Huge dupe with Thaumcraft!

Dadealus

Jul 29, 2019
Just wanted to let you guys know about a new dupe i saw on my server today. cant believe this hasn't happened more often or isn't listed everywhere because of how easy it is to do.

DarkDestry

Jul 29, 2019
Take the vid down NOW. Dont ever post a how to guide on duping in a public forum. PM it to the admins/mods/mod authors.

Greedseed

Jul 29, 2019
Users will find this anyhow Dark, if its on here or not it will be found.
And this is the server admin section, not a lot of non server owners come and snoop around here.

As wel as this gives the server admins a idea of how the glitch works and how they can prevent it.

So like i will now disable the fact that you can destroy this block with Modifyworld. So if you want to replace it you will need a moderator to help you out, oke its a hassle but it is something that needs to be reported to the mod dev and fixed asap, il try to get in contact with him as wel.

Dingham

Jul 29, 2019
Would suggest just adding in a log for the block been broken. As preventing people from braking altogether is a bit harsh, even for me. With having it logged you can at least check to see if someone is abusing it and take action accordingly.

Greedseed

Jul 29, 2019
Would suggest just adding in a log for the block been broken. As preventing people from braking altogether is a bit harsh, even for me. With having it logged you can at least check to see if someone is abusing it and take action accordingly.

true but then if you try to run a stable iconomy, it is "flush" down the drain.

DarkDestry

Jul 29, 2019
Its a little hard to ask players to look for staff all the time when im one of the only 2 active staff. Most of the time im busy configurating stuff and fixing stuff to be there for the players. Also with economy, using vault, you can track transactions. If theres an unusual degree of transactions then thats the culprit. Moreover, the recipe in the vid isnt really valid with gregtech overwriting the crap. As long as you dont have stuff in your shop that have an easily obtainable recipe then you are fine.

EDIT: Isnt there supposed to be a final patch for Ultimate 1.4.7? Could you bring this up to slow and request that he include the bugfix?

Greedseed

Jul 29, 2019
Its a little hard to ask players to look for staff all the time when im one of the only 2 active staff. Most of the time im busy configurating stuff and fixing stuff to be there for the players. Also with economy, using vault, you can track transactions. If theres an unusual degree of transactions then thats the culprit. Moreover, the recipe in the vid isnt really valid with gregtech overwriting the crap. As long as you dont have stuff in your shop that have an easily obtainable recipe then you are fine.

EDIT: Isnt there supposed to be a final patch for Ultimate 1.4.7? Could you bring this up to slow and request that he include the bugfix?

It wont work when you use item economy like we do. and in our case there are a good amount of admins and mods online to help out.

And yes i will forward this asap along with other bugs.

Dingham

Jul 29, 2019
A good point.

We're not sophisticated to have an Economy on my server, we're like barbarians with powersuit and halberts.

Greedseed

Jul 29, 2019
Oke i have asked slowpoke, he is gone infrom Azanor and ask him, but the word is that he might not fix it since he is working on 1.5

Reactions: Dingham

Greedseed

Jul 29, 2019
Oke just got confirmed that it is not getting fixed at this point. Azanor is leaving for vacation.

Delnaga

Jul 29, 2019
o_O well crud, i can no longer see the exploit, could someone please msg me what the dupe is so i can take care of it on my server before the kids find out.

HaoSs

Jul 29, 2019
can someone pm with the dupe ? i have no thaumcraft items banned so i probably have it

thank you. already answered

UnionCraft

Jul 29, 2019
I'm having serious issues blocking this, tried adding a -modifyworld.blocks.destroy.<ID> but you can still break it. Tried adding it to the blacklist for on-break=deny in worldguard, didn't do anything. I can add it to recipear to have it be removed on player logon but that doesnt exactly prevent it, just removes the item from the inventory, they can keep remaking it and continue duping.

To note, this has actually been fixed but only in Thaumcraft 1.5.1 version :(