I Derp, You Derp, We all Derp, What's your's?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Watchful11

Forum Addict
Team Member
Third Party Pack Admin
Nov 6, 2012
Please stop!

This thread is about us posting our failures, laughing ourselfs from our own mistakes, see other fails and realize we aren't the only ones failing.

This is not a place to laugh at others failures and make fun of them.

Nuno is right, this thread is for laughing at ourselves, not laughing at others.

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
Clean up edit

I was playing a CTM map which has a couple of islands over the void. It was still the beginning so I only had wood tools and the maker 'offered' a small stone island for me to get some stone. One I mined the first one, I realized it was a silverfish but instead of running away I decided to punch it with my wooden sword.

Result: rest of stone spawned silverfishs and my little island disappeared throwing me into the void. First death only after 2 mins....

pizzawolf14

Jul 29, 2019
First plant Pakratt's world ship.
248508-droopy-stereo.jpg

APproject

Jul 29, 2019
I started up my ReC fission reactor when I began my session today. I then began working on my reactor base - paying no mind to the reactor, which has proven reliable. After about a minute I receive an achievement 'running hot' or something. I just thought it strange that it had taken so long to unlock since the reactor was no different. Nevertheless, I decided to check temperatures. The temps were around 600C, which I thought was odd. Before I knew it, the reactor shot to critical temperatures and exploded. I dropped into corium and died. And now the base is tainted.

It turns out I didn't start the water pump for the boilers........ :cool:

SadGhoster87

Jul 29, 2019
I was working on streamlining my modpack, and I deleted CustomNPCs as it's mainly a survival pack, and survival players don't need CustomNPCs. Well, I did so. Later on, I was entering my first creative world with the modpack, and I was wondering- why is this taking so long to load? And that's when I remembered- I'd created a ton of NPCs in the world! I aborted quickly, but it was too late: all were gone.

Reactions: Type1Ninja

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
I was wondering why my Loonium hadn't generated anything for a while - until I noticed I had placed the Hopperhock which was to pick up the drops from the Loonium near the trashcan I used to get rid of the crap drops, so the items went there instead of the chest. Apparently the Hopperhock made the decision for me and said everything was crap. Of course it didn't need to use the filtered conduit.

the_j485

King of the Wicked
Dec 19, 2012
Look behind you
I was wondering why my Loonium hadn't generated anything for a while - until I noticed I had placed the Hopperhock which was to pick up the drops from the Loonium near the trashcan I used to get rid of the crap drops, so the items went there instead of the chest. Apparently the Hopperhock made the decision for me and said everything was crap. Of course it didn't need to use the filtered conduit.
The machines are taking control!

Benie76

Jul 29, 2019
I had two derps.
1. Left my Igneous Extruder on Cobblestone-making mode as I needed some. Forgot to switch it off, and now I have my Misc Stuff and Overflow chests full of Cobble. What's worse, the thing was still making Cobble even with the lever off. Had to switch it to Obsidian for it to stop.
2. Playing around with the Portal Gun. I wanted to see how that thing works if you fire a portal at the Moon and one on the ground. Sucked a Creeper in. Wanted to get closer to it as I saw something on the portal and got sucked in. Lost everything. My stuff is literally floating in space somewhere. Grave is gone. Had to restore an earlier backup and vowed never to do that again.

Last edited:

Type1Ninja

Jul 29, 2019
I had two derps.
1. Left my Igneous Extruder on Cobblestone-making mode as I needed some. Forgot to switch it off, and now I have a chest full of Cobble.
2. Playing around with the Portal Gun. I wanted to see how that thing works if you fire a portal at the Moon and one on the ground. Sucked a Creeper in. Wanted to get closer to it as I saw something on the portal and got sucked in. Lost everything. My stuff is literally floating in space somewhere. Had to run a backup and vowed never to do that again.
Do you know what makes that worse?

... Server play.

I vowed to never let anyone shoot a portal at the moon again near anything valuable.
So far, I'm good, but it's only a matter of time...

Vogon

Jul 29, 2019
Agrarian Skies 2...

Rain maker...

"Oh, I wasted my last clay and don't have a bucket now... I know what, I will use this rain maker thing I got as a reward in order to fill barrels of water with it!"

Placed in on top of slabs...

*fancy lightning effects*

"Oh that's fancy!"

*BOOM* and slab floor gets destroyed....

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

SadGhoster87

Jul 29, 2019
I finally had Thaumic Horizons figured out, and had recently infused the ultimate creeper ally. It had taken a long time of building and such, and was a lot of work that I quite prized. Once it was finished, I let him out of his warded jar at my home area.

My home area... filled with golems.
Defense golems.

He was toast in about seven seconds.

Psychicash

Jul 29, 2019
I had two derps.
1. Left my Igneous Extruder on Cobblestone-making mode as I needed some. Forgot to switch it off, and now I have my Misc Stuff and Overflow chests full of Cobble. What's worse, the thing was still making Cobble even with the lever off. Had to switch it to Obsidian for it to stop.
2. Playing around with the Portal Gun. I wanted to see how that thing works if you fire a portal at the Moon and one on the ground. Sucked a Creeper in. Wanted to get closer to it as I saw something on the portal and got sucked in. Lost everything. My stuff is literally floating in space somewhere. Grave is gone. Had to restore an earlier backup and vowed never to do that again.

I didn't realize this could happen until it did to a buddy of mine. He was like um... where's my gravestone?

Do you know what makes that worse?

... Server play.

I vowed to never let anyone shoot a portal at the moon again near anything valuable.
So far, I'm good, but it's only a matter of time...

I will also adopt this policy lol

EDIT: what I originally came in here for. So I found out that if you make a filler and put it down to fill... I set it to box mode.... it will clear the inside which is good to know... However not at the sacrifice of several sponges...

Last edited:
Reactions: Type1Ninja