Hunt The Beast [1.4.6, DW20 Pack v3] - [Strict Whitelist] - [Mature] - [Everything Enabled]

• Announcement

Hello, we know that many of you have been asking for the server section to be split into sections so that servers are easier to find so that is exactly what we have done! We are also working on a server listing site to make the listing even better but this is still some time off and so for now this will be used. Current server owners will need to PM Rob if they want to keep their post with the following form completed:

Link to forum post:
    Pack:
    Server type (Whitelist/Greylist/Open):

Hope you like the new layout and if you have any more suggestions please post them in the web feedback forum.

The FTB Team
    P.S Go easy on my inbox :)
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

WinneonSword

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, here are the final results. If you would like a review of your application, then send me a PM. :)

Congratulations! You are accepted into the Hunt The Beast server! I will PM you the server/teamspeak details shortly.

Congratulations! You are accepted into the Hunt The Beast server! I will PM you the server/teamspeak details shortly.

I am sorry, but you are declined to join the Hunt The Beast server. I hope you find a server that suits your needs. :)
I am sorry, but you are declined to join the Hunt The Beast server. I hope you find a server that suits your needs. :)

That's it! Thank you all for applying, have a Merry Christmas!

-WS[DOUBLEPOST=1355689421][/DOUBLEPOST]EDIT:
I am sorry, even if I would have accepted your application, I stopped applications 5 hours ago. I am sorry. :(

-WS

Follay

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, here are the final results. If you would like a review of your application, then send me a PM. :)

That's it! Thank you all for applying, have a Merry Christmas!

-WS[DOUBLEPOST=1355689421][/DOUBLEPOST]EDIT:

I am sorry, even if I would have accepted your application, I stopped applications 5 hours ago. I am sorry. :(

-WS
Ok thats alright, maybe another time :D

Imkeezy

Jul 29, 2019
IGN (In-Game-Name): ImKeezyy
Teamspeak Nickname: leathergoat (changing it very soon)
Why would you like to join this server (give me a good 5-6 sentences explaining why): First off, I got FTB 3 days ago. When I got minecraft, I said to myself "This would be so much fun if I could play with others!" But now, FTB introduces so much more. It is just like getting a brand new game. I want to play FTB online because lets say you got all of these tin ores, but you have no one to share it with! It would be awful. To me personally, online games should always be cooperatively special.
Why would you choose this server over any other server (give me a good 5-6 sentences explaining why): I love it when whitelist servers have really long applications because I can smelt iron and gold while typing this up . I have looked at other servers, but to be honest, this one seems like you guys have a better community. I saw that almost every single server has Hamachi. I just don't want to deal with the stupid download. Also, after looking over other whitelist applications, I saw that the Owner knows how to give some people bad news, and other good news. Very Charismatic.
What exactly can you bring to this server, to improve it (give me a good 5-6 sentences explaining): From the looks of it, I can bring a positive attitude. I can bring my sweet talkin' skills. People never get mad at me unless they make me mad. Otherwise, I can bring joy, happiness, and a golden future! If needed, I can bring snacks, to every party! My creativity skillset of making buildings can come in handy, but so far playing FTB, I still don't know what a macerater is.
Do you have any bans on record? If so, please list them and tell me why you were banned: So far, I believe I have one ban. That is because the owner got mad at me when I wouldn't tell him how I did the painting/sign method where you can just walk straight through the painting.
Password: Yeah no, can't find the password...I was, sadly, not at the staff meeting. (RvB reference...just sayin')
Bonus Questions (These are not necessary, but they will increase your chances of joining the server):
Which is worse, failing or trying?: Trying, Because if you try to hard, you can pull a muscle. It really hurts! But thematically, failing can be worse.
Would you break the national law to save someone you deeply love?: Yes, only because I believe in every man/woman should have the right to fight for what they want!
What is the difference between being alive and truly living?: Truly living is moving yourself out of your comfort zone and just doing it.
You see sixty cups on a table. If one comes off the table, then how many are left? (Do not take this question verbally. ;)): 60, because you still have 60 cups. One is just misplaced.
Take 30, divide it by 1/2, then add the number 10 to the number. What number do you have now?: A number that is bigger than 1.
Just a side note, If I do get accepted to this awesome server, I have a wrist fracture atm so...

WinneonSword

Jul 29, 2019
IGN (In-Game-Name): ImKeezyy
Teamspeak Nickname: leathergoat (changing it very soon)
Why would you like to join this server (give me a good 5-6 sentences explaining why): First off, I got FTB 3 days ago. When I got minecraft, I said to myself "This would be so much fun if I could play with others!" But now, FTB introduces so much more. It is just like getting a brand new game. I want to play FTB online because lets say you got all of these tin ores, but you have no one to share it with! It would be awful. To me personally, online games should always be cooperatively special.
Why would you choose this server over any other server (give me a good 5-6 sentences explaining why): I love it when whitelist servers have really long applications because I can smelt iron and gold while typing this up . I have looked at other servers, but to be honest, this one seems like you guys have a better community. I saw that almost every single server has Hamachi. I just don't want to deal with the stupid download. Also, after looking over other whitelist applications, I saw that the Owner knows how to give some people bad news, and other good news. Very Charismatic.
What exactly can you bring to this server, to improve it (give me a good 5-6 sentences explaining): From the looks of it, I can bring a positive attitude. I can bring my sweet talkin' skills. People never get mad at me unless they make me mad. Otherwise, I can bring joy, happiness, and a golden future! If needed, I can bring snacks, to every party! My creativity skillset of making buildings can come in handy, but so far playing FTB, I still don't know what a macerater is.
Do you have any bans on record? If so, please list them and tell me why you were banned: So far, I believe I have one ban. That is because the owner got mad at me when I wouldn't tell him how I did the painting/sign method where you can just walk straight through the painting.
Password: Yeah no, can't find the password...I was, sadly, not at the staff meeting. (RvB reference...just sayin')
Bonus Questions (These are not necessary, but they will increase your chances of joining the server):
Which is worse, failing or trying?: Trying, Because if you try to hard, you can pull a muscle. It really hurts! But thematically, failing can be worse.
Would you break the national law to save someone you deeply love?: Yes, only because I believe in every man/woman should have the right to fight for what they want!
What is the difference between being alive and truly living?: Truly living is moving yourself out of your comfort zone and just doing it.
You see sixty cups on a table. If one comes off the table, then how many are left? (Do not take this question verbally. ;)): 60, because you still have 60 cups. One is just misplaced.
Take 30, divide it by 1/2, then add the number 10 to the number. What number do you have now?: A number that is bigger than 1.
Just a side note, If I do get accepted to this awesome server, I have a wrist fracture atm so...
If you weren't paying attention to the above post or the forum post for that matter, I am not allowing whitelist applications at this time. I am sorry.

-WS

WinneonSword

Jul 29, 2019
!! Important !!
It seems the server is having problems with the client. The main world is corrupt for whatever reason, and the backups I have are fine, but they seem to be incompatible with the server. Every time someone logs in, they just get disconnected. This is a big game changer.

There is nothing I can do but to reset the server. I will try to figure out a way to carry over your player.dat files so you keep your inventory, but you will be moved to the overworld at coords 0,0. The server will be down until FTB completes it's big update that adds RedPower 2 and Thaumcraft 3/EE3. I suggest, when FTB is updated, update your modpacks to the latest version. I am extremely sorry for this guys. FTB is in fact still in Beta and there is nothing I can do about that. The mod-makers and FTB-creators are doing the best they can. I have also heard that some Block IDs will be changed with the new FTB update. If this is so, then I will probably not be able to carry over your inventories, due to the fact that some of your items in your inventory will be different and completely new items.

This is a big change; I really hope you decide not to leave the server due to this change. The original map was going to be reset anyway; we were all planning for it, just not in this way. I am deeply sorry for the inconvenience.

One more thing. If you want to create a Mystcraft world, please ask me first. I saw that there were at least 20 Mystcraft worlds in the server, and that is extremely lagging the server. Just a thought.

-WS

WinneonSword

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm that's unfortunate. If you can't copy the player.dat files, will you spawn in stuff for people who lost their things?
Probably not, due to the fact that I did not know what the members of the server had, and I am not certain if you would be lying to me when you told me what you lost. :(

!! Update !!
Ok, here is an update. It seems there will be 5 packs for FTB. The Ultimate Pack (I think this is the main one), Magic World, MindCrack Pack, Direworld20's Pack, and the Tech World Pack. There are 5 packs I believe we can choose off of. But, instead of letting me decide of what pack we're using, I'm going to let you decide. Put what pack you want in the post below, and the one that get's the most votes will be the chosen pack for the Hunt The Beast server. Now, these packs and their mods may change, so when the winner is chosen, I will not start up the new map and server until the chosen pack is finished being worked on. Good luck. May the best pack win. :)

This poll/vote ends of Thursday, December 27th, 2012 GTM-6:00 (Central American Time).

-WS

deathbringer0924

Jul 29, 2019
Probably not, due to the fact that I did not know what the members of the server had, and I am not certain if you would be lying to me when you told me what you lost. :(

!! Update !!
Ok, here is an update. It seems there will be 5 packs for FTB. The Ultimate Pack (I think this is the main one), Magic World, MindCrack Pack, Direworld20's Pack, and the Tech World Pack. There are 5 packs I believe we can choose off of. But, instead of letting me decide of what pack we're using, I'm going to let you decide. Put what pack you want in the post below, and the one that get's the most votes will be the chosen pack for the Hunt The Beast server. Now, these packs and their mods may change, so when the winner is chosen, I will not start up the new map and server until the chosen pack is finished being worked on. Good luck. May the best pack win. :)

-WS

I vote DW20's pack because we were sort of doing a dw20 style thing(Mining age, shared resource room, etc.)

WinneonSword

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, we have 1 vote for Direwolf20's pack. I'm going to give this thread 2 more days to choose what modpack is going to be added to Hunt The Beast FTB. Good luck!

-WS

Reactions: deathbringer0924

Wisdoms

Jul 29, 2019
Voting for Direwolf20 pack with an additional vote for adding treecapitator and keeping gregtech as-is(Hardmode).

Also-
I'm back.

WinneonSword

Jul 29, 2019
Voting for Direwolf20 pack with an additional vote for adding treecapitator and keeping gregtech as-is(Hardmode).

Also-
I'm back.
Great to have you back, Wisdoms! :D One thing; the Direworld20 Modpack does not include GregTech. Most of the players on the server, including myself, do not like GregTech much because it makes IC2 a lot more difficult. That's just my own opinion. But, if we are going with the DW20 pack, we will probably not be adding in GregTech.

Ultimate Pack (N/A) - 0 votes
Magic World Pack - 0 votes
Tech World Pack (N/A) - 0 votes
MindCrack Pack - 0 votes
Direwolf20 Pack - 3 votes (Optional: TreeCapitator Mod)

T3amTact1cal

Jul 29, 2019
Main Details:
IGN (In-Game-Name): T3amTact1cal

Teamspeak Nickname: Never used it before

Why would you like to join this server (give me a good 5-6 sentences explaining why): Well, I left normal MC because of the constant hacking and greifing for random dumb reasons, which also made me do things I didn't enjoy. After I left normal MC I joined te**nic server and got tired of that then did te**it which I enjoyed for a while, but got lonely. Then I found out about FTb which Is fully supported by the Dev and is constantly updated. I joined a server but got greifed to hell and then played SP which I got lonely again. Now I'm trying to find a server that is private and no boundaries so I can learn all everything in the game and enjoy with a friendly community which I can trust and relax with.

Why would you choose this server over any other server (give me a good 5-6 sentences explaining why): To be honest, I can't give a detailed reason to join this server other than that it seems to be a mature group of players that won't do unnecessary stuff such as greif and steal. If they do we can remove them without the worries of them joining back with an alt because it's a white-listed server which has it's ups and downs. A major reason I would like this server over others is that it might bring members better together such as MindCrack who love to play pranks, which I would enjoy alot :D ( I also spent like 30 minutes on the application so it must mean I really want to join :/ )

What exactly can you bring to this server, to improve it (give me a good 5-6 sentences explaining): In the knowledge of my comprehension of this modpack, it's a little low on helping out with mods part. But I'm kind, I love to help people, I can sort out stuff without taking something overboard.

Do you have any bans on record? If so, please list them and tell me why you were: A couple to be completely honest, One I hacked the owner's account and spawned myself stuff :p. A couple others but that's all behind me and I use to be selfish (Also, I don't really have any bans on records from what I'm thinking records are, If I'm wrong, by bad)
Which is worse, failing or trying?: failing as in not trying at all, then yes

Would you break the national law to save someone you deeply love?: maybe...

What is the difference between being alive and truly living?: true living is doing something that you enjoy doing, not something your forced to do.

You see sixty cups on a table. If one comes off the table, then how many are left?
(Do not take this question verbally. ;)): ...59

Take 30, divide it by 1/2, then add the number 10 to the number. What number do you have now?: 70? (I'v always been bad at math)

Wisdoms

Jul 29, 2019
Great to have you back, Wisdoms! :D One thing; the Direworld20 Modpack does not include GregTech. Most of the players on the server, including myself, do not like GregTech much because it makes IC2 a lot more difficult. That's just my own opinion. But, if we are going with the DW20 pack, we will probably not be adding in GregTech.

Ultimate Pack (N/A) - 0 votes
Magic World Pack - 0 votes
Tech World Pack (N/A) - 0 votes
MindCrack Pack - 0 votes
Direwolf20 Pack - 3 votes (Optional: TreeCapitator Mod)
If Industrial Centrifigue is a part of GregTech and is not included, I am sorry- but, I will not be joining the server again. The fact that the game is already extremely easy with GregTech does not mean I will make the game creative mode by playing without it.
I enjoy a challenge, and up to par without Gregtech the game is just trivial... Sorry, but I will not waste my time in online creative mode.

WinneonSword

Jul 29, 2019
If Industrial Centrifigue is a part of GregTech and is not included, I am sorry- but, I will not be joining the server again. The fact that the game is already extremely easy with GregTech does not mean I will make the game creative mode by playing without it.
I enjoy a challenge, and up to par without Gregtech the game is just trivial... Sorry, but I will not waste my time in online creative mode.
1 addon-mod is really not enough about to leave a server. :( The fact that GregTech is not in DW20 pack is simple. It's just not in there. Most people do not like how GregTech makes IC2 more difficult to start out with. If GregTech is added and is set to hard mode, then that will make most of the server a dreadful place. So, I am sorry about that. I can add in GregTech though, but disable the difficult aspects of it. Please don't leave the server over 1 silly mod. :(

-WS
Main Details:
IGN (In-Game-Name): T3amTact1cal

Teamspeak Nickname: Never used it before

Why would you like to join this server (give me a good 5-6 sentences explaining why): Well, I left normal MC because of the constant hacking and greifing for random dumb reasons, which also made me do things I didn't enjoy. After I left normal MC I joined te**nic server and got tired of that then did te**it which I enjoyed for a while, but got lonely. Then I found out about FTb which Is fully supported by the Dev and is constantly updated. I joined a server but got greifed to hell and then played SP which I got lonely again. Now I'm trying to find a server that is private and no boundaries so I can learn all everything in the game and enjoy with a friendly community which I can trust and relax with.

Why would you choose this server over any other server (give me a good 5-6 sentences explaining why): To be honest, I can't give a detailed reason to join this server other than that it seems to be a mature group of players that won't do unnecessary stuff such as greif and steal. If they do we can remove them without the worries of them joining back with an alt because it's a white-listed server which has it's ups and downs. A major reason I would like this server over others is that it might bring members better together such as MindCrack who love to play pranks, which I would enjoy alot :D ( I also spent like 30 minutes on the application so it must mean I really want to join :/ )

What exactly can you bring to this server, to improve it (give me a good 5-6 sentences explaining): In the knowledge of my comprehension of this modpack, it's a little low on helping out with mods part. But I'm kind, I love to help people, I can sort out stuff without taking something overboard.

Do you have any bans on record? If so, please list them and tell me why you were: A couple to be completely honest, One I hacked the owner's account and spawned myself stuff :p. A couple others but that's all behind me and I use to be selfish (Also, I don't really have any bans on records from what I'm thinking records are, If I'm wrong, by bad)
Which is worse, failing or trying?: failing as in not trying at all, then yes

Would you break the national law to save someone you deeply love?: maybe...

What is the difference between being alive and truly living?: true living is doing something that you enjoy doing, not something your forced to do.

You see sixty cups on a table. If one comes off the table, then how many are left?
(Do not take this question verbally. ;)): ...59

Take 30, divide it by 1/2, then add the number 10 to the number. What number do you have now?: 70? (I'v always been bad at math)
I am not accepting applications at this time, if you were not reading the first forum post. Thank you.