I Derp, You Derp, We all Derp, What's your's?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Dylz101

Jul 29, 2019
So it was my first Terraria play through a while back and I decided to do it blind. While I was farming up some hellstone, I made the mistake of killing a voodoo demon over the lava. Which, knowing my luck, dropped a guide voodoo doll into the lava. Now at the time I had no idea what the hell happened as the wall of flesh awoke, killing me pretty much instantly. This led me to become completely terrified not only of the voodoo demons but of the entire underworld. Took me a while to figure out what happened :oops:

Lordlundar

Jul 29, 2019
As far as I know, Purple is an even mix of red and blue while Magenta has a bit more red than blue. So yeah, almost identical, but still enough of a difference that art snobs will correct you on it.

You have that backwards, at least in respect to light spectrum. An even mix is magenta while more blue than red forms purple. For pigmentation though you're correct.

(One of the very few things I remembered from my junior high art class. :p)

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
I crashed our server yesterday by putting a RotaryCraft woodcutter in front of an MFR mega rubber tree. Technically the world didn't die until I turned on the industrial coil powering it but...don't do that.
Ya know what's even more server unfriendly...and hilariously fun? Breaking a mega rubber tree with a bedrock axe. The amount of drops is obscene. Also awesome.

FlowingSpace

Jul 29, 2019
When i first started playing FTB, i was making a turtle program in lua to help me with resources, i left it running while i picked up some groceries, a couple hours later, i come back, shocked, i see nothing but a flatland spanning across over 1000 blocks, over 100 hours of work, lost, frustratingly i break my turtle and shove it into the lava, and you can guess what happened next.

->EXIT
->DELETE WORLD

Never using turtles again.

DERP

Eruantien

Jul 29, 2019
Turtles aren't my highest point either...

Case in point, I got a quick quarry program from pastebin, loaded it up, and sent the turtle on its merry way carving out a medium-sized world hole.
Problem 1) The hole is completely underground, so no natural light gets in.
Problem 2) The turtle will mine any placed light sources.
Problem 3) There's things in the dark, scary resource pit. And I am too afraid to clean it out...

Reactions: Type1Ninja

Type1Ninja

Jul 29, 2019
Turtles aren't my highest point either...

Case in point, I got a quick quarry program from pastebin, loaded it up, and sent the turtle on its merry way carving out a medium-sized world hole.
Problem 1) The hole is completely underground, so no natural light gets in.
Problem 2) The turtle will mine any placed light sources.
Problem 3) There's things in the dark, scary resource pit. And I am too afraid to clean it out...
That's what LAVA is for! :D

SoraZodia

Forum Ghost
Third Party Pack Team
Mod Developer
Mar 11, 2014
The Pax Prime map shown me just how good I am at following directions and noticing important details.

Senseidragon

May 26, 2013
Not a really notable derp, but one nonetheless... I typically put my TiCo pick/hammer in slot one on my bar, and have the habit of just hitting the number '1' key when I need to quickly switch back to that tool. Naturally, it was a pretty pimped-out tool.

My finger misjudged the distance to the '1' key while standing near a pool of lava. 'q' is NOT your friend in that situation.

I've since put the training wheels back on, and re-added TheBombzen's AutoSwitch back to my pack. :oops:

Senseidragon

May 26, 2013
If they don't, they sure as heck SINK, 'cause as far as I know, it was history.

Edit: Now I'm going to have to load a quick test world, to find out if I had a derp-within-a-derp and left an awesome tool at the bottom of a pool of lava thinking it was destroyed. This just keeps getting worse!

Senseidragon

May 26, 2013
Wow. I've been using TiCo for AGES and I've never once seen that happen. This time the tool just bounced around on the top of the lava, which was very cool -- but now leaves me even more confused over where my other tool went because it most certainly didn't bounce.

Edit: It *had* to have skipped off into a corner somewhere I couldn't see, because I cannot for the life of me figure out how it could have burned. Of course this is on a long-since deleted world, so I can't even go back and check configs or mod combinations.

Last edited:

Dylz101

Jul 29, 2019
Not a really notable derp, but one nonetheless... I typically put my TiCo pick/hammer in slot one on my bar, and have the habit of just hitting the number '1' key when I need to quickly switch back to that tool. Naturally, it was a pretty pimped-out tool.

My finger misjudged the distance to the '1' key while standing near a pool of lava. 'q' is NOT your friend in that situation.

I've since put the training wheels back on, and re-added TheBombzen's AutoSwitch back to my pack. :oops:
TiCo tools don't burn in lava :)

Oops, didn't read the next page