I dared my best friend ruin my life - Mafia Edition [GAME THREAD]

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
Except Pyure pulls that sort of logic on his first post of pretty much every game (either that or a pretend slip-up that 'reveals' him as wolf. His first post, especially when he's early, is always one that is not serious. Trying to infer a case from a throwaway joke...hmm.
*shrug*

You never know with him.

Shazam08

Jul 29, 2019
Except Pyure pulls that sort of logic on his first post of pretty much every game (either that or a pretend slip-up that 'reveals' him as wolf. His first post, especially when he's early, is always one that is not serious. Trying to infer a case from a throwaway joke...hmm.
You never closed that parenthesis, man. I'm reading your posts in an off-side whisper until there's closure.

Vote Profrags

Reactions: profrags

VikeStep

Jul 29, 2019
Hola people.

My gut's telling me that I should Vote Shazam08

I don't really have any good reasons, but my gut's been right before.

Robijnvogel

May 8, 2013
So I finally got here.
Actually, vote scottly just because new players tend to be wolves :p

Except that I had to wait at least five games before RNG favoured me...
Your reason for voting Scottly is lame and you know it.

End of the day link should be fixed now

So end of day is in 3,5 hours?
Or... one day and 3,5 hours?
Pinging @erindalc, just in case.

My gut's telling me that I should Vote Shazam08

I trust your gut. I also trust that you're a wolf.
Nah, I actually just don't like gut reads. They come from wolves all too often.
Explain "gut".

Vote Vikes

VikeStep

Jul 29, 2019
So I finally got here.

Explain "gut".

Vote Vikes
Are you really doing this? I always make gut reads, that's how I found LAC last game... I was right.
My gut is that Shazam's post feels a little awkward. idk, I can't explain it. That's why it comes from my gut!

Reactions: Bigdbigd03

Robijnvogel

May 8, 2013
Are you really doing this? I always make gut reads, that's how I found LAC last game... I was right.
My gut is that Shazam's post feels a little awkward. idk, I can't explain it. That's why it comes from my gut!

Does Shazam make awkward posts if he's a wolf?

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
So guys, just for the record: I'm detective hernandez. I'm neutral. Nobody gains by killing me. I'm not even really a detective (I have no powers)

If its all the same to everyone else, I'd like to just coast by and not die.

Reactions: fowltief

016Nojr

Dec 11, 2013
Norway
So I finally got here.

Explain "gut".

Vote Vikes
I mostly never make votes at D1 that makes sense.

RJS

Jul 29, 2019
You never closed that parenthesis, man. I'm reading your posts in an off-side whisper until there's closure.

Vote Profrags

...Wait, Vike's tone read is on this? I'm not sure if he's joking, paranoid, or tunnelling.

I'm going to vote Pyure for now, on the basis that I'm not sure whether his neutral claim is legit. With 11 players for what are effectively 15 roles (since some require duplicates), I'm doubtful as to whether what is a fairly bland role would have been included over some of the more interesting roles.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
...Wait, Vike's tone read is on this? I'm not sure if he's joking, paranoid, or tunnelling.

I'm going to vote Pyure for now, on the basis that I'm not sure whether his neutral claim is legit. With 11 players for what are effectively 15 roles (since some require duplicates), I'm doubtful as to whether what is a fairly bland role would have been included over some of the more interesting roles.
You're suggesting we vote the only person who has an uncontradicted non-mafia claim. Good job. Genius. This is exactly how not to play werewolf.

the_j485

King of the Wicked
Dec 19, 2012
Look behind you

I don't doubt it - I got Clark's mom Grumble grumble damn Americans can't even spell mum grumble grumble

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I don't doubt it - I got Clark's mom Grumble grumble damn Americans can't even spell mum grumble grumble
Do they call it a Muther in your country? Then I could understand Mum. If they don't spell it Muther though, "mum" is wrong and "mom" is right and your whole country should just surrender.

the_j485

King of the Wicked
Dec 19, 2012
Look behind you
Do they call it a Muther in your country? Then I could understand Mum. If they don't spell it Muther though, "mum" is wrong and "mom" is right and your whole country should just surrender.
That's not really consistent logic, considering that the second m comes out of nowhere.
Though, to go with it, how do you pronounce it? Muther or mother? Both English and Americans (as far as I know) pronounce it as the former, hence the use of the u when it's contracted. However, in all honesty it doesn't matter. Language evolves in irrational ways, so you can't really apply a system of logic to it that works 100% of the time.

RJS

Jul 29, 2019
You're suggesting we vote the only person who has an uncontradicted non-mafia claim. Good job. Genius. This is exactly how not to play werewolf.

If we knew that all roles were in the game, I would solidly agree with you. However, taking a gamble on a role not being in the game in order to generate an alibi kinda fits what I see as your MO. My hypothesis for my vote is simple.

Your claim is uncontradicted because there exists no Detective Hernandez who would contradict it. With the number of players confirming that some roles are not in the game, forgive me for not taking every uncontested claim at face value.

In fact, the tone of your response matches your tone from the TTT werewolf game, where you were dismissive and mocking of all my posts and arguments. That game you flipped scum. Well done Pyure, you actually provided my vague suspicion with some corroborating evidence. Much obliged.