I am confused about whats going on

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Zen300

Jul 29, 2019
So setup to this;

Blood Magic Well of Suffering over a 9x9x3 Cursed Earth Spawner, Redstone Lamps around the room to light it and turn it off, EnderIO redstone conduits to the lamps.

First issue I had was that after reloading the world, the lamps weren't connected to the conduits. I reconnected them and set it to a "strong redstone signal" hoping that might keep them connected.

Second issue I had was that I was setting up Teleposers (total of 6) to be used in combination with Jailer Nett'ed Witches so that I could on the push of a button bring more mobs into the area as the Cursed Earth seems to be lacking in terms of its spawn rate (I only ever see like 4 mobs in it). But now I've gone through 2 Witches... Well isn't killing them, they are literally disappearing in front of me. And the teleposers are not setup yet, they have no link so its not like I'm accidentally teleporting them away. I don't think they could be forced despawned due to mob limit but it is a possibility but so unlikely as I added one Witch while the Cursed Earth was turned off and they just disappear within 5-20 seconds.

Third issue is that I am seeing this in the FTB launcher console;
[18:44:24] [Client thread/WARN]: Unable to play unknown soundEvent: minecraft:mob.witch.hurt
[18:44:25] [Client thread/WARN]: Unable to play unknown soundEvent: minecraft:mob.witch.hurt
[18:44:26] [Client thread/WARN]: Unable to play unknown soundEvent: minecraft:mob.witch.hurt
[18:44:28] [Client thread/WARN]: Unable to play unknown soundEvent: minecraft:mob.witch.hurt
[18:44:28] [Client thread/WARN]: Unable to play unknown soundEvent: minecraft:mob.witch.idle
And it just spams and spams that...

I am thinking issue 2 and issue 3 might be connected. And yes all of these areas have been kept chunk loaded since I installed the Well.
If anyone can shed some light on whats going on here I'd appreciate it as I'm... Very unsure. For the mods I'm using the default ones in the most recent DW20 pack except I updated Witchery, Blood Magic, and Thaumcraft and added AM2, Forbidden Magic, and Magical Crops.

Edit:
in regards to issue 2 I have above. Do mobs spawned via Cursed Earth disappear if removed from it? As I plopped down a 3rd Witch and its still here after 20 seconds. And I know out of the 3 Witches one of them was from a wild spawn but two of them were from the Cursed Earth spawn.

Last edited:

ratchet freak

Nov 11, 2012
cursed earth has a build in throttle when there are mobs present in a decently large radius on the block that is trying to spawn (to prevent excessive lag). 4 in a 9x9 is what I'd expect.

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
It would be better to have multiple cursed earth rooms and ferry those spawns to the Well of Suffering room instead of have the cursed earth room directly beneath the altar.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
I also have the issue that the console seems to spam that there's no sound available for witches, even when they're not hurt.
I'm using the Direwolf20 1.7.10 pack aswell, and placing down a sound muffler also doesn't work.
I'm just ignoring the message for now as I don't really know how to fix it

as for your disappearing witches, same thing happened for me aswell.
I also have a MFR spawner set to precise to spawn jailed witches who then get teleposed to the altar for the well of suffering, and witches also would disappear
what I found out was that the witches were actually dying in my setup, as I started to find dropped loot from witches.
I combined the well of suffering with a ritual of regeneration and everything was fine after.
I'm guessing the witches may not be able to regenerate fast enough due to lagg perhaps, so using the ritual of regeneration should help them regenerate fast enough

tedyhere

Jul 29, 2019
The ritual was set up to specifically stop people from using ONLY witches and keeping them alive under their own power I believe which is why the other ritual is needed. You could do Flesh golems with full health and healing upgrades I believe.

Zen300

Jul 29, 2019
The ritual was set up to specifically stop people from using ONLY witches and keeping them alive under their own power I believe which is why the other ritual is needed. You could do Flesh golems with full health and healing upgrades I believe.
Golems in my last test in my previous 1.7.10 world do NOT out heal the ritual.

I figured out the issues though.... I went to a Witch Spawner, grabbed 6 witches and put them down. They are still alive hours and days of playtime later.