I Derp, You Derp, We all Derp, What's your's?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Type1Ninja

Jul 29, 2019
-FUS!
-NO! My base! Stop it!
-FUS! FUS! FUS!
-Stop it, stop it, stop it PLEASE!!!
-FUS RO DAH!
XD
I intend it primarily as a PvE game, with sieges. A more accurate "game-combo" to describe my idea is Dwarf Fortress (sieges) + MC + Skyrim. And by "Skyrim Combat" I meant dual wielding, silly. :p
... Although there will be magics. ^^

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
... Do I need to explain what it's like trying to tune a natural map into a challenge zone, while leaving the player's timer mod still running? Or getting things set up, only to find that the map was generated with a debug flag still turned on in one of the configs?

... Sigh. Most "fun" aspect of Draco's collapsing, unsupported rocks: randomness in the "which blocks update / when a given block will update" means that the rockfall is not the same each run. So imagine learning where I need to plug holes on one run, only to find that the holes are different on the next run.

SadGhoster87

Jul 29, 2019
When I need to get my "slaughtering mobs with a big ass sword" or "shoot a lot of baddies" side sated, I sure as heck wouldn't want to be spending most the time swearing at minecrafts . . . limitations
Well, um... 1.9
Ah never mind, everyone knows the Minecraft community is done being grateful for updates.
suddenly mffs
Suddenly, pineapples.
I intend it primarily as a PvE game, with sieges.
And by "Skyrim Combat" I meant dual wielding, silly.
I'm working on sieges in one of my vmods (or at least I will be once the lag is fixed)
Mine & Blade: Battlegear 2: Bullseye/Warcry

Reactions: Type1Ninja

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
Note to self: Don't use Botania's Rod of Terra Firma while standing near the top of a cliff.
2015-05-01_14.51.19.png

Yes, those trees are buried in dirt. Also note the difference in visible stone and tallgrass between the left and right sides of this image.

Before the grass spread over this cliff, it was little more than a big wall of dirt with a couple trees mixed in. Before derping with that rod, it looked more like the cliff on the right.

Reactions: ljfa and Type1Ninja

SadGhoster87

Jul 29, 2019
Thaumic Horizons
Spent ages rebuilding different platforms, varying sizes, different blocks, varying pedestal patterns, new orientations of candles and clusters and mob heads, etc. to get my infusion vat to work, even though it KEPT EXPLODING AND SPAWNING FLUX, until finally...
"Oh, that number's the amount of essentia I have to pump into the vat..."

Lethosos

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, it's a lot easier than the normal infusion; just not obvious enough. ;)

Sent from my SGH-T769 using Tapatalk 2

ScottulusMaximus

Jul 29, 2019
My hungry node adventures:

I've been harvesting wood since day 1 to feed this thing crafting tables, I finally find a node and begin the setup. Oooh over 2000 stacks of wood, great, lemme grab a few stacks to start programming the autocrafting. Click... Click... Click... With a mother-!@#$ing staff of power!!!! Bye bye 2000 stacks of wood.

A few days later, lets go see what progress has been made, noooooooooooooooooooo I'm in enderminny mode and can fit thru the viewing window. Luckily got super OP armour and made it out but took a while once you're trapped in the obsidian box you built to protect yourself.

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
I accidentally threw the only cow that was near my base into the void after leading another cow to my base so I could start to breed them as I needed leather >_>

This resulted in me needing to go to the nether to get a ghast tear so I could make an safarinet so I could get a new cow. The result however is me dying a few times >_> and me being out of ender pearls. I did manage to get new cows though.

Reactions: JunpakuKarasu

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
I accidentally threw the only cow that was near my base into the void after leading another cow to my base so I could start to breed them as I needed leather >_>

This resulted in me needing to go to the nether to get a ghast tear so I could make an safarinet so I could get a new cow. The result however is me dying a few times >_> and me being out of ender pearls. I did manage to get new cows though.

Did you at least count the seconds to see if you could hear the faint squishy sound of cow hitting whatever lies beneath the void?

Torturing cows should be done for SCIENCE!

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
Did you at least count the seconds to see if you could hear the faint squishy sound of cow hitting whatever lies beneath the void?

Torturing cows should be done for SCIENCE!

I was cursing to much to hear it anyway,so sorry but no.

It was a total pain to get that other cow as for some weird reason cows like to live dangerously and go to the edge of the world without a way to get back.

I would not at all be surprised if I am going to see a cow stand on a piece of floating gravel/sand above the void someday.

Type1Ninja

Jul 29, 2019
... But... But... Being bad at vanilla is cool!
I mean, Dire's terrible at vanilla, and he's like the coolest modded youtuber ever! XD

On topic:
So, I'm programming using Unity. And I'm trying to make a pause menu. And I set up a script on the pause menu so that whenever you press p or escape, it toggles whether the menu is enabled or not (it toggles itself off at the start). I spend the rest of two days not coding but mentally troubleshooting what the problem is...
Only to realize in the last five minutes of my weekend that if I disable the object at the start, it'll also disable the script that re-enables it. >.<

For laymen:
I did code. Code had bug.
The bug was like the "bug" if you were to get into a running car, turn it off, and then wonder why the gas pedal does nothing. >.<