a basement under your base, the size of your base perimeter using a filler.

Phone rings while you're clicking the filler interface to change it to clear, and you leave the room leaving it on horizon instead.

.... came back to find a giant hole :(

SReject

Jul 29, 2019
trying to right click a forestry barrel with industrial tnt in my hand... If that world is still around, I believe that TNT is still there

Reactions: xTordX